• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Kalos Region Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

IrieFuse

Unify To Thrive
Look at the far bottom of the map.. the river appears to go into the mountains.

wow this just made me realize that pokemon's never had a region with intertwining rivers to this degree. this is pretty exciting! I wonder if it could lead to water routes in a different way than RSE since that was just a region with half of it being a massive body of water. but I doubt it, although I think there will be some sort of reason for all those rivers besides it's real-life basis.

T-Bolt

Electrifying.
I did something in Photoshop and "burned" out the clouds. Guess what?
There's a huge hole/cave on the upper right, islands on the southwest, and more areas on the southern mountains.

I did the same thing in HGSS when the Frontier and western Johto area was still covered in clouds.

KarosHide_zps43a923cc.png

Actually, rather than a hole/cave, it looks more like a giant tree to me. And you know what, the first thing that came to my mind when I looked at it was Yggdrasil.

To those who don't know what Yggdrasil is-

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yggdrasil

Volcer

Shur'tugal
Actually, rather than a hole/cave, it looks more like a giant tree to me. And you know what, the first thing that came to my mind when I looked at it was Yggdrasil.

That sounds awesome! Maybe there would be post-game stuff in the other 'worlds' that this Yggdrasil takes us too.

Mew The Gato

Exactly. The World Tree, Yggdrasil is what is looks like. Though the picture is not clear, you can see the green parts. The Legendary Pokemon here, too, seem to be based off Norse Mythology.

This is similar to Sinnoh's Mount Coronet, the entrance to other worlds.
That is, Dialga, Palkia and Giratina's Dimensions.

I am pretty sure that Xerneas and Yveltal are based on two beings from Norse Mythology. Yggdrasil has a bird on the top, which is blind. Notice that Yveltal has blue eyes with white pupils... which makes it look blinder than an usual Pokemon...

The trunk is home to four deer called Dáinn, Dvalin, Duneyrr and Duraþrór. It is said that their horns shape the upper branches of Yggdrasil, so that they can also feel like living on the top, they are probably jealous... See that Xerneas's horns are shaped like branches... These deers also had gems of the colours purple, blue, red and yellow, which Xerneas has on its horns...

Also, there is a Dragon around the World Tree... this might be the third legendary...

Last edited:

Takaru

Werk, Werk, Werk
The region looks AMAZING. All those River water routes, it looks like the cities are spread out, so it'd be awesome if we had some long routes, and the cities don't like they go in a huge circular pattern! There also seems to be a lot of caves, forest, and mountains to explore.

IrieFuse

Unify To Thrive
The region looks AMAZING. All those River water routes, it looks like the cities are spread out, so it'd be awesome if we had some long routes, and the cities don't like they go in a huge circular pattern! There also seems to be a lot of caves, forest, and mountains to explore.

I agree, it would make it feel like more of an adventure instead of walking 100 steps and passing through a gate to make it to the next town.
also, I would like it if cities and towns weren't just more spread out, but also bigger in size. casteli a city was nice for what I would like to call a town. and then make a city even bigger. but that's probably not going to happen.

Blaquaza

Elite Spritist
I hope that whatever the major city is, it has more to do than Castelia. I mean, yeah, Castelia was really pretty and looked really cool with all the changing perspectives and the piers and whatever, but there wasn't much to do once you fulfilled the plot-mandated stuff. Yeah, a few new things were added in BW2, but it still seemed like a lot of wasted potential to me. I just want this big sprawling city with tons of things to do.
I agree, the only thing that Castelia was good for was the Game Freak HQ and giving me an Eevee or two. To be honest, I spend most time in post-game BW2 at Join Avenue, Virbank City (PokeStar Studios) and medal hunting. I really hope that we get a chance to collect more medals in X and Y.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
http://www.mapsofworld.com/physical-map/france-physical-map.html

The coastal region, judging by the actual map of France, seems to be the combination of the English Channel and the Bay of Biscay. The mountainous region would be near the border of Italy and would contain a solid region. The mainland would be Western France. As far as that mountain on the far top right is concerned, perhaps we're going a little bit into Belgium territory.

I wonder if the Gulf of Lion will be present on this map.

Edit: Or that "Belgium Mountain" could be a tree. I could go with that.

Last edited:

R_N

I think this is the actual map artwork. The in-game map won't have the areas covered with clouds.
But I'm glad it that the environment looks very diverse. Can't wait for the official site to update with a much better image.

