• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Kalos Dex Thread v2 [READ FIRST POST]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Austratus

a paper man
While I'm somewhat disappointed that there's only been about 70 new monsters this generation, most of them look really darn good IMO.

Rakurai

I'm hoping they'll compensate for it further in the future gen 6 games by adding more Mega Evolutions, preferably for fifth gen Pokemon.

Douchemon

Scientist
I am counting on atleast 30 more pokes in the form of Megas or Legends

Vintrial

Whouffle.
Is it just me that is starting to think that Talonflame is awfull ?

rocky505

Is it just me that is starting to think that Talonflame is awfull ?

Yes. Talonflame is amazing and better than most of the bird's we've gotten in the past. I'd put it on par with Staraptor.

Vintrial

Whouffle.
Yes. Talonflame is amazing and better than most of the bird's we've gotten in the past. I'd put it on par with Staraptor.

The problem is that Staraptor has much better coverage than TalonFlame, plus isn't hit by ghost types and has a lot more Attack :x

PS: Anything is better than Pidgeot.

magentaman

The problem is that Staraptor has much better coverage than TalonFlame, plus isn't hit by ghost types and has a lot more Attack :x

Priority acrobatics and Brave bird is pretty awesome though.

rocky505

Access to Sword's Dance, Bulk Up and priority flying moves like Brave Bird, Acrobatics and Roost says I don't need coverage.

ShadowKreach

/has known this for the past couple weeks
/Is actually more based off of a dragon slug (actual animal) as Goomy lacks a shell while this French one has a shell

To be honest, I really don't see any resemblance between the Goomy line and Dragon Slugs, apart from the name. I think the Lou Carcolh is much more likely to be the main idea behind the designs.
Also, both Sliggoo and Goodra seem to have body parts that resemble shells. It's a lot more prominent when looking at Sliggoo, but I just consider Goodra's curled tail to be a representation of a shell.

fitzy909

Just another guy
Access to Sword's Dance, Bulk Up and priority flying moves like Brave Bird, Acrobatics and Roost says I don't need coverage.

i disagree. i think that staraptor is better mainly due to coverage. it may have lower speed, but it's attack is way higher so that balances it out.

Bluebird55

Mr. Blue Skyyyy
Talonflame is quite vulnerable due to its Fire type, wouldn't it be better if there was a Rock/Flying pokemon?

Endolise

TengenToppaBoogaloo
Last edited:

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
wait, people seriously think that a Pokemon with 130 base Speed capable of launching 120 bp moves off a decent Attack stat that can be boosted by Swords Dance as well as pull priority off of one of said 120 bp moves, allowing it to force out things like certain Megas and Aegislash is bad

remind me again why that is

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
wait, people seriously think that a Pokemon with 130 base Speed capable of launching 120 bp moves off a decent Attack stat that can be boosted by Swords Dance as well as pull priority off of one of said 120 bp moves, allowing it to force out things like certain Megas and Aegislash is bad

Competitively Talonflame is amazing, but in-game it slightly lacks coverage, and definately lacks power and bulk, not to mention Gale Wings is unavailable before E4 until you trade it in. It's primary ability is perfect for early breeding though and it does get access to Roost early and Steel Wing to avoid "rocks fall, everyone dies" syndrome.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
Does anyone know if Power-Up Punch is effected by Iron Fist?

Eievui-Nymphia

XY, gen of dreams.

First, you don't have Gale Wings. Second, he has diee stab problem until Dendemille. During a lot of the game tou had to use Ember on Steel types until he early 40s.

Pidgeot's level up movepool is terrible, but he has STAB Return early.

In-game, Gale Wings doesn't make a lot when you have 126 Speed. Competitevily priority is so strong even with that speed. In other words, if Togekiss has Gale Wings, it's insta-uber.

XXD17

Draco rex
First, you don't have Gale Wings. Second, he has diee stab problem until Dendemille. During a lot of the game tou had to use Ember on Steel types until he early 40s.

Pidgeot's level up movepool is terrible, but he has STAB Return early.

In-game, Gale Wings doesn't make a lot when you have 126 Speed. Competitevily priority is so strong even with that speed. In other words, if Togekiss has Gale Wings, it's insta-uber.

Not really...togekiss relies a lot on serene grace to make it flinching possible, if it get gale wings, para flinching would be a lot harder to do...and it's special attack isn't THAT high either...the reason talonflame is so strong is because it has great attack and can abuse brave bird with gale wings...but it gets completely blocked by rock types...

R_N

Not really...togekiss relies a lot on serene grace to make it flinching possible, if it get gale wings, para flinching would be a lot harder to do...and it's special attack isn't THAT high either...the reason talonflame is so strong is because it has great attack and can abuse brave bird with gale wings...but it gets completely blocked by rock types...

Talonflame's Base Attack: 81
Togekiss's Base Special Attack: 120

Status
Not open for further replies.