1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

The Junior Cup, Site of Partings and Encounters! (754)

Discussion in 'Pokémon Black & White - Rival Destinies' started by Serebii, Sep 6, 2012.

1. Supersonicbro

Supersonicbro Well-Known Member

did iris reference a real hurricane when she called him hurricane cameron? It sounded really familiar when she said it.

2. Orton155

Orton155 Pokemon Enthusiast

A lots happened in this episode when I think about it but it whizzed past so fast.

I thought the Alder vs Trip battle was the right result but I didn't expect Trip to change his ways in the way he did, I was expecting more of a tantrum and a 'I'll get you next time!' but I liked this one better. Next was a new character named Cameron. I really like the fast paced, act-before-you-think attitude which will create some pure hilarity to the series, I look forward to his future episodes. Finally, we had Dawn's departure ( :( ), I didn't quite find this one as emotional as the last but I thought the battle between Quilava and Pikachu was brilliant and a Draw was appropriate showing friends as equals. Goodbye Dawn and good luck in the Wallace Cup.

Oh and I forgot to mention Team Rocket which remain secretive between Meloetta and the ruins. I look forward to when all is revealed.

On to the next one!

3. R?IDDl3R

R?IDDl3R ace trainer

dude... couldnt agree with you more :) im a huge dawn fan too :D

4. Battra

Battra Well-Known Member

It was nice seeing Alder completely shut Trip down, also nice seeing the writer's didn't have him continue his attitude problem and mellow out more. Nice seeing the battle between Ash & Dawn end in a draw, really shows how much much Dawn has come since her journey through Sinnoh.

Why do the writer's feel the need to add the quirky, wacky, sidekick type character we already have Bianca, do we really need another Barry or Morrison in the show. These characters and their actions aren't funny and detract from the enjoyment of the episode I just cringe every time Cameron open's his mouth or is on screen. He is not funny, his actions aren't funny, why do we really need to give Ash another rival? This troupe is worn out, it is a sign of bad writing that we even have a character like Cameron in the series cause Trip was never that interesting.

So this little mini arc was ok, it was disappointing that they brought Dawn back only to relegate her to 4th companion position & not even have her win the Junior Cup or at least come in 2nd, before she leaves for Johto to complete in the Wallace Cup. Also we don't even get a battle between Alder & Cynthia, you have 2 region champs and you don't even let them battle each other.

5. Dragalge

Dragalge Naganadel

This episode was okay personally. It was the time where I never hated Cameron and was just getting used to the new rival despite the short appearence he made.

6. TheMaster327

TheMaster327 Well-Known Member

Just thought I'd let you know... CITV in the UK is airing the next two episodes after this one (The Road to Humilau and Unrest at the Nursery!) on Friday, 28th December from 7:30am GMT. And on New Years Eve, the next two as well (Meloetta and the Undersea Temple and Unova Survival Crisis!)!

7. WaterDragon trainer

WaterDragon trainer Freak Like Me

This was an ok episode even though I did expect more out of it. It was a bit upsetting to see Dawn leave. It feels like she just came back. Also, I found Cameron to be extremely annoying.

8. R?IDDl3R

R?IDDl3R ace trainer

ya i know how you feel, i wanted her to stay till the unova league , but we mite see her again soon :), maybe when ash comes back to kanto she will come visit

9. ~Silver Aura~

~Silver Aura~ Back...ish

Cameron is really silly but I don't care because Riolu finally gets some more screen time! YAY! I literally sqreed (sp?) when Riolu came up on WTP? (In case you haven't guessed I'm a massive Riolu fan. :)) Bye bye Dawn, hope to see you again at some point.

10. matt0044

matt0044 Well-Known Member

So Cameron thought that the UNOVA league was being held in JOHTO. Isn't that like the White House of the United States being located in Pakistan?

11. J Ken

J Ken RAVE

Trip and Cameron were the highlights of this episode to me. I think Alder just agreed to battle the winner of the Junior Cup to crush the dreams of whichever little kid happened to win it. I don't get why Cynthia had to interrupt Ash vs Dawn but wouldn't have one of Ash's Unova Pokemon been a better option for the battle to show what he has learned in Unova?

Last edited: Feb 3, 2013
  12. Marbi Z

Marbi Z Lop-And-Bunny!!!

Well having seen this episode it's safe to say that Dawn will never be seen or heard from again...

13. R?IDDl3R

R?IDDl3R ace trainer

nahhh how can you say that man , i bet we will see her again :)

14. Sorren&Rocko

Sorren&Rocko Now managed by Rocko

First time I saw Cameron. He's like another brother to us. LOL

15. SneaselNinja

SneaselNinja New Member

That episode was so rushed omg. sad ;-;

Wanted to see more of Marlon~

And when Dawn left D: That was sad. Since she was planning on going to the Wallace Cup, I was hoping for a brief mention of May but I guess not. Maybe one day the creators will decide to get rid of that one previous region visitor thing they have going on .-.

16. J Ken

J Ken RAVE

I noticed Trip went through more development in this episode then Ash has done in the entire BW series.

17. Caseydia

Caseydia Ace Trainer

Me too. I wished this was done in the first don thing with Ash instead of Iris and Ash and maybe not losing to Bianca would have made me feel better in the Clubplosion thingy.

18. wobbanut

wobbanut Team Awesome

Too bad that Ash had to lose to Trip, but I guess it was inevitable that Trip really wanted to battle Alden. :p I did like Piplup and Oshawott's reconciliation goodbye, that was cute. :) Georgia's "breaking the mold" comment about Burgundy made me LOL too.

6/10

19. J Ken

J Ken RAVE

I liked how Trip and Serperior were in this episode. Alder's speech to him was good too. Honestly Trip's Alder story was better then Cheren's. Cameron was also good. I wish him and Trip were the center rivals for this season.

20. p96822

p96822 Evolve me please

I say that Trip's Devolvment was rushed and could have been done during the seven gym or something