• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Junior Cup, Site of Partings and Encounters! (754)

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan
Finally watched the episode.

Shooti vs Adeku was fun and the aftermath even if I don't know japanese looked like a really cool scene, Alder being nice to him and Serperior, Serperior looked pretty cute when being petted by Adeku.

Holy crap, hahaha Kotetsu is so freaking funny I was just reading comments but now I've seen it, the guy is funny as heck, me being a fan of Jun, he doesn't seem to be like him, besides being energetic, he seems even more, he is like Junx2 in terms of energy, oh and he has Soul Eater VA, great I was thinking I knew the voice and was really enjoying it after some googling found who it was, cool stuff, atleast this time I get a VA I like doing a character I like(unlike Naoshi situation :( ).

Rioulo looked like a fun character too playing around with the energy and dumbness of his trainer but he doesn't seem dumb himself.

Pikachu vs Quilava was fun.

Poor Oshawott and Piplup, seems like at the end Piplup gives him advice or wtv or asks him to take care of Meloetta(maybe it was this).

Kotetsu being fun again :D

Great episode imo.

so how exactly did Trip act to Ash, that scene has me curious.

He smiled at him instead of acting like an *** XD, then Satoshi said they will meet at the league I think and he answered back and both of them smiled, Sushi or someone else could probrably translate it for us pls?

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
I was sad to see Dawn go.
I don't really like Kotetsu.

I like this episode.

-I liked how Alder rubbed Serperior and he liked it, I want to see more Serperior's personality
-It was funny when Serperior gave Trip a look when he said his final words to Alder
-Kotesu's funny, I like him, even though I don't know what he was saying
-What was Cynthia saying when Ash and Dawn were battling? It had to be important, probably about how much they've grown
-The Dawn and Ash battle was good, most battles like these are always stopped
-Oshawott and Piplup, best friends forever
-Well, goodbye Dawn, looks like we'll see Iris next Gen, returning like you did
-Seriously, why would Kotesu think the Unova League is in Johto, I like that kid. :)

Last edited:

Supersonicbro

saw the episode and i think it was pretty good, after all the stuff we had to deal with, like the rushed battles, the super dragonite, and the serperior: killer of fire types, this episode was a good ending to the tournament, trip didn't look seem like a jerk anymore after his talk with alder, burgundy seemed nicer to cilan, and georgia seemed like she told iris to make sure she tames dragonite and gets to be a better dragon master. I like that, rivals that aren't baseless jerks and actually push their rival to do better. the dawn and ash battle was pretty good too, im pretty sure this is the first time someone actually uses a fire attack on pikachus iron tail and what i expected to happen did happen....he got caught on fire. And the oshawott and piplup goodbye was nice, it looked like piplup told oshawott to protect meloetta for him but idk maybe it'll be explained once the sea ruins arc starts. and the new rival seemed alright, i want to see him in action to make an actual judgement.

LizardonX

Banned
I can't believe Trip vs Alder, looks like godperior is gonna be stripped of it's very short lived title. Trip also got a rather fast face heel turn. Now for the issue of how Serp got exhausted from such a quick battle and couldn't even dodge head charge after doing a houdini with fire pledge after dodging many nitro charges. Probably so they can rush kotetsu, the good by battle was pretty meh, although it was funny to see that Piplup still had a rivalry with quilava even after all this time, Cynthia stopping the battle was plot BS. Maybe dawn and the wallace cup could be a running gag and in the next gen the girl becomes a coordinator again and wallace decides to host the cup there. The piplup and oshawott rivalry conclusion was just WTF, they turned from being bitter enemies to best friends in the span of 2 seconds. Darn Kotetsu for ruining a possible pearlship moment where Ash proclaims his never ending love for dawn waves goodbye, shame he missed the plane. The 7 badges + I need to find a new one quick so I'll go with you is so morrison and hopefully he'll go the same way as Morrison did in Hoenn which is to be a warm up for the main Ash vs Trip battle.

Banana Knight Arthur

NEGATIVE MINUS

Shooti vs Adeku was fun and the aftermath even if I don't know japanese looked like a really cool scene, Alder being nice to him and Serperior, Serperior looked pretty cute when being petted by Adeku.

Holy crap, hahaha Kotetsu is so freaking funny I was just reading comments but now I've seen it, the guy is funny as heck, me being a fan of Jun, he doesn't seem to be like him, besides being energetic, he seems even more, he is like Junx2 in terms of energy, oh and he has Soul Eater VA, great I was thinking I knew the voice and was really enjoying it after some googling found who it was, cool stuff, atleast this time I get a VA I like doing a character I like(unlike Naoshi situation :( ).

Rioulo looked like a fun character too playing around with the energy and dumbness of his trainer but he doesn't seem dumb himself.

Poor Oshawott and Piplup, seems like at the end Piplup gives him advice or wtv or asks him to take care of Meloetta(maybe it was this).

Great episode imo.

He smiled at him instead of acting like an *** XD, then Satoshi said they will meet at the league I think and he answered back and both of them smiled, Sushi or someone else could probrably translate it for us pls?

Seems Shooti/Trippp lost his psycho tendencies as quick as he gained them.

Finally he had some proper rival interactions with Ash. Ash said lets battle again at the league and Shooti said "Yup" basically. He didn't ignore/brush-off/or talk down to Ash, so that's a first.

