• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Kalos Dex Thread v2 [READ FIRST POST]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris-kun

i still believe
So to get Weaville and Gliscor... is it REALLY just through the Battle Maison? The Razor Claw and Razor Fang aren't ANYWHERE else???

Fozzie

King of the Gingers
On the Serebii homepage what does the breeding Avalugg to make Bermite eggs say?

It show's three Bergmite, i'm curious as to what it means.

It probably explains Hidden Ability Mechanics. If the Avalugg is female, and has the lit-up ability below it, the three Bergmites show what happens when an Avalugg is bred: Two get the normal abilities, and one gets the hidden ability.

bolter1

Swampert Trainer
On the Serebii homepage what does the breeding Avalugg to make Bermite eggs say?

It show's three Bergmite, i'm curious as to what it means.
I can tell you that what's written in orange letters is Sturdy in Japanese which is Avalugg's Hidden Ability, so I think it's something about passing down Hidden Abilities.

Dragonair7

Feelin' the heat?
Pokémon heights are very weird. Lucario is short.

Is it wrong that I am still bothered by the new type? I love Florges and Mawile, but I still don't see the need for a new type. Dragons were unbalanced because there are a lack of strong moves in the other types. The strongest reliable Ice-type move was Ice Beam. If new, better attacks were made and other pokes stats were made so they could actually be competitively feasible, then there wouldn't be a need for new types. Rather than creating a new type, make the old ones better. In Gen V, Dark types moves were completely underwhelming. In Gen VI, there are 3 new moves, two of which are status. Dragons are amazing because of their versatility and overall better stats. Make some pokemon to counter that!

Also, when making a new type this late in a series, we have a very less number of Fairy-type moves and only 12 new pokemon with the fairy typing. I don't understand the actual type chart for the Fairies either. I get that fey are burned by silver, but if I was a dragon and I saw a fairy, I would probably eat it, not run in terror. How is a pixie able to fight of a wrestler, ninja, or boxer and the dark?

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod

Silverevilchao

Scythe-Wielding Chao

Is it wrong that I am still bothered by the new type? I love Florges and Mawile, but I still don't see the need for a new type. Dragons were unbalanced because there are a lack of strong moves in the other types. The strongest reliable Ice-type move was Ice Beam. If new, better attacks were made and other pokes stats were made so they could actually be competitively feasible, then there wouldn't be a need for new types. Rather than creating a new type, make the old ones better. In Gen V, Dark types moves were completely underwhelming. In Gen VI, there are 3 new moves, two of which are status. Dragons are amazing because of their versatility and overall better stats. Make some pokemon to counter that!

Also, when making a new type this late in a series, we have a very less number of Fairy-type moves and only 12 new pokemon with the fairy typing. I don't understand the actual type chart for the Fairies either. I get that fey are burned by silver, but if I was a dragon and I saw a fairy, I would probably eat it, not run in terror. How is a pixie able to fight of a wrestler, ninja, or boxer and the dark?

Well:

1.) Fairy-type wasn't just introduced to balance the Dragon type, it was introduce to balance other ones, too. Steel and Poison have actual offensive uses now.

2.) Even if new mons were introduced to counter Dragons...they'd likely just be more Dragons. Ice is a horrifically bad defensive type, which gets its butt kicked by many types that Dragons are likely carrying. Dragon is the only decent counter to Dragon-types, and that is incredibly counterproductive.

3.) Fairy-types seem to be more than a little based off of magical girls in this universe (Moonblast? The entirety of Sylveon?). Magical girls fight monsters and win. Magical girls fight evil (the Dark type is the Evil type in Japanese) and win. Magic confounds martial artists (which is why they're also weak to Psychic).

Furthermore, perhaps everyone should consider the Japanese concept of fairies and spirits as opposed to the Western concepts, especially modern western concepts, as the game is made and designed by Japanese people. Supernatural creatures are damn feared in folklore, even goofy, mischievious entities have an evil side to them. You have a bunch of silly creatures in Japanese folklore that kill people. Mystical spirits, even if they seem cute or weak, are freaking scary and shouldn't be tangled with.

Rakurai

I imagine it's going to take a couple gens before the Fairy type manages to have much of an impact on the popularity of Dragon types, because from what I've noticed, all it's done is make Outrage less of a no-brainer on physical Dragons and increased the popularity of Pokemon that gained the Fairy type without affecting the usage of dragons much if at all. The majority of the current Fairy types simply aren't strong enough to fight against dragons, and even the ones that are can't do so reliably, as switching into a Dragon type for them is still borderline suicidal if it isn't using Outrage.

