• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Junior Cup, Site of Partings and Encounters! (754)

Leonhart

Imagineer
Frankly, since Adeku winning against Shooti ended up being so predictable, I wonder why we even got that match-up. It was a short skirmish, yet it seemed vastly unnecessary.

Cameron is funny even if he's super dumb too. I found it hard to believe that Trip's Serperior couldn't dodge one Head Charge from Bouffalant though after all that dodging in the last episode, but Alder's speech about how mutual trust is more important than winning or losing was nice, even though Trip changed his attitude a bit too quickly.

ash&charizardfan

Humans are tools
Well i like this episode, but one thing always bugged me dawn's depature was handled poorly, she was rushed out just to make way for cameron's stupidity moment. Should have been a farewell with a high five with ash.

PIPLUP AND OSHAWOTT HUGGING MY HEART!!!!!!!!!!!!! :(
I miss you Dawn!
And idiot Cameron comes in and ruins the moment. Guy is the dumbest character ever. UGH.
Now I see why Ash's League loss was bad...

RafaSceptile

I don't have a problem with Cameron "dumbest character", I have a problem with how his battle with Ash was. Oh well, in the end it was a decent episode, and yes, I miss Dawn too.

Dynamic_Fusion

HIKARI HYPE
Swapping "Partings and Encounters" with "Horrors" and "Bad Writing" would have been a much more fitting title. This Junior Cup was probably the worst written arc in the history of the Pokemon Anime. Dawn barely interacted with Ash and felt like she had lost any respect she had to him from DP. Iris and that useless Dragonite were shilled unnecessarily. Trip's sudden mode of change was weird and what's the point in him winning this tournament if Ash is anyway going to beat him in the first round of the Unova League? The Writers somehow managed to turn Cynthia into an annoying Character and god, oh god BW, you have ****ing Cameron who thought the Unova League would be in Johto (and that you needed 7 Badges) and this moron bet Ash at the league. The only good that came from this arc was Krookodile.

Also Fun Fact: Cameron's Seiyuu is Koki Uchiyama, the same guy who voices Tomura Shigaraki in MHA. Hard to Believe.

Last edited:

RafaSceptile

Reviewing the Pokémon anime in 10 words or less:
"Dawn leaving and Cameron joining is not a fair trade"

Episode: 5/10

Sham

The Guardian of Ruin and Birth
Ngl Alder had his moment here. The Trip battle was okay but I'm glad Alder put him in his place. Once again he's using the same Pokemon but I suppose it makes sense and it was shock learning it's ability was Sap Sipper and that Grass moves would do nothing against it.

Absolute chills when Alder said "Wow what a great Pokemon, a normal trainer would've lost immediately to that move but I'm the Unova Champion!" and then proceeds to one shot him. Alder actually has the intimidation of a Champion here and we get to see him being very serious in battle. He actually reminds me of Leon here. I also seen the wink they did with Iris and Axew looking scared and saying "it must be scary battling him".

Other than that, sad to see Dawn go but at least she got one good battle and used a strategy that really should've stayed which was using a move to cancel out another move that's super effective against it. She used Quiliava's Flamethrower to stop Iron Tail. It's funny how she gets the best goodbyes and this one rivals the one in DP especially with Meloetta singing as she's off.

Last edited:

Sham

The Guardian of Ruin and Birth
I just noticed if Iris would've won this thing we could've seen Iris vs Alder in real time. That Uselessnite plot was just a hack to give us the real juice we were waiting for. Ugh he ruins everything