• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Kalos Region Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

metalbryce

Observer
I've always kind of wanted side-quest or just quest in general. They've touched on it very little, but its usually just small things that only take like 5 minutes. I think interacting with more NPC's would be nice, and give a better worldly sense.

I hate to say it...but like in the Anime where they help people accomplish certain goals or something.

It would be cool, but I'd want good incentives. Like giving me medals and stuff doesn't really justify the time. Maybe like if I got eggs of rare Pokemon or something like that.

WNDR

I've always kind of wanted side-quest or just quest in general. They've touched on it very little, but its usually just small things that only take like 5 minutes. I think interacting with more NPC's would be nice, and give a better worldly sense.

I hate to say it...but like in the Anime where they help people accomplish certain goals or something.

I wouldn't mind something similar to the orange islands from the anime maybe put it pox game to beef up that bit a bit more.
Mini game competitions or tasks, like catch me one of these super rare pokes then return, idk.

MrDuck

Close, but what about Janine? Does she count as a new leader?

I make it:

6:
Water (Misty, Wallace, Juan, Crasher Wake, Cress + Marlon)

4:
Electric
Normal

3:
Rock
Grass
Poison
Fire
Flying
Fighting
Ice
Dragon

2:
Psychic
Ground
Bug
Ghost
Steel

1:
Multi-Type

0:
Dark

So, I'd like to see...
Dark, Steel, Ghost, Bug, Ground, Psychic, Poison and (New Type) as Gyms. In any order.

Yeah I didn't add gym repeats like Lenora/Cherry, Juan/Wallace or Koga/Janine. Or blue for some reason I didn't add either :p.

kesha140

The Little Monster
I think i may have come up with some things.
First, Lumiose City has sewers= French Catacombs= new Pokemon burial ground.
Second, Paris is the City of Lights= a light type gym leader (if the type is introduced)
lastly, Louvre= the gym in Lumiose city

metalbryce

Observer
So, question: Is there anything in France that the northern desert area could represent? It looks like there's a lot of different things happening in that area and I wonder why

So, question: Is there anything in France that the northern desert area could represent? It looks like there's a lot of different things happening in that area and I wonder why

Well, there's the possibility that it could be the desert in Southern Spain.

metalbryce

Observer
Well, there's the possibility that it could be the desert in Southern Spain.

I guess so, but that seems geographically strange. It's also very weird. A river goes right through it so it has a reliable water supply, so I wonder why the climate would be different? I also think it's weird that there's five different structures in the desert. We've never had such an occupied desert.

General Nonsense

Star Glider
I guess so, but that seems geographically strange. It's also very weird. A river goes right through it so it has a reliable water supply, so I wonder why the climate would be different? I also think it's weird that there's five different structures in the desert. We've never had such an occupied desert.

Maybe it's a research area.

metalbryce

Observer

tomatohater

Golden Sun 4?
I want the Kalos Region to be twice the size of Unova at least. Just because Unova was tiny and I wanted to do a lot more adventurin'! Also, I would like more forests to get lost in and bigger towns and cities!

Rikku Takanashi

Adventuring Vulpix
I think its a area for generating power so I bet we will find Helioptile and other electric and desert deweling Pokemon

Also has anybody thought that instead of a Poke Tower where Pokemon are buried the Catacombs under Luminos City will act as that think of all the Ghost and Dark types you could find in there

Also someone mentioned a while ago that the one area that looks fenced in way over by the coast could be a Daycare I don't think so because if you look closely it looks like pillars so I think its a old roman style ruin course I guess that could double as a Daycare but I dunno

metalbryce

Observer
Manmade environment? Not very likely, but who knows.

It could be because it doesn't look very natural. But then part of me says no because it literally touches Lumiose and I don't think man made settlement would do so. Plus I think Kalos will be a lot more spiritual/natural than technological.

I want the Kalos Region to be twice the size of Unova at least. Just because Unova was tiny and I wanted to do a lot more adventurin'! Also, I would like more forests to get lost in and bigger towns and cities!

I agree. It looks like we'll get a lot more to do than Unova. Godddd I just can't wait to explore it all and flesh it out. Is it weird that I interact with like every NPC on my first time through?

I think its a area for generating power so I bet we will find Helioptile and other electric and desert deweling Pokemon

Sad that I just realized it'll be a perfect area for Helioptile. I was picturing it being on the first route like Shinx but a desert makes a lot more sense for an electric lizard.

Last edited:

General Nonsense

Star Glider
I agree. It looks like we'll get a lot more to do than Unova. Godddd I just can't wait to explore it all and flesh it out. Is it weird that I interact with like every NPC on my first time through?

I do that too, you never know when someone's going to give you a TM or something! I hope that the routes are large with plenty of places to explore!

Ditto24

[QUOTE

Sad that I just realized it'll be a perfect area for Helioptile. I was picturing it being on the first route like Shinx but a desert makes a lot more sense for an electric lizard.[/QUOTE]

In the screenshots, it is fighting on a grass field so it might be early, although it was like lv20 as well wasn't it? nvm

General Nonsense

Star Glider
[QUOTE

Sad that I just realized it'll be a perfect area for Helioptile. I was picturing it being on the first route like Shinx but a desert makes a lot more sense for an electric lizard.

In the screenshots, it is fighting on a grass field so it might be early, although it was like lv20 as well wasn't it? nvm

I'm pretty sure that the level was just set for the trailer. They've done that before I believe.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
Also someone mentioned a while ago that the one area that looks fenced in way over by the coast could be a Daycare I don't think so because if you look closely it looks like pillars so I think its a old roman style ruin course I guess that could double as a Daycare but I dunno

My guess is the Daycare is on the route east of the Y shaped mountain.

Ditto24

Random question but do people still want the 'gates' that separate the cities from the routes? Coz I'm really not a fan of them, it makes me feel like I'm playing a level game rather than playing in an open world/map, only Hoenn and Johto got it rally right for me (not that I didn't like the other regions). It may not bother anyone else but just wanted to know

Status
Not open for further replies.