• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

~The Kalos Region Club~

Status
Not open for further replies.

dirkac

I smash your Boxes.
20130514133346%21Kalos_XY.png

~The Kalos Region Club~

Ah, Kalos, the Region of beauty, and with such diversity... From the dark and quiet marshlands of Laverre Nature Trail to the dazzling metropolis of Lumiose City... Home to such a wide variety of Pokémon that it has hit 454 Species living in it...

Welcome to the Kalos Region Club!
In this Club, you can discuss it all! From your PR Videos to the Pokémon League, from your favourite City to your recent progression... Everything Kalos can be discussed in this Club!​

~Member List~
A list of everyone who joined our lil Club :3
dirkac
King Infernape the III
Zelphon
Ace_Of_Shadows

~The Rules~
But, of course, a Club cannot function without Rules.

• All Rules of the Clubs Forums apply.
  • No one-liners! Seriously, don't do them :/
  • No Spam, either. It's annoying :O
  • Please, don't troll or flame! It not only gives yourself a bad reputation, but this Club as well!
  • Please abide by the Sign-Up Form provided when joining! Because it's easier to keep track of c:
  • Don't post if you're Banned. There's a reason it's called being Banned xD
  • Only join if you're a fan or like Kalos. Seriously, what's the point in joining if you don't like Kalos?
  • And... Most importantly... HAVE FUN!

~Strikes~
And here is the Strike System to be used with the above Rules.
1st Strike: 1st Warning
2nd Strike: 2nd Warning
3rd Strike: Week Ban
4th Strike: Month Ban
5th Strike: Three Month Ban
6th Strike: 3rd Warning
7th Strike: PermaBan + Contacting Staff

~Strike List~
The people who disobeyed the rules ;-;
Nobody, thankfully! \^o^/

~Sign-Up Form~
If you want to join~
Username:
Nicknames:
Your favourite thing about Kalos:

And here's mine, as an example :3
Username: dirkac
Nicknames: dir, dirk, Surskit Boy, ASurskitUser
Your favourite thing about Kalos: How beautiful it is <3 I also love the amount of variety in the Pokédex :3

~Topics~
To discuss, of course!
Who did you pick as a Starter?
What was your Team in Pokémon X and Y?
Who is your favourite Kalos Gym Leader?
Who is your favourite Kalos Elite Four?
What did you think of Team Flare?
What did you think of the Rivals?

~Art Corner~
For the Art for our Club!
We have nothing yet... But that will change soon!

~FAQ~
What is Kalos?
Kalos is the Region that Pokémon X and Pokémon Y ake in, and the main Region of Gen VI.

How many Pokémon are in the Kalos Dex?
Well, first, the Kalos Dex is actually split up into three parts, the Central Kalos Dex, the Coastal Kalos Dex, and the Mountain Kalos Dex.
The Central Kalos Dex has 150 Pokémon in it, the Coastal Kalos Dex has 153 Pokémon in it, and the Mountain Kalos Dex has 151 Pokémon in it.
That makes for a grand total of 454 Pokémon!

Who are the Gym Leaders and Elite Four of Kalos?
The first is Viola, the Bug Type Gym Leader in Santalune City, and photo enthusiast, who hands out the Bug Badge.
Second is Grant, the Rock Type Gym Leader in Cyllage City, and Fossil maniac and rock climber, who hands out the Cliff Badge.
Third comes Korrina, the Fighting Type Gym Leader in Shalour City, and the Successor of the secrets of Mega Evolution, who hands out the Rumble Badge.
Fourth is Ramos, the Grass Type Gym Leader in Coumarine City, and an avid gardener who worked on the geometric gardens of Parterre Way, who hands out the Plant Badge.
Fifth is Clemont, the Electric Type Gym Leader in Lumiose City, who is a great inventor and has invented even Super Training, who hands out the Voltage Badge.
Sixth is Valerie, the Fairy Type Gym Leader in Laverre City, who is a fashion designer originally from Goldenrod City in the Johto Region, who hands out the Fairy Badge.
Seventh is Olympia, the Psychic Type Gym Leader in Anistar City, who is a true master of psychic, being able to transport and teel the future, who hands out the Psychic Badge.
Eighth is Wulfirc, the Ice Type Gym Leader in Snowbelle City, who is often in Pokémon Village to meet the Pokémon, who hands out the Iceberg Badge.
For the Elite Four, there are Wikstrom, the Steel Type Elite Four and a great knight, Drasna, the Dragon Type Elite Four originally from Celestic Town in the Sinnoh Region, Siebold, the Water Type Elite Four who is also a grand cook, Malva, the Fire Type Elite Four who is also a member of Team Flare, and finally, Diantha, the Champion of the Kalos Region.