Also, it's kind of pitiful that the type that got hit the hardest by Fairy's introduction is Dark, as of three types Fairy is both SE/resistant to, Dark types are the most prone to lacking any effective means of fighting back against Fairy types, plus they're easily the weakest out of those three types overall, which made such a nerf largely unwarranted.

Last edited:

Taodragon

Training Anaylst
3.) Fairy-types seem to be more than a little based off of magical girls in this universe (Moonblast? The entirety of Sylveon?). Magical girls fight monsters and win. Magical girls fight evil (the Dark type is the Evil type in Japanese) and win. Magic confounds martial artists (which is why they're also weak to Psychic).

Furthermore, perhaps everyone should consider the Japanese concept of fairies and spirits as opposed to the Western concepts, especially modern western concepts, as the game is made and designed by Japanese people. Supernatural creatures are damn feared in folklore, even goofy, mischievious entities have an evil side to them. You have a bunch of silly creatures in Japanese folklore that kill people. Mystical spirits, even if they seem cute or weak, are freaking scary and shouldn't be tangled with.

Except there are examples of "fair folk" fairies in Japanese mythology too in the form of Youkai. The Yuki-onna (a ghostly woman who would steal wandering souls in the snow and Futakuchi-onna (The two-mouthed woman, basis of Mawile) are examples of these. Many of these type of creatures still do show up in Japanese media and not all of them are portrayed in a "silly" way. So there's a basis for the belief that there could've been more fair folk-like fairies, even if we just go by Japanese mythology and medium.

Last edited:

Aonshinzo

TheCoolestTentacool

The same way a spider the size of your hand (Joltik) is supereffective against a Blue Blimp Whale the size of a skyscraper (Wailord).

Dark_One

Where about in reflection cave can you find the mega stone for Alakazam because I can't find it

Morty05

Ghost-type trainer
I imagine it's going to take a couple gens before the Fairy type manages to have much of an impact on the popularity of Dragon types, because from what I've noticed, all it's done is make Outrage less of a no-brainer on physical Dragons and increased the popularity of Pokemon that gained the Fairy type without affecting the usage of dragons much if at all. The majority of the current Fairy types simply aren't strong enough to fight against dragons, and even the ones that are can't do so reliably, as switching into a Dragon type for them is still borderline suicidal if it isn't using Outrage.

Also, it's kind of pitiful that the type that got hit the hardest by Fairy's introduction is Dark, as of three types Fairy is both SE/resistant to, Dark types are the most prone to lacking any effective means of fighting back against Fairy types, plus they're easily the weakest out of those three types overall, which made such a nerf largely unwarranted.

hey at least dark gained some stregnth against steel types esepcially walls like Bronzong and Metagross family.

Rakurai

I really don't consider that much of a plus when some Fairy types (Mega Mawile and Azumarill in particular) can wall them even harder then Steel types did, plus Dazzling Gleam's distribution as a coverage move has made it so they can't even serve as counters to some of the Psychic type Pokemon anymore.

It's only going to get worse in future generations once the number of decent Fairy types increases. Though I'm hoping they realize that Fairy is rather overpowered defensively by then and remove some of its resistances or give it more weaknesses.

Morty05

Ghost-type trainer
I really don't consider that much of a plus when some Fairy types (Mega Mawile and Azumarill in particular) can wall them even harder then Steel types did, plus Dazzling Gleam's distribution as a coverage move has made it so they can't even serve as counters to some of the Psychic type Pokemon anymore.

It's only going to get worse in future generations once the number of decent Fairy types increases. Though I'm hoping they realize that Fairy is rather overpowered defensively by then and remove some of its resistances or give it more weaknesses.

huh, well at least fairys give some attacking support to previously worst attacking types ( steel and poison) and as for Dazzling Gleam... it is welcome change to many pysic types which lacked any means to attack dark-types previously ( e.g Espeion) Also it isn't all that bad since some dark type pokemon like bisharp, houndoom and drapion risists dazzing gleem.

Endolise

TengenToppaBoogaloo
This may seem very out-of-nowhere and insignificant but can anybody with a Savanna[h] Pattern Vivillon please confirm which way it is spelled in the Pokédex? This site lists it as "Savanna" but I've seen other sites use "Savannah" and am not sure what to believe.

bolter1

Swampert Trainer
This may seem very out-of-nowhere and insignificant but can anybody with a Savanna[h] Pattern Vivillon please confirm which way it is spelled in the Pokédex? This site lists it as "Savanna" but I've seen other sites use "Savannah" and am not sure what to believe.
I can confirm that in the North American version (who knows, it might be different in European versions) it is spelled "Savanna".

Status
Not open for further replies.