• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Junior Cup, Site of Partings and Encounters! (754)

mgbenz

For people who keep wondering why some characters say Orre all the time. It's an informal way of saying "I" in Japanese. "Watashi" being the common formal equivalent. It's considered to be a masculine word so it's often used by men.

In some context it can be used in a rude way usually when someone is trying to show off his higher status.

"Ore-sama champion da!" means "I am the champion!"

Caseydia

Ace Trainer
-Shooti, I'm glad he finally got his battle with Adeku that he has been wanting for sometime now. Shooti seems to have developed as a character and that's a good thing, though the development felt kinda quick. I mean he already is friendly with Satoshi? That seemed weird, all because of Adeku's words with him no less. It just seemed too quickly done, imo, and should have been more gradual.

I agree somewhat but since people hated Trip so bad I think him being nice to Ash will knock some sense into people for Trip as a character and not just a rival who wants to go only after Ash. Like, I said before, Trip was never mean, he was just crucial with his training methods and didn't like how Ash did things by being rash. Which is understandable since Iris does almost the same thing.

Last edited:

LizardonX

Banned
I think it's amusing Ash BARELY got to know this guy, yet he's comfortable enough requesting to travel with him to a strange gym. After five minutes tops of ever knowing him.

Ash is just that friendly. You should have seen how many times this happened in johto.

I agree somewhat but since people hated Trip so bad I think him being nice to Ash will knock some sense into people for Trip as a character and not just a rival who wants to go only after Ash. Like, I said before, trip was never mean, he was just crucial with his training methods and didn't like how Ash did things by being rash. Which is understandable since Iris does almost the same thing.

I think trip just researched EV training on the internet before starting out and he SRed for a max IV snivy before battling Ash :p

Blessed

An average episode, the new rival reminds me a lot of Barry. The Ash vs Dawn battle was so stupid I can't believe it was a tie again. I don't understand why they have made all the matches Dawn has had with Ash & Cilan end up in a tie, so dumb. It was sad to see Dawn leave she made this BW2 so much more enjoyable to watch.

An average episode, the new rival reminds me a lot of Barry. The Ash vs Dawn battle was so stupid I can't believe it was a tie again. I don't understand why they have made all the matches Dawn has had with Ash & Cilan end up in a tie, so dumb. It was sad to see Dawn leave she made this BW2 so much more enjoyable to watch.

People would whine for two things

1. Ash losing again after losing to Trip

2. Cilan losing to Dawn and it would look like favoritism

So a tie shows she is in the same league with Ash/Cilan.

Caseydia

Ace Trainer

I agree. I would have rather a complete resolve. I get Dawn being a main figure head on the show but the fact of the matter is that Ash is supposed to be more experienced than her.

LizardonX

Banned
Now come to think of it there was a reason why I enjoyed the junior world tourney arc more than all of BW1. Dawn and piplup.

matt0044

So... what will Kotetsu's dub name be? I can't wait to see the overreactions.

MidnightMelody

Hopeful for Gen 8
This kid. This kid right here makes Ash look like a genius!

Wait so Ash is still 10 yet Dawn mentioned it has been a year since the last Wallace Cup....The writers need to get better with this stuff lol Either time passes or it does not

Last edited:

Rowdy

Anyone catch Cilan's goodbye to Dawn as her plane departs? He said "Best wishes", a nice nod to the Japanese show title I think.

MidnightMelody

Hopeful for Gen 8
Anyone catch Cilan's goodbye to Dawn as her plane departs? He said "Best wishes", a nice nod to the Japanese show title I think.

They said it earlier in the episode too. Actually they say it quite a lot which bugs me. Should of called it Best wishes and not Black and White

Vernikova

Champion
Dawn's gone? Now I have no more reason to watch Unova episodes. Oh well. The new guy looks more interesting than the one that lost to the Champion I suppose.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Cameron's voice really fits his attitude, and I actually find his Riolu adorable.

Hopefully, whatever happens in the episodes showing him will make him less insufferable to watch, especially the rather disastrous match against Ash in the league that has yet to end...

Cameron's voice really fits his attitude, and I actually find his Riolu adorable.

Hopefully, whatever happens in the episodes showing him will make him less insufferable to watch, especially the rather disastrous match against Ash in the league that has yet to end...

Yeah, he was actually tolerable in this episode and like you said, his voice fits him really well. I enjoyed this episode from start to finish. My only problem with it was that I wish Dawn and Ash's battle was longer and I wish Cynthia let it finish.

LizardonX

Banned
Dawn's gone? Now I have no more reason to watch Unova episodes. Oh well. The new guy looks more interesting than the one that lost to the Champion I suppose.

To be fair some of the episodes following her departure were so bad nothing could have saved them

But yes good bye Dawn ;_;

the1stpkmnfan

Your Big Buff Bro
I'll be sad to see Dawn leave; but I wish her luck for the Wallace Cup! She better win.

I actually found Trip tolerable in this episode; he's not too arrogant anymore, but it's a little too late at this time to make up for his overall character. Hope he keeps this up in the Unova League.

So Kotestu is named Cameron. Works for me, and his voice is great. He's too hilarious though. xD He almost had me taking him seriously for a minute at the end; saying the Unova League would be in Johto. Wow he's so... out there. xD

I can't wait for his battle with Marlon next episode. The start of 2013 Pokemon!