What's up with all those names like Parterre Way?
Each Route in Kalos also has it's own name, alongside it's Route number.
Route 1 is also known as Vaniville Pathway.
Route 2 is also known as Avance Trail.
Route 3 is also known as Ouvert Way.
Route 4 is also known as Parterre Way.
Route 5 is also known as Versant Road.
Route 6 is also known as Palais Lane.
Route 7 is also known as Rivière Walk.
Route 8 is also known as Muraille Coast.
Route 9 is also known as Spikes Passage.
Route 10 is also known as Menhir Trail.
Route 11 is also known as Miroir Way.
Route 12 is also known as Fourrage Road.
Route 13 is also known as Lumiose Badlands.
Route 14 is also known as Laverre Nature Trail.
Route 15 is also known as Brun Way.
Route 16 is also known as Mélancolie Path.
Route 17 is also known as Mamoswine Road.
Route 18 is also known as Vallée Étroite Way.
Route 19 is also known as Grande Vallée Way.
Route 20 is also known as Winding Woods.
Route 21 is also known as Dernière Way.
Route 22 is also known as Détourner Way.

Now, I hope you all have fun!

Last edited:

Kitt Geekazaru

Infernape Trainer
Username: King Infernape the III
Nicknames: Kitt, Kitt 2000
Your favourite thing about Kalos: New art, new mechanics, increased shiny rate, new pokemon, mega evolutions, or anything that is new except the Fairy Type.

Murder Doll

Button Presser
Username: Zelphon
Nicknames: Zelphy
Your favourite thing about Kalos: 3D, Fairy type (cuz screw those dragons man), mega evolution (yay viability!), and the move animations.

dirkac

I smash your Boxes.
Username: King Infernape the III
Nicknames: Kitt, Kitt 2000
Your favourite thing about Kalos: New art, new mechanics, increased shiny rate, new pokemon, mega evolutions, or anything that is new except the Fairy Type.

Username: Zelphon
Nicknames: Zelphy
Your favourite thing about Kalos: 3D, Fairy type (cuz screw those dragons man), mega evolution (yay viability!), and the move animations.

Both of you are accpted c:

Ace_Of_Shadows

Edgy edgelord name
Username: Ace_Of_Shadows
Nicknames: Ace
Your favourite thing about Kalos: I like the Pokemon designs, that it's set in France and I like the 3D sprites (much better than the pixelated rubbish we got in BW, especially in battles).

Kitt Geekazaru

Infernape Trainer
I choose Chespin, mostly because I was not a Delphox fan. I kinda had perks going into my game, as my brother had already completed it. We figured out that if I trade my Bunnelby or whatever for a Protean Froakie egg, the hatchling would technically be mine. So, by the time I got out of Lumiose City I had a Protean Froakie, a Noibat, a Chespin, a Squirtle, and the SB Torchic. Very soon after I caught a Doublade and a blue Flabebe that would replace Squirtle. That was my team for the entire game.

dirkac

I smash your Boxes.
Username: Ace_Of_Shadows
Nicknames: Ace
Your favourite thing about Kalos: I like the Pokemon designs, that it's set in France and I like the 3D sprites (much better than the pixelated rubbish we got in BW, especially in battles).

Accepted~

>Starters
I picked Fenenkin in X, and Froakie in Y.
I absolutely adore the Fennekin line.

Ace_Of_Shadows

Edgy edgelord name
My original choice was Froakie, especially as we saw Frogadier and then Greninja (both of which look awesome). I actually beat the game first time with Fennekin/Braixen/Delphox, which I liked because of the RPG Mage vibe I got from it. I never used Chespin/Quilladin/Chesnaught, so I don't know, but going from RPG experience I never played well as a warrior type, so I can't see myself liking the juggernaut anytime soon. My main game, Y, I started with Froakie and have a thriving plethora of shinies, legendaries and Wonder Trade Pokemon that I've collected throughout my journey.

