• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Kalos Region Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Regality

Digital King
The city/town at the top.. is shaped like snorlax. (roughly)

Ah yes, I remember the signpost now, sorry! I thought I saw a taxi in the second trailer, could this be a form of transportation perhaps?
There's also a big number "5" behind the male character in a scene from Lumiose City - could be the way to route 5.

As for the cars, they might be taxis, at least they look like them. They do have a Vanillite (?) thing on top haha, and I guess a big city like Lumiose could have taxis.

Super Nerd 7997

Crazy Plant Guy
karosth.jpg
Well, some interesting stuff here...
  • Stonehenge on the left, with buildings around it. A bit odd, indeed.
  • The bottom left seems to have some rocky cliffs for players to climb. The beach area also looks like it has a cool rock formation.
  • Little island with a cave near the top. Makes me think of the Whirlpool Islands.
  • In the yellowish area, there are several structures that, upon closer inspection, appear to be for generating electricity from various sources.
  • More ruins by the giant snowflake building.
  • The town to the far right appears to have solar panels on its roofs. Also, it's by this weird purple crystal thing poking out of the ice. There are some very odd things around it, too; some sort of bridge to nowhere to the south (perhaps part of a subway system?), and to the north, a cave complex with what appears to be minecart tracks.
  • Giant snowy mountain cave. Need I say more.
  • Strange green ball in the bottom right. Doesn't quite look like a tree to me due to the way the brown things around it are bent.
  • Castle up on the mountaintop. Would be a cool place to put the Pokemon league.
  • That strange complex to the right of Stonehenge. It's a square field with a rounded thing pointed toward it. My first thought was Pokeathalon, but the field has some random hedges on it...
I think just by the sheer presence of bridges everywhere we can assume most of the map will be open to the player.

Luthor

has anyone else noticed that the western most place looks a bit like a stone circle. that could be significant.

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
I SAW STONEHENGE!!! Thank you Game Freak for adding something British into the region! I bet its a site for a legendary.

Though it suspicously looks like Carnac, France. It definately has elements of Stonehedge though.

Pasque

Where do you think the starting town/city is?

Looks like the small one on the edge of the left (below a small mountain) could be it. It has all the traditional features of a starting town.

But as some of the others have said, it could easily be in one of the larger towns/cities, just to break the mold.

WhiteBlair

ベストチャンピオン。
I think the top left building, like a castle surrounded by two or three houses, is the place for Pokemon League.

Junior12

Just by comparing this map with all the other first-look maps we've gotten of other regions, you can already tell there is going to be so much more to do in X/Y. Can't wait!

blue8arman

Castform Fanatic
The city/town at the top.. is shaped like snorlax. (roughly)

Yeah, it looks like a Snorlax or a teddy bear...

Where do you think the starting town/city is?

For me, I think the one in the west side with four blue roof houses and one brown roof house. The one neat the "Stonehenge"-like town.

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
Wow. I just saw the full map and there's a lot of things here and there. I can't even picture how the path will go.

Regality

Digital King
Guys.

[IMG200]http://s8.postimg.org/f96kem9v9/Come_on.png[/IMG200]

Come on.

TheMaster327

Building above-right of Stonehenge may be a Battle Tower? Any idea what the structure to the right of that is, though?

Also, bottom-right, the thing that looks like a Land Forme Shaymin on four tree trunks, what do you think that is?

Hehe, Snorlax-city. I wonder what the big tree clock thing is in the middle of it though.

Liltwick

Just your Sleepy FIzzy Mod
I'm glad to see the map up close, the region looks very like Renaissance or Victorian era Francw. Also, what's that purple thing right above the snow area? It looks like a sort of crystal and has special porperties or will be a dungeon... Of course I can see Yggdrasil under the clouds...

Yeah, I don't see anything beyond the clouds in all honesty.

Region looks great for the most part. Large, expansive, lots of different climates (though I do wish there were region exclusive areas).

Hopefully it will not be linear. Some areas look a little isolated, but the big central area looks like it could be an access point to many areas.

No sea routes really (minus the Island in the North), but minor quibbles.

PKMN KING

Ozymandias
I think that castle on the right or that modern castle by carnac is the pokémon league...I also believe the town under the carnac/pokéleague will be the starting town.
This will be the third time that a league is close to the starter town (kanto en johto)

Status
Not open for further replies.