• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Kalos Dex Thread v2 [READ FIRST POST]

Status
Not open for further replies.

RNG_Reporter

Is this the thread where we discuss friend safari? because a thread really is needed.

LLtacx

Does anyone know how i can get a Beldum with Stealth Rock in X and Y? Don't seem to be any Move tutors, and i can't seem to breed it with anything other than a Ditto... :(

Rakurai

A ton of Pokemon simply don't have access to certain moves until Pokemon Bank is available.

I can only hope that whatever Pokemon game is being released in the next few years will have the B/W2 tutors available so we can get those moves and have Pokemon with high stats simultaneously without having to resort to certain methods.

Yami ookami

Does anyone know how i can get a Beldum with Stealth Rock in X and Y? Don't seem to be any Move tutors, and i can't seem to breed it with anything other than a Ditto... :(
Beldum cannot be taught anything. Kinda like Magikarp. You're best bet would be move tutoring as a Metang "if" a tutor even exists for Stealth Rock. But it looks like this is it so far. http://serebii.net/xy/movetutor.shtml

raffuresia

Poison Powder
So I don't know if anyone proposed this theory yet or not, but I think I'm the first one to think of it! (correct me if I'm wrong) But I think the reason that X and Y had little new pokemon in it is because they only released half! (Stay with me here) I think that they are going to release the second half of the new pokemon when the second ground of gen 6 comes out! Because think of this; the new gens are always most looked forward too because they have new pokemon; but when the second installment comes around its not as hyped up because you're just getting a new legendary (or form in BW2s case) and not a whole selection of new poké. So I think that nintendo/gamefreak are being smart about this and releasing the new poké in both games to make them as equally hyped! Many people were disappointed in the fact that only 66 new pokemon were in gen 6 (Me being one of them) so I think that gamefreak/nintendo are trying something different! thank you very much ^-^ ;045;

sheld999

So I don't know if anyone proposed this theory yet or not, but I think I'm the first one to think of it! (correct me if I'm wrong) But I think the reason that X and Y had little new pokemon in it is because they only released half! (Stay with me here) I think that they are going to release the second half of the new pokemon when the second ground of gen 6 comes out! Because think of this; the new gens are always most looked forward too because they have new pokemon; but when the second installment comes around its not as hyped up because you're just getting a new legendary (or form in BW2s case) and not a whole selection of new poké. So I think that nintendo/gamefreak are being smart about this and releasing the new poké in both games to make them as equally hyped! Many people were disappointed in the fact that only 66 new pokemon were in gen 6 (Me being one of them) so I think that gamefreak/nintendo are trying something different! thank you very much ^-^ ;045;

there were 69 new pokemon plus they might do a DLC update to game lkike the bug patches cuz we still got the event pokemon still and other things in game that hold purpose like the 4 other power plants( 5 in total ) and that couriway town train station

Oshakpop

Eeveelution Master

Yeah, there have been several theories of them only releasing a percentage of the total generation VI Pokémon, with the hints of another region etc. It does seem like something GameFreak would do to keep things fresh and people guessing.

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
Yeah, there have been several theories of them only releasing a percentage of the total generation VI Pokémon, with the hints of another region etc. It does seem like something GameFreak would do to keep things fresh and people guessing.

No it doesn't. It would be a new generation if they release new Pokemon.

Shneak

this is a Nessa x Sonia stan account ✨
Binacle's Sugimori art makes me hate it less. It made me laugh, but I still think it's the worst Pokemon design ever.

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
No it doesn't. It would be a new generation if they release new Pokemon.

With Trollfreak being so unexpected, I wouldn't be surprised if they go with a Gen 6.5. I know it may sound stupid, but there's still the possibility of 0.01% chance of it happening.

Binacle's Sugimori art makes me hate it less. It made me laugh, but I still think it's the worst Pokemon design ever.

The face is kinda funny. Binacle and Stunfisk look kinda good together.
Also, I just find Barbaracle's main head strange.... Why does it have to be a hand?

Shneak

this is a Nessa x Sonia stan account ✨
Barbaracle is a close second. Yeah, the hand-head is ugly. This whole line is beyond hideous, between the colour scheme and the anatomy, plus the real life inspiration is odd. I would say that it shouldn't exist, but fortunately I haven't encountered either in X yet.

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
With Trollfreak being so unexpected, I wouldn't be surprised if they go with a Gen 6.5. I know it may sound stupid, but there's still the possibility of 0.01% chance of it happening.

The face is kinda funny. Binacle and Stunfisk look kinda good together.
Also, I just find Barbaracle's main head strange.... Why does it have to be a hand?

I quite like the concept of the Binacle line, hands and barnacles is really a nice and simple concept that fits greatly personally. Plus we now know the true tale of The Ugly Binacle!

gabric

hey I have a question. im trying to breed some DW pokes with their regular counter parts. the ones with regular abilities have the natures I want so if I put an ever stone on them I know ill get the nature but do I still have a chance for its hidden ability?

blackstar

Does anyone know of a good "poke-catching" pokemon this gen? Or is Parasect available in the National Dex? Or does anybody have a bug/grass FS with paras in it?

z1mb0bw4y

Honestly I don't understand the people complaining about "too few" new pokemon. I'm fine with fewer new pokemon, considering we got a 3D model and a full set of animations for all 718 of them, plus mega evolutions for some old favorites.

Also I haven't played since Ruby/Sapphire so, to me, there are like 400 new pokemon >_>

Endolise

TengenToppaBoogaloo

69 (well, 72) new Pokémon and the logical reasons for introducing that many are perfectly acceptable. It is entirely possible that the people who were disappointed by the number may just have to deal with the reality of the matter, and that is that Game Freak cannot (or rather, would be unwise to) put out +100 new Pokémon every generation.

Last edited:

SuperSceptile

Sceptile is super!
69 (well, 72) new Pokémon and the logical reasons for introducing that many are perfectly acceptable. It is entirely possible that the people who were disappointed by the number may just have to deal with the reality of the matter, and that is that Game Freak cannot (or rather, would be unwise to) put out +100 new Pokémon every generation.

Yes, as much as it bothers me, having less than 100 new Pokémon each gen is perfectly reasonable now that were nearing 1000. If we continued getting over 100 each gen, GF would have more Pokémon than what they can do with them! :) As long as we get quality critters, I don't mind only 70 each gen.

ShadowKreach

The only thing I kind of dislike about the Binacle line is Barbaracle's "thumb" on it's face. I think it might've looked better if it had another on the other side of it's face to make it symmetrical.
Apart from that, I really like the line. Binacle's endearing because the two heads are just so damn grumpy looking, and Barbaracle is just awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.