Here's a question for you all: What was your original X & Y team that you beat the game with?

My Y version had Greninja (Ninja-Frog), Talonflame (Whirlwind), Gardevoir (Valkyrie), Venusaur (BruteRoot), Heliolisk (Basilisk) and Lucario (Mega-Anubis). I also had an X file which had Delphox, Blastoise, Aegislash, Noivern and Sylveon. But what about you?

towngirl

Username: towngirl
Nicknames: Towny
Your favourite thing about Kalos: I love the greenery of the region and the European styling of the buildings and towns, just beautiful!

Kitt Geekazaru

Infernape Trainer
I mentioned my team earlier, but their pre-evolved forms. Can't hurt to post again.
Greninja, Noivern (took so long to evolve), Chesnaught, Florges, Blaziken, and Aegislash.

Moldova

Honour of Kalos
Username: Moldova
Nicknames: Charlie, Moldova
Favourite thing about Kalos: The friend safari!

Scarlet Tactician

Lazy, But Here
Ooh, Kalos is my favorite region yet! I'd definitely love to join. I've definitely wanted to talk about the region with people, but it's always too negative in the fandom.

Username: shadowmilotic
Nicknames: Shadow, Milotic, shadowmilotic (I kind of wish I could change my UN, to be honest- not fond of it anymore)
Your favourite thing about Kalos: Ooh, where to begin? I love all the little touches and how it really has personality to it. It has lots of history to it if you know where to look, it's beautiful, even the tiny towns with no gyms are memorable... If I had to choose one thing, it'd be that it has so much character compared to previous regions. I love other regions, but Kalos is the first region that really feels alive to me. Of course, playing it blindly versus eating up spoilers in the past may have helped... Oh, and it has the best soundtrack of all the regions, in my opinion.

On the starter topic, I chose Fennekin in X, and Froakie in Y, and if there's a third version, I'll choose Chespin. X was my main game, and at first I was torn on all three, but I loved Fennekin's line the best. I adore Fennec foxes, I was thrilled about it being part Psychic, and I loved the mage idea. I still wish Froakie had been a prince like I had initially expected, but Greninja is pretty cool too, especially after seeing it in that SSB video. Chesnaught is has a neat design- I like it and Greninja equally, actually. Not sure why I went with Froakkie first.

EDIT: What was your original X & Y team that you beat the game with?

For X, it was Xerneas, Delphox, Lucario, Blastoise, Furfrou, and Aurorus. For Y, it was Yveltal, Greninja, Floette (I honestly think she's much cuter than Florges, though Florges has started to grow on me), Goodra, Charizard, and Meowstic. I usually just go with whatever my team ends up as- I rarely have a plan or theme, though I may bias towards trying for certain Pokémon.

Who is your favourite Kalos Gym Leader?
That's tough... I'd probably have to go with Wulfric. There's just something oddly adorable about him with his gentleness. I don't know why, but I liked him pretty quickly.

Who is your favourite Kalos Elite Four?
Wikstrom, easily. I just loved the whole knight thing, and a couple of his lines got a genuine laugh out of me.

What did you think of Team Flare?
I admit that when I first saw them during the pre-release, they didn't appeal to me much. I thought they would be a poor man's Team Rocket after reading the description of them. After playing, though, I really enjoyed them. I like how you have to piece together the clues towards their plans instead of being told right off the bat- it made the reveal more interesting. The scientists were nice, especially Xerosic- I adore mad scientist types. I do wish they had popped up a couple more times, but they were still a cool team, the grunts made me chuckle, and I wish we could get their outfits in-game.

What did you think of the Rivals?
Honestly, I really liked them. Like Team Flare, I didn't think much of them during the hype, but I actually really adored their friendship during the earlier parts of the game. The bits in Santalune Forest sold me. My favorite was probably Shauna- she reminded me of some of my own friends. I wish Tierno and Trevor had done a little more, but I still liked them, too. Maybe in the third version if they go the Yellow/Crystal/etc. route, we'll get them doing a lot more.

Phew- think I got all the questions so far!:p

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.