It is. You can faintly see structures hidden under the clouds.

I did something in Photoshop and "burned" out the clouds. Guess what?
There's a huge hole/cave on the upper right, islands on the southwest, and more areas on the southern mountains.

I did the same thing in HGSS when the Frontier and western Johto area was still covered in clouds.

KarosHide_zps43a923cc.png

Wow that's a ton of rivers
The region looks like it has a vague star shape to it

Maybe all the "foreign" regions are distinct shapes :V

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
Wow that's a ton of rivers
The region looks like it has a vague star shape to it

Maybe all the "foreign" regions are distinct shapes :V
To be fair though, you can kind of see a vague star shape in actual France.

http://geology.com/world/france-map.gif

I can see three defined points and two rough edges as the bottom part of the star.

Edit: I do wonder if we can go to Corsica in the games. Maybe it will be like a battle island like Sinnoh had it.

Last edited:

General Nonsense

Star Glider
This is the first I've seen of the region map, it's certianly interesting. Very un-linear. Can't wait for a high resolution image of it! Anyone have a guess as to what the thing in the northernmost "point" is? Kinda looks like a lake on a mountain, but it's really hard to tell.

Rokroad

Hot Drops
It looks like there are atleast twelve cities/towns. I'm wondering if the map only shows Central or the whole region.

spiller

i counted 11/12 towns/cities and there is good spaceing between them the ones that are closest at the bottom of the map are the one i imagine would be the town u live and it's closest town. can not wait for any more info to com i must have more.

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
I like it, more than Unova which comes in third of my favorite regions. Right now it's second for me behind Sinnoh but if the region has some interesting locations like a double helix shaped forest, then Sinnoh can take the welcome wagon to second place.

Exactly. The World Tree, Yggdrasil is what is looks like. Though the picture is not clear, you can see the green parts. The Legendary Pokemon here, too, seem to be based off Norse Mythology.

This is similar to Sinnoh's Mount Coronet, the entrance to other worlds.
That is, Dialga, Palkia and Giratina's Dimensions.

I am pretty sure that Xerneas and Yveltal are based on two beings from Norse Mythology. Yggdrasil has a bird on the top, which is blind. Notice that Yveltal has blue eyes with white pupils... which makes it look blinder than an usual Pokemon...

The trunk is home to four deer called Dáinn, Dvalin, Duneyrr and Duraþrór. It is said that their horns shape the upper branches of Yggdrasil, so that they can also feel like living on the top, they are probably jealous... See that Xerneas's horns are shaped like branches... These deers also had gems of the colours purple, blue, red and yellow, which Xerneas has on its horns...

Also, there is a Dragon around the World Tree... this might be the third legendary...

We kinda speculated this in the beginning of XY.

Jinglefruit

Mad hatter
After seeing the main page update saying the pokedex is separated into mountain, main and coastal segments, does anyone else think we might be able to pick where we start and travel these 3 segments in whichever order we choose, with scalable leveling? That would be a dream for me seeing as I prefer to replay the game over just training pokemon once completed.

RoySceptile

Bakaner
After seeing the main page update saying the pokedex is separated into mountain, main and coastal segments, does anyone else think we might be able to pick where we start and travel these 3 segments in whichever order we choose, with scalable leveling? That would be a dream for me seeing as I prefer to replay the game over just training pokemon once completed.

That's got me thinking; if the three character customization palettes are the only available ones, do you think we could start in three different areas depending on which one we choose?
I think that would be a pretty nice idea.

diakyu

It looks like there are atleast twelve cities/towns. I'm wondering if the map only shows Central or the whole region.
No way it shows the whole region. They never show it all at once.

So the region is split into Central, Coastal, and Mountain regions. Really interested in the coastal region.

Takaru

Werk, Werk, Werk
Putting the region and the map of France into Photoshop and blending it, it almost directly looks like the map of France, give or take a few chunks of land. The peninsulas line up fairly well. Also where Paris is on the French map, it directly lines up to that big circular white thing towards the upper region of the map.

Also there seem to be dark clouds covering the lower part of the map as well as the upper-corners. So either post-game areas are going to be more varied, instead of just being all pushed to one side of the region, or the bottom half is covering the starting area.

Status
Not open for further replies.