• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Kalos Region Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

I see the white circled one as the starting town. I circled red the ones I thought were a town/city/main location.

That is a Logical Assumption.
However We Need More Information About The Region.
Im Really Interested in Seeing The Whole Region and What Those Clouds Have to Reveal.
I Wonder How The Map of Karos Will Look Like When Its All Said and Done.

Last edited:

Volcer

Shur'tugal
That is a Logical Assumption.
However We Need More Information About The Region.
Im Really Interested in Seeing The Whole Region and What Those Clouds Have to Reveal.
I Wonder How The Map of Karos Will Look Like When Its All Said and Done.

So. Many. Caps.

But I hope that Yggdrasil idea is true since it would be fantastic for exploration and catching Pokemon.

MrDuck

Coming back on that idea of Mt Saint Michel being the league. In the trailer there was that huge stone building with those gothic windows and that fire coming out of the ground. I always believed that was an e4 member.

Him standing in a stone like building/castle/church makes me believe Mt Saint Michel may be indeed the league location.

But I hope that Yggdrasil idea is true since it would be fantastic for exploration and catching Pokemon.

KarosHide_zps43a923cc.png

That would be really interesting if The Karos Region was based off of "The Norse Mythology".
Yggdrasil known as "The Tree of the World" is located at the center of the universe and holds the nine worlds together through its roots.
If you look at the center of the Karos Region which im assuming is Miare City, it happens to be surrounded by many cities/towns. Those cities/towns in Karos can be classified as the worlds.

If the region is based on "The Norse Mythology" it would be divided like this :
The Top Right Hand Corner = Asgard.
The Center = Midgard.
The Bottom Where It Seems to be Cloudy = Niflheim.

Last edited:

Chandreigon

Pokemon Master
Confirmed it is called the Kalos region, and the main city is Lumiose City

http://www.pokemonxy.com/en-us/root/

Kalos-Region-Pokemon-X-and-Y.jpg

Personally, love the look of the region, love that they included a bit of the Stonehenge and the windmill looks pretty cool as well.

Last edited:

Pasque

Has anyone noticed the rock formation on the far left of the map?
Reminds me of Stonehenge.
I thought that part part of the map was based on Britanny (France), but could be slightly influenced by England? (not surprising considering the history between the two regions).
Unless Britanny has a stonehenge of its own that i don't know of.

Rayze Darr

Snubbull Supporter
... ya know, it's gonna take for-freaking-ever to get from one end of Lumiose City to the other.

Alli

The region looks amazing! I cannot believe how many incredible features they've put in!
I really wonder which town will be the starting town. Hard to tell by the map.

Rayze Darr

Snubbull Supporter
The region looks amazing! I cannot believe how many incredible features they've put in!
I really wonder which town will be the starting town. Hard to tell by the map.

For all we know, we'll start in Lumiose City. B2W2 started in a city, so i can see this being the next step up.

Regality

Digital King
[IMG200]http://www.pokemonxy.com/_ui/img/_en/downloads/Kalos-Region-Pokemon-X-and-Y_1920x1200.jpg[/IMG200]

Well, seeing as we saw a route signpost.. I think so.
The map probably just shows the main places to go.

Uh... Are there any routes?
Yes, the artwork of the map is always a bit "bland" and not really proportioned, but it's much bigger than it seems in the game. Anyway, I wonder if all of the clouds hide something? I'm suspecting something behind the ones in the north-east, but there's a cloud in the water in the north-west as well and I think there's something there too...

Rayze Darr

Snubbull Supporter
Yes, the artwork of the map is always a bit "bland" and not really proportioned, but it's much bigger than it seems in the game. Anyway, I wonder if all of the clouds hide something? I'm suspecting something behind the ones in the north-east, but there's a cloud in the water in the north-west as well and I think there's something there too...

In the North-East, in that big, snowy area? See how the way the cloud's positioned makes it look like there's a white mountain with a field behind it?

I'm seeing a giant tree with a huge white trunk, not a white mountain. I'm predicting this tree, if it is indeed what I think it is, to be the game's Mt. Silver.

carboncopy

(-) (-) (-) (-)

pokemon.com said that the region is star shaped, so I honesty am starting to think that there this nothing beyond those clouds, atleast we wouldn't be able to go there in game.

Junior12

There was that scene in the trailer that showed a road sign for Route 2.

Ah yes, I remember the signpost now, sorry! I thought I saw a taxi in the second trailer, could this be a form of transportation perhaps?

Status
Not open for further replies.