• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Junior Cup, Site of Partings and Encounters! (754)

Blue Saturday

Unfurl your Blessed Wings!
It was a pretty average episode, but it got the job done in some aspects.

-Shooti, I'm glad he finally got his battle with Adeku that he has been wanting for sometime now. Shooti seems to have developed as a character and that's a good thing, though the development felt kinda quick. I mean he already is friendly with Satoshi? That seemed weird, all because of Adeku's words with him no less. It just seemed too quickly done, imo, and should have been more gradual. Subtle-gradual character development is one of the best kinds of character development in my opinion. Some development is better than no development though, so that's something to be glad for. I liked his emotion during the battle as well as how he hung his head in embarrassment when Adeku mispronounced his name. The battle itself wasn't amazing, but Buffron really was a beast what with sponging all of Jalorda's attacks like that and retaliating with a one-hitter quitter Afro Break.

-Adeku Keychains, that is all. I really liked that participation prize. That's a piece of Pokemerch I would buy for sure if it existed in real life, those little trinkets were epic.

-The departures of Langley, Cabernet, and Shooti were quick as always, but it was nice to see Langley is still pushing Iris to become a Dragon Master and get Kairyu under control. Cabernet's sassy goodbye was pretty cute and Shooti's goodbye to Satoshi seemed a bit sudden with how he acted, but sufficed.

-Hikari and Satoshi's battle was great, a nice friendly contest of agility and quickness, since Pikachu and Magmarashi are similar in that regard. I guess Eruption was erased from Magmarashi's memory banks in favor of Flamethrower, I don't mind, it differentiates her's from Satoshi's. That Flame Wheel was animated nicely and I liked how Satoshi used Thunderbolt to clear away Smokescreen. Iron Tail not slicing through Flamethrower and overpowering Pikachu was nice, made more sense than it did back during DP's first gym and Tsutarja's Leaf Blade against Baokkie. The battle was getting good up until the Shirona commentary, it sucks it had to end in a tie because I would have liked a definite winner and I liked how Satoshi didn't rely on Elecball much at all. I don't mind and don't care that Pikachu didn't squash Magmarashi with ease. I look at it from another view, sure Pikachu has more experience as a Pokemon, but those two have similar battling styles and moves and Magmarashi is no slouch either and is evolved and a second-stager like Pikachu too. Plus it doesn't work that way with athletes, you can be stronger than someone in the beginning, but it's surprisingly not that hard to catch up, especially when said person doesn't train or battle as much as they did before.(As Pikachu did in DP) Strength and speed is never going to stick permanently to an athlete, you have to work-out regularly to maintain what you've gained thus far. Pikachu's moveset also is downgraded a bit without Volt Tackle. I liked the music that played during the battle.

-Hikari's goodbye was done good enough. Her farewell and along with Mijumaru's and Pochama's goodbyes were cute and I liked how they played the Route 201(?) music during her departure and Meleotta's singing enhanced the goodbye scene's emotion.

-Kotetsu, this kid is the new rival we've been speculating about since those days in May? :p Kotetsu, for the most part, is pretty okay with me. He hasn't done much and we've only seen his comedic side. Depending on how he's handled and his interactions and parts in the show are I think I might like him more than Jun. Jun was comedic, sure, but was made out to be a complete joke overall and never really went anywhere and I was still waiting for a sort of plot-line with his being a Shinji fanboy and action usually beats comedy in my book. I mean Jun only was ever able to beat Satoshi's newly caught, tired Fukamaru with his Emparte. Kotetsu might be comedic, but he seems like a character that might actually mean something. I also liked his Riolu, it was adorable. Next episode it looks like he gives it a good battle against Shizui, I hope his Riolu battles, but doesn't evolve.

thekorean

The guy won all that badges with Riolu? Huh.

And also, BOOOOOO no other alder pokemon. c'mon can we at least get Accelgor if not volcarona?

Now we have so many rivals...I wonder what the writers wan't to do with these many. I understand now why the name Rival Destinies for the dub version is apt. If they pull it out nicely, the combination of rivals will be pretty fun making more interesting episodes.

Kotetsu is good. He's a combination of Morrison and Barry in a good way. Although he appears to be dumb, people like him mostly turn out to be pretty good at battles. The next episode shall definitely show us Kotetsu's prowess and perhaps he might be that worthy rival who could defeat Ash.

Dawn absolutely did nothing in her return, the writers should have handled her better, but ah, her presence it self was enough for me...

Trip imagined himself to beat Alder, but when he realized the reality, he wanted to know why he was weak, he is turning into a positive character. (Although the transformation should have been more subtle and all...but oh well thats how they handled Paul too)

And to people who thought Kotetsu mentioned Orre.....learn your japanese people, I am pretty sure you have been watching the japanese version (some of you at least) and you should know by now that 'ore' means 'me'. If the ore was meant to be the region it would have been called 'Ore-chiho' BTW I am not japanese, I leanred all of this just by watching Pokemon.

