• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Kalos Dex Thread v2 [READ FIRST POST]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Citizen Insane

Eh, life is a game.
I agree that it's quite an extraordinary reason to come up with less Pokémon, however I can't imagine how hard it is to come up with a cool Pokémon name that fits.

Shraeder

It's Lit
I am so confused. Don't want to seem paranoid but really it seems I am. Serebii says Tyranitar is in Y, and Aggron is in X. Pokebeach says the opposite, now I'm hearing people saying serebii is right, but the Tyranitar stone is only found in X, and Aggron's is Y to warrant trading between games.

I think Pokebeach is right actually since Mega Tyranitar has Mega Mewtwo X on its side while Mega Aggron has Mega Mewtwo Y on its side. If so, that is great news for me since I like Tyranitar a lot more than Aggron.

Wizardly Oz

Scholar of Insects
It is probably my favorite fully evolved Pokemon this gen. My favorite is actually Honedge so I might not evolve it up to Aegislash.

No, I definitely will. That form change thing is too good to pass up, even as a non-competitive battler.
Agreed; there is never a dull moment with Aegislash.

I like Honedge a lot, too. I will certainly savor it and Duoblade before using the evolutionary stone.

Guywhoiam

Dr. Researcher Man
Agreed; there is never a dull moment with Aegislash.

I like Honedge a lot, too. I will certainly savor it and Duoblade before using the evolutionary stone.

Ah! I see what you did there!

I personally like the design of Honedge over its evolutions. Reminds me a lot of Rubilax from Wakfu.

I also can't believe that 15 of the new Pokemon were all Espurr.

Rakurai

Are Sawk and Throh really version exclusive?

I recall someone saying they simply had a higher encounter rate in one version then the other.

Wizardly Oz

Scholar of Insects
Ah! I see what you did there!

I personally like the design of Honedge over its evolutions. Reminds me a lot of Rubilax from Wakfu.

I also can't believe that 15 of the new Pokemon were all Espurr.
Honedge provides far too many opportunities to sharpen's one humor. The sword is so punny, it hurts.
The evolution of its design and concept is just brilliant. A singular sword splits into two, and they merge once more into something akin to The Master Sword, utterly complete in its perfection. It's so beautful I could weep.

Hm, I had not previously known of this Rubilax; reminds me of a Honedge-Aegislash fusion child. hehe, the eye is so cute.

I am so confused. Don't want to seem paranoid but really it seems I am. Serebii says Tyranitar is in Y, and Aggron is in X. Pokebeach says the opposite, now I'm hearing people saying serebii is right, but the Tyranitar stone is only found in X, and Aggron's is Y to warrant trading between games.

mega stone for tyranitar is in X, but larvitar can only be caught in Y. same with aggrons mega stone in Y, and aron being exclusive to X

Guywhoiam

Dr. Researcher Man
Honedge provides far too many opportunities to sharpen's one humor. The sword is so punny, it hurts.
The evolution of its design and concept is just brilliant. A singular sword splits into two, and they merge once more into something akin to The Master Sword, utterly complete in its perfection. It's so beautful I could weep.

Hm, I had not previously known of this Rubilax; reminds me of a Honedge-Aegislash fusion child. hehe, the eye is so cute.

Needless to say, I'm naming mine Rubilax. I am truly ecstatic that one of my favorite characters in anything has a Pokemon that shares the concept. Makes it even better that I love the look of the Pokemon, too.

I'll also leave this here in case anyone wonders who this Rubilax I am talking about is. Or at least what he looks like.

EDIT: And before anyone starts getting all uppity think that I am implying that Gamefreak stole this idea- just stop. I am not saying that at all. I am just noting similarities in concept and design of two things that I like very much. Don't be an idiot.

Last edited:

Rakurai

People really need to learn to search threads for the information they want.

In any case, Heliolisk looks like it has the movepool of a Normal type, since it can learn both Surf and Bulldoze on top of the already known Rock Slide, the former making it even more effective in rain and also making it one of the few Electric types who can actually fight back against Ground types without Hidden Power.

thetamale

From what I've heard, they should be in the route east of Santalune City, before the Pokemon League gate or whatever.

Took an hour to find a male. Definitely not a 50/50 gender ratio there and then it took 5 great balls. Litleo didn't want to be mine.

DBoyWheeler

Legendary Seeker
Um, is it just me... or does Aromatisse look a little bit like a can-can dancer?

Rakurai

Took an hour to find a male. Definitely not a 50/50 gender ratio there and then it took 5 great balls. Litleo didn't want to be mine.

I wouldn't be surprised if they skewed the gender ratio like that to emulate how male lions aren't seen in as great of a number as the females due to each pride only having a few of them at most.

Last edited:

Underachiever007

People really need to learn to search threads for the information they want.

In any case, Heliolisk looks like it has the movepool of a Normal type, since it can learn both Surf and Bulldoze on top of the already known Rock Slide, the former making it even more effective in rain and also making it one of the few Electric types who can actually fight back against Ground types without Hidden Power.

Am I the only one pleasantly surprised by Heliolisk? I did not expect its stats and movepool to be so impressive.

Taodragon

Training Anaylst
Am I the only one pleasantly surprised by Heliolisk? I did not expect its stats and movepool to be so impressive.

You're not, I thought for sure it'd be more like Luxray in terms of movepool despite my hopes, but it's pretty varied so far. With those moves it has a lot of potential.

Btw, shiny female Meowstic: http://i.imgur.com/P2iaIGD.jpg

BL00p

Has there been a nice compiled picture of flabebe's (and its evolutions) different color forms? Also are there more colors than just the red, yellow, and blue flowers? I read on a forum that it has a white form but I think that is false.

Eeveemaster

Amemoth Fan :D
It seems Heliolisk will give Jolteon a tough competition!

Rakurai

It seems Heliolisk will give Jolteon a tough competition!

Unless Jolteon gets some new moves this gen, I don't think it can even be considered competition at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.