• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Junior Cup, Site of Partings and Encounters! (754)

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
So what did Alder say to Trip after their battle, & did they really write him off at the end?

Sapphire Kirby

Evaluation time!
And when has this show followed the game logic? After Kanto, never.

They ignored game logic in Kanto, too. Remind me where I can teach my Gastly the power to create fire extinguishers, mongooses, and Venustiose; the one I'm training has a lacking moveset.

Anyways, since Sinnoh they try to keep the 4 move rule the game uses. Cilan's Pansage is the only major break in it that I can think of (Bite or Rock Tomb; pick one, writers!). In the past, Quilava knew Flamewheel, Smokescreen, Swift, and Eruption. I have not seen the episode, but judging by the epiosode pictures Flamewheel, Flamethrower, and Swift were used in battle. If Quilava used Smokescreen in battle, then Eruption has been replaced. I'm starting to wonder if the writers even remember anything from that Dawn special other than Cyndaquil evolving.

Bryon

Moveset Comp Judge
Near as I can tell, guys, Trip did take away something good from losing to Alder. :) Which is what I was hoping he would. It means now that he can become an even better Trainer now that he's starting to see strength isn't everything that determines a Trainer and it's the bonds you make. Besides, Trip has potential, it's just his lack of getting to know his Pokemon and his belief that strength was most important for a Trainer that held him back from getting stronger truly. Sure, he's beaten Ash, but he lacks experience like Ash has, and perhaps losing to Alder will make him feel better about it, since you can learn more from losing than winning.

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
Well it used four moves this episode and Eruption wasn't one of them so.....

That's stupid. I guess because Flamethrower on a fire type is "required."
Some people say that they are tired of Attract and Hyper Beam. I'm more tired of Flamethrower.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Did Morrisson get confused about stuff too? Wasn't he just hyper active... can't remember anymore.

He's the same type of character, if you see the preview to the next episode Ash is helping the new rival from falling off a cliff, its the same thing Ash/Morrisson did in those last Hoenn episodes.

Janovy

Banned
He's the same type of character, if you see the preview to the next episode Ash is helping the new rival from falling off a cliff, its the same thing Ash/Morrisson did in those last Hoenn episodes.
Except Morrisson is not as dumb and brainscatter as Kotetsu.

Joltik-Kid

Careful? Where's the fun in that?
Well it used four moves this episode and Eruption wasn't one of them so.....
Flame Wheel, Flamethrower, and Swift was all I remember seeing... did it use Smokescreen?

Edit: It's official... All cast member's with Fire types are doomed to have Flamethrower as one of it's known moves. Seriously writers, what the f**k is so great about the move? It's far from original at this point

Last edited:
Flame Wheel, Flamethrower, and Swift was all I remember seeing... did it use Smokescreen?

Edit: It's official... All cast member's with Fire types are doomed to have Flamethrower as one of it's known moves. Seriously writers, what the f**k is so great about the move? It's far from original at this point

Chill, it's just a mova.

Morrison was Ash's clone in terms of personality. Kotetsu is more like Kanto Ash than current Ash. Plus Morrison wasn't funny.

Really writers?? You have Quilava learn Eruption, totally copying Ash's......then you erase Eruption for Flamethrower?? Why not have it learn Flamethrower in the first place instead of Eruption -_-!!

I really don't understand the writers sometimes.......

Relax. There is hope we will never see her again so it doesn't really matter.

BlueDragonfangirl

They would do that? (o.o) I'm expecting Ash vs Trip in the League.

Hes already changed though, Ash V.S Trip would proove nothing other than to show Ash gotten better and he can do that with any rival =/

Janovy

Banned