Bisharp

I wasn't watching the episode since I was at work, people said he had some stuff from Jun.

I liked him even more then Jun so no worries here.

No, he was awful, boring, cliché and a crappy character all around.

He is that character that they put in the anime so people are like "oh look at him so angelic and harmonic", he was awful, he was probably the only "rival" I didn't like in the anime, he just bored me to death, sure I had some others rivals I didn't enjoy that much like Kengo but Naoshi was like "oh shiets its him(with my favourite VA voice)"... that is off-topic anywa.

I did enjoy his battles with Satoshi and in the GF but they could have just replaced him with random rival number 4 and have the same result.

I won't agree to this at all. Nando was unique, had his own character and participated in both Contests and Gym Battles. He was one of the most mysterious and interesting DP Characters (besides Tobias) and it would be awesome if we ever would get a cameo of him in the future (Anything is possible). Random Rival wouldn't be "angelic and harmonic" like you said, and wouldn't have a Mew/Double Mew Harp. Especially considering that Mew is my Favorite Pokemon, this was one of the things that made him really UNIQUE to me.

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
The guy won all that badges with Riolu? Huh.

And also, BOOOOOO no other alder pokemon. c'mon can we at least get Accelgor if not volcarona?

I'm pretty sure his Samurott did.

But if he did it with just two, here we have yet another Bianca character who rushed through Gyms with a few Pokemon.

Where'd you guys get this?

I doubt he only has three pokemon so close to the league.

He likely has a full team by now.

Caseydia

Ace Trainer
I liked this episode but too many things happened too quick. I wanted to see Trip's and Alder's battle alittle longer than that. I also wanted the other rivals in the Cup to have had more time than a few seconds to say goodbye. But I'm happy Dawn is gone now. Piplup was really getting in my skin.

LizardonX

Banned
I liked this episode but too many things happened too quick. I wanted to see Trip's and Alder's battle alittle longer than that. I also wanted the other rivals in the Cup to have had more time than a few seconds to say goodbye. But I'm happy Dawn is gone now. Piplup was really getting in my skin.

How.

Piplup was barely there.

You're joking right? Piplup was tormenting Oshawott for the past 9 episodes.

thekorean

Where'd you guys get this?

I doubt he only has three pokemon so close to the league.

He likely has a full team by now.

He seems to be closest to his Riolu though, kinda implying to me at least that it is his oldest Pokemon.

Which if true would make no sense that it isnt Lucario yet.

WaterShuriken

He seems to be closest to his Riolu though, kinda implying to me at least that it is his oldest Pokemon.

Which if true would make no sense that it isnt Lucario yet.

Ash's Pikachu, Dawn's Piplup, Brock's Croagunk..

If anything this is like Paul.

Starter: Torterra | Samurott
Secondary: Elekid | Riolu

WaterShuriken

Or Tyson as well who was also a League Rival. His Sceptile was probably his starter but Meowth was his main Pokemon.

Or Morrison whose starter was probably Swampert but his main partner was Beldum.

Woo we're on a roll guys.

Gary : Blastoise | Eevee>Umbreon (?)
Harrison : Blaziken | Houndoom (?)
Morrison : Swampert | Beldum>Metang
Tyson : Sceptile | Meowth
Paul : Torterra | Elekid>Electabuzz>Electivire
Trip : Serperior | Timburr>Gurdurr>Conkeldurr (?)
Bianca : Emboar | Minccino (?)
Kotetsu : Samurott | Riolu

Faker500

Trolls aren't funny!
Sorry I'm late to the party but i've been on vacation for a while.

I just saw this episode aand the ones before and I must say that they really put alot of effort into Trip development this time. I just wished they didn't do Iris's along with Dawn barely getting any. But I am glad that she and Ash had a battle before she left. Now maybe people can leave it alone for now.

This new kid however is a real joke. There is already Bianca, I was expecting someone who is funny but not almost losing his mind. However, I like his Pokemon though. I get now what the writers are doing. They are giving Ash's rivals starter evolutions since he probably won't get them anytime soon.. But what they could have done was gave Stephan a Samurott that way they didn't have to go through all of the wait. I smell a league rival here.

Last edited:

thekorean

Ash's Pikachu, Dawn's Piplup, Brock's Croagunk..

If anything this is like Paul.

Starter: Torterra | Samurott
Secondary: Elekid | Riolu
Pikachu needs thunderstone to evolve, Piplup has Everstone, and Croagunk hasnt been around Brock long enough.

Everlasting

Everything stays.
By the way, I like the episode, but I've not a lot of details only by the episode guide pictures...

Last edited by a moderator:

Bulba the Great!

We Do Not Sow
I think it's amusing Ash BARELY got to know this guy, yet he's comfortable enough requesting to travel with him to a strange gym. After five minutes tops of ever knowing him.