• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Junior Cup, Site of Partings and Encounters! (754)

J Ken

RAVE
I say that Trip's Devolvment was rushed and could have been done during the seven gym or something

True but this season was known for barely trying with anyone. They rushed and when the league came they knew that they needed to make Trip look like a threat so they put together the Junior Cup and rushed through it.

p96822

Evolve me please
Really to me it was bull that they were doing this to Trip. He shouldn't have beaten all those fire type without making them don't puting up a fight. There showing a Pokemon that is powerful and then theres crappy writting. Trip is one of the most crappest written charaters in this show and he doesn't even fit in the series right. I have now noticed that Pokemon Best Wishes was supposes a fun series then a serious one and most of the other rival have more things that made them good. If Trip had a light personallity then a stupif story that was Cheren's then he would have been okay, but no.

p96822

Evolve me please
Really Ash doesn't need devolvment in this series because he taking a back seat in this series and letting other charaters devolvop then him.

p96822

Evolve me please
Really to me when Ash traviled to region to region in each season he gotten stronger. And in this season he didn't went to Unova right alway and fogot all that stuff

p96822

Evolve me please
Really I can't see the different beteween Gary and Trip. Mostly because they were both horribly written in their own series. For Gary is boasting him up as this great trainer and over shadow of Ash, but we don't see him battle that much then seeing him losing twice in the series where he didn't beat anyone at all in the entire series. while Trip only beaten Ash three time and not see any of his other Pokemon win a single battle beside his starter.

NPT

Just a member
Alder and Trip's battle was short .... but awsome. I loved it when Alder took down Trip's Serperior with a One Hit KO.
Later, Georgia said goodbye to Iris and Burgundy said goodbye to Cilan. ( Sigh, I didn't know that I'm gonna miss them so much after this episode. )
After saying goodbye to their rivals, the group was about to leave the place, but a boy named Cameron came and shook their hands. Cameron told them that he wants to participate in Junior Cup tournament .... but after knowing that the Junior Cup is over, he ran off.
Back in Cynthia's villa, Dawn says she have to leave for Participating in another Wallence Cup in Johto, But then Ash asks her for a Battle.
The battle was going great, but sadly Cynthia stopped the battle at a tie.
Later everybody said goodbye to Dawn and Piplup, but before they could leave .... Oshawott comes out of it's Pokeball and hugs Piplup. After Dawn left, Cameron came and said he was late for the plane to Johto, so he couldn't participate in Pokemon League. Cameron's reaction was hilariouse after Ash told him that he needs 8 badges to enter the Pokemon League. Overall this was nice episode, I enjoyed watching it.

Last edited:

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
This was one of the better BW episodes in my opinion, but I suppose that I mostly feel that way because the Junior World Tournament thing finally concluded here. I personally didn't enjoy Alder and Trip's battle merely because I knew that Trip would lose; I mean he was fighting a Champion so it would've been impossible to see him win. At least he was humble even after the loss. I didn't much like meeting Cameron after the tournament since he irked me the moment I saw his personality, but Ash and Dawn's battle made up for that. I just loved how they battled each other right before Dawn's departure. It was bittersweet and Quilava did better than expected. Oshawott's farewell with Piplup was so redundant though; I wish they hadn't made up like that. I thought they were better off as rivals.

So, this is (the (in)famous) Cameron I've heard about.
This episode must be one I missed the first time I watched this particular story arc, because this has to be the first time I've seen this guy.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
Wow Alder's Bouffalant made quick work out of Trip's Serperior. I guess I knew Trip would lose, tho I didn't think he'd lose so fast. I liked seeing Cameron and Riolu appear and I was sad when Dawn left in the end.

Leonhart

Imagineer
I didn't even bat an eye when Adeku's Buffron defeated Shooti's Jalorda, because even as good as Shooti was as a trainer, there was no conceivable way he'd win against Isshu's Champion. Hikari versus Satoshi was fun, though. I would've liked if Hikari had used Pochama instead of Magmarashi, but I digress.

Wednesdayz

Meowth fanatic
God, it was disappointing that they brought Dawn back only to relegate her to 4th companion position and not even have her win the Junior Cup or at least come in 2nd, before she leaves for Johto to compete in the Wallace Cup.

Alloutℯ

Banned
I really wish Trip got more episodes and scenes like this, where we see him stop being smug and acting, for lack of a better term, his real self. He might not have been the best rival, but now I like him as a character.

KyogreThunder

Call of Fate
Serperior defeating Pignite with a Grass-type attack looked cheap, but at least Bouffalant took it out in one hit. I liked seeing the latter's ability activated. Alder's speech to Trip was inspiring, and I liked the Dawn vs Ash battle. Quilava looked pretty powerful against Pikachu.
7/10