1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

The Kalos Region Thread

Discussion in 'Pokémon Generation VI Discussion' started by bobandbill, Jan 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bobandbill

bobandbill Winning Smile Staff Member Super Mod

Discuss the beautiful French-inspired region of Kalos here!

All posts should be constructive and contain ideas, support/elaborate their ideas, and must contribute to the discussions and/or on-going arguments. Also, one-liner posts such as "I agree.", "I want [this] to be in the game!", "This sucks!" will all be considered SPAM, deleted and you will be possibly infracted.

Let's promote a worthwhile discussion!

THE KALOS REGION MAP
    [spoil][​IMG][/spoil]

This will be updated soon, with Route info.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2013
  2. oriclion

oriclion oldschool breeder(l)

I still can't believe it! The region looks so great in 3D! It looks like Pokémon is going back to its roots: Nature! I predict an Europe based region, with landscapes resembling some of Europes most well known monuments, like the "Eiffel Tower" like building we see in the picture above. Even the streets resemble France! I simply LOVE Pokémon!

3. Locormus

Locormus Can we please get the old forum back?

Along with the Eiffel Tower, one can also see an old style 'Versailles'-like palace in the video. I think it's based off France as well, but we need to see a map to make sure.. France doesn't really have the most interesting geographical shape (a hexagon without many inland waters or mountains) so lets see what happens when they reveal the map.

4. Mr.Munchlax

Mr.Munchlax Thunder Trainer

While I'm ok with the region being based on France, my only question is why? I understand Unova because NYC is home to the home for American pokémon stuff but is it the same with Paris or some other area in France?

5. Lucario At Service

Lucario At Service Calm Trainer

6. Endolise

Endolise TengenToppaBoogaloo

I love French architecture, so this region's look is very appealing to me.

7. rocky505

rocky505 Well-Known Member

Look at the beginning where Pikachu sends off electricity. That comes from France. At least we won't be at each others throats as bad as we were with the Shanghai vs NY for BW.

8. Ver-mont

Ver-mont Well-Known Member

The fact that there is a full French localization with their own names for Pokémon and everything should tell you they're an important location for Pokémon too.

And since it seems GameFreak is trying to use foreign places for the new regions, I think France is as good as any other option.

9. T.W.I.

T.W.I. Undercover Rocket

I'm actually quite shocked I haven't seen any "frog" jokes yet (since its a derogatory name for a French person) and we have a frog starter in a definitely French region.

I'm really liking the style though. Paris St. + maybe Versailles palace?

I find it ironic how the "Fire Gym" is in a place possibly inspired by Notre Dame (circular stained glass window flooring). Reminds me of the scene in Hunchback of Notre Dame.

I would really like a Louvre style gym. Even though we had Nacrene Museum and Castellia's art studio.

10. Poetry

Poetry Dancing Mad

So since it's pretty much established that the region is based off of Paris, could this be the first region not to have a coastal section in-game or would the region encompass the entire north region of France, including Paris?

11. T.W.I.

T.W.I. Undercover Rocket

Well, there is the French Mediterranean. Not exactly an ocean, but still a cost-like area.

12. OrcaCity

OrcaCity Expert Killer Whale

I'm way too excited! I wonder if the name of the new region will have something to do with Chromosomes.
    I bet that the third installment (if there is one) will be called Pokémon Chrome. :p

13. NeoDude-5000

NeoDude-5000 Well-Known Member

The region will most likely be based on France. I wonder one generation they will do a region based on the UK (that will be cool).

14. carboncopy

carboncopy (-) (-) (-) (-)

Did Masuda visit Paris recently ? coz he visited nyc before bw
    maybe thats y its based on france.

15. Ver-mont

Ver-mont Well-Known Member

Yes, he did.

His new twitter avatar even has him near the Eiffel Tower.

https://twitter.com/Junichi_Masuda

16. Poetry

Poetry Dancing Mad

I actually didn't think initially that the in-game region would resemble the entire of France, with Spain to the south-west and the rest of Europe to the east... but because France itself is quite plain in terns of shape (compared to the Japanese regions and NYC) I guess it would encourage more freedom in terms of mapping out the routes and cities.

17. Wulava

Wulava UltraSun / UltraMoon Staff Member Moderator

I guess his visit to France really inspired him for Gen 6.

18. Oshakpop

Oshakpop Eeveelution Master

I'm liking the old style type places, I'm definitely liking what seems to be the mixture of both modern and nature places. It seems the overall style will be based in Europe. I'm calling it now - french gym leader.

19. Mokepon22

Mokepon22 Well-Known Member

Yuuup...I remember people thinking that Gen VI region would be attached to Unova like Johto to Kanto

Since the 3DS supports DLC we'll probably be getting additional areas via DLC

20. gliscor&yanmega

gliscor&yanmega Well-Known Member

Wanted Canada(I'm sure most people would want their country to be Pokemonfied...or whatever), but France is nice too, I'm just glad they are continuing with using places outside of Japan and I think we can expect it to continue into the future now.

So far I think the region looks pretty nice. I'm interested to see what other things there are to explore this time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.