(P.O.K.E.M.O.N)

AshXSerena = Canon
This right here, is the BEST EPISODE IN BEST WISHES SO FAR!!!! omg i teared a little when dawn left, and the older music being played and the older pokemon made it better

10000000/10

dman_dustin

I told you Kotetsu wasn't Barry (personality-wise).

At least watching it, you came to that conclusion as well.

Bisharp

Great episode imo.

The hell? Nando was one of the best Rivals to me. In character, and in everything.

Haunter ゴースト

I liked the final shot of Ash watching the plane, it symbolized a nice goodbye in my opinion. It also stood out from the other departures of female companions returning since only Ash was shown watching. When Misty and May left the entire gang was shown watching.

[img139]http://serebii.net/anime/pictures/houen/321/0331.JPG[/img139] [img139]http://serebii.net/anime/pictures/shinou/547/DP379.jpg[/img139] [img139]http://serebii.net/anime/pictures/bestwishes/754/DP330.jpg[/img139]

I liked the final shot of Ash watching the plane, it symbolized a nice goodbye in my opinion. It also stood out from the other departures of female companions returning since only Ash was shown watching. When Misty and May left the entire gang was shown watching.

[img139]http://serebii.net/anime/pictures/houen/321/0331.JPG[/img139] [img139]http://serebii.net/anime/pictures/shinou/547/DP379.jpg[/img139] [img139]http://serebii.net/anime/pictures/bestwishes/754/DP330.jpg[/img139]

Probably because Brock also traveled with Misty and May, so a group shot was more required. In Dawn's case here, only Ash traveled with her before.

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
Probably because Brock also traveled with Misty and May, so a group shot was more required. In Dawn's case here, only Ash traveled with her before.

This. ^

Not just that but Iris brought out an annoying side in Dawn and Dawn thought Cilan was a nuisance and then got slapped by him.

I still don't even know what was the point of having Piplup take over the final DP episode and throwing a temper tantrum of never seeing Pikachu again. They barely interacted here and then cries about not seeing Oshawott again. That "rivalry" felt so forced.

This. ^

Not just that but Iris brought out an annoying side in Dawn and Dawn thought Cilan was a nuisance and then got slapped by him.

I still don't even know what was the point of having Piplup take over the final DP episode and throwing a temper tantrum of never seeing Pikachu again. They barely interacted here and then cries about not seeing Oshawott again. That "rivalry" felt so forced.

I think it wasn't supposed to be taken seriously, like those petty fights kids have over something. Oshawott and Piplup were pretty much fighting ove a girl, like in most anime where two people fight for no reason only for for laughs. They were friends and had some respect for one or we spend countless episodes of them trying to one up one another.

With the departure in the end of DP, Piplup didn't want his friends to go, but like Dawn told him, he.needs to be a big boy and understand that friends must depart, like the tears he shed here.

Basically nothing happens. Trip gets completely humiliated once again, and we get another annoying recurring character who is going to be terrible. Kotetsu's only redeeming factor is his Samurott. -_-

I have no idea why Pikachu didn't beat Quilava. Dawn's never going to be seen again, so there's nothing that should stop Pikachu from at least getting a decent victory.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Basically nothing happens. Trip gets completely humiliated once again, and we get another annoying recurring character who is going to be terrible. Kotetsu's only redeeming factor is his Samurott. -_-

I have no idea why Pikachu didn't beat Quilava. Dawn's never going to be seen again, so there's nothing that should stop Pikachu from at least getting a decent victory.

How dare you ignore the greatness/cuteness that is Riolu?

Actually, that Riolu is kind of acting like some sort of Chatot.

Last edited:
Riolu's okay, but it's just Kotetsu in a pokemon's body.

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan
I told you Kotetsu wasn't Barry (personality-wise).

At least watching it, you came to that conclusion as well.

I wasn't watching the episode since I was at work, people said he had some stuff from Jun.

I liked him even more then Jun so no worries here.

The hell? Nando was one of the best Rivals to me. In character, and in everything.

No, he was awful, boring, cliché and a crappy character all around.

He is that character that they put in the anime so people are like "oh look at him so angelic and harmonic", he was awful, he was probably the only "rival" I didn't like in the anime, he just bored me to death, sure I had some others rivals I didn't enjoy that much like Kengo but Naoshi was like "oh shiets its him(with my favourite VA voice)"... that is off-topic anywa.

I did enjoy his battles with Satoshi and in the GF but they could have just replaced him with random rival number 4 and have the same result.

Riolu's okay, but it's just Kotetsu in a pokemon's body.

Meh he seemed smarter than his trainer actually and "fixing" his dumb stuff, he did have that mimicing gimmick which was fun to me atleast.

I'm not much of a fan of characters having pokemons that are like clones of the trainer, Pikachu is kinda like that with Satoshi, Pansage with Dent but like in this two situations I mentioned I don't mind it that much if its not with every characters.

Plus like I said its better then "oh shiet I'm a holy pokemon or something bewcause I'm rare so I have to behave like I'm superior to everyone else" kinda of Rioulo/Lucario.

They didn't do that with Zorua and I'm glad they didn't do that this Rioulo.

Last edited: