• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Kalos Region Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Regality

Digital King
That's got me thinking; if the three character customization palettes are the only available ones, do you think we could start in three different areas depending on which one we choose?
I think that would be a pretty nice idea.

Tanned = Coastal
White but not too white = Central
Pale = Mountain

How I would see this xD

GoldCyndaquil

Shiny Hunter
I really like the fact that Miare City seems to be this big circular hub of Karos and rivers are even going into/out of? the city. Right now I can see 12 Cities/towns so I'm really hoping more are added that we just can't see. I really can't wait to see what lies beyond the southern mountains in post-game, so many possibilities!

Regality

Digital King
Mont St. Michel is located off the coast of Normany. So, not UK.

St Michael's Mount

[IMG200]http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTkqBLsOHFmmLBnUeBvoqreL2llgLP2wKNzDqRzN03LXMpywsVT[/IMG200]

I got mixed up with our UK version...

That's got me thinking; if the three character customization palettes are the only available ones, do you think we could start in three different areas depending on which one we choose?
I think that would be a pretty nice idea.

now that you mention it that does seem very likely. this is really getting me even more exited about this game.

Takaru

Werk, Werk, Werk
http://i41.*******.com/1x54h.png

That's what I was talking about, its location is pretty much where its located in France, and it fits the general look of it, how its separated from the main land. Its just a guess though.

Super Nerd 7997

Crazy Plant Guy
I really hope we get more wilderness this time around. Big, wide open map like that, we'd almost have to... In particular, I would appreciate it if the map went the opposite way of last time and was very non-linear. As in, multiple routes one could take to reach a particular place, and routes themselves would be more wide-open and spread out. I hope the mountainous area is particularly spacious (I love me some mountains), with lots of areas to climb, both inside and out. Also, it would be really nice if river travel was actually viable, and it didn't just show up in-game as lots of arbitrarily blocked little segments of river.

Also, that orange area near the large white circle (I'm assuming it's a city). Do you think that could be a savannah? It would be an interesting change of pace from our ordinary deserts...

GoldCyndaquil

Shiny Hunter
http://i41.*******.com/1x54h.png

That's what I was talking about, its location is pretty much where its located in France, and it fits the general look of it, how its separated from the main land. Its just a guess though.

They could actually make Mont St. Michel the League for Karos. I mean it's isolated; can only be accessed through a mountain...supposedly; would actually fit the whole stained glass window fire room in the trailer.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
Judging on that Pokedex picture with numbers based on the region, assuming it's a perfect "still frame" from in game content, there was...

A. I minor brush up with the mountains and they are pursuing a different region (coastal?)
B. They are currently pursuing the mountains, and the mountains is the last region to go to.

Of course, we don't know how linear the game is or not.

Jinglefruit

Mad hatter
Tanned = Coastal
White but not too white = Central
Pale = Mountain

How I would see this xD

I could totally see that happening.
Before I was hoping/going for each starting route being a different difficulty. (as obviously you'd end up with different gym orders.) But this seems more likely. And seeing as we started in a city with a gym in BW2, it doesn't sound too outlandish to have 3 possible starting towns.

Takaru

Werk, Werk, Werk
They could actually make Mont St. Michel the League for Karos. I mean it's isolated; can only be accessed through a mountain...supposedly; would actually fit the whole stained glass window fire room in the trailer.

Oh! I never thought of that. That makes a lot of sense. It'd be cool to see it there to be honest. Finally a location that isn't in the Eastern or Northern part of the region.

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
I just recently saw the Pokedex news at the main site and glad to know that the region is separated into three areas.
This could only mean that this region is so big and diverse, the region has to be divided into sub-regions.

This also leads me to think that each sub-region might have a corresponding Legendary, but this is not the right place to discuss it.

Status
Not open for further replies.