• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Kalos Region Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm thinking that any new "pokemon smash" info will probably region centred. I doubt they'll reveal a new type after a week of solid info. Region stuff is more low-key.

I'm thinking that any new "pokemon smash" info will probably region centred. I doubt they'll reveal a new type after a week of solid info. Region stuff is more low-key.

Yea i was thinking just now that it will most likely just show some footage. I would like it to confirm some new areas like the snowy area at the top of kalos. Maybe showing a gym battle too and showing some new towns. Im still particularly interested in that group of white buildings in the original trailer in the desert.

MrDuck

Ok heres my take on the whole type thing

I frankly don't think they are adding a new type and frankly I don't want a new type

Most types are based on the elements and the ones that arn't which are dragon, psychic, normal, and ghost fits in for different reasons
Dragon: I think this is a japanese view which I think makes alot of sense what better way to beat a dragon then with a dragon you can see this ideal in Dragoons from FF
Psychic: Its a form of mind magic hence why it often covers alot of the magical aspects of things in pokemon (and its a more scientific way if explaining magical events) its always been the opposite of Dark also
Normal: Normal fills in the gaps and covers general attacks that arn't exactly a martial art and not a elemental or dragon etc attack
Ghost: because in japan theres alot of lore on spirits and many of there spirits have a form of magic or energy all their own

now that being said heres my take on the suggested new types iv seen
Sound: Sound is a form of energy but Normal covers that quite nicely and it seems like it would just be spliting hairs to me and iv no idea what its strengths and weaknesses would be
Fairy: im not even sure how you could pin this down into attacks and strengths and weaknesses theres no turely defined fairy magic as theres so many different types of fae in lore
Light: This I could see fitting in I always wondered why they never added it and it would fill out the element table but at the same time it would essentually make psychic useless
Cosmic: could also work to a degree but cosmic lumps in Sun and Moon(which I always considered seprate elements) and would add star, earth and other planets into it so I have no idea how they'd figure out the typing weaknesses and strengths for this
Magic: makes no sense at all theres a infinate number of types of magic how would you define magic as a type unless your talking stage magic which is illusion magic
(two part post DSi has a char limit)

The signs are pointing in the direction of a new type... how else would you explain that sylveon's type beats ice but is weak to poison? I'm not saying you're totally incorrect or anything, whi knows it could be some kind of abilty that makes it weak to poison or something.

Kalos Map.jpg

This is the map of the Kalos region (duh). But I've spent an hour toiling over where the hell that tree could be. I'm no genius, but I think it's in one of the circled spots.

Red Circle: It's a bush in the middle of nowhere. Since the tree looks man-made, why couldn't it be the secret base of the team? It could be massive up in the branches, and hold an entire base in the roots too, with an elevator through the 'tree'. And when the bottom is compromised, the elevator is switched off, and the player would have to climb the tree like in the trailer.

Yellow Circle: This Stonehenge thing has me intrigued. I think it's real world resemblance of ancient doings gives it an air of holding some secrets, like a massive mother f*ckin' tree poppin' outta dat ground.

Yellowish Orange Circle: This cloud near the Red Circle is hiding something. There's not going to be huge clouds over some of the southern region, and a single cloud on this map.

Pink Circle: Ah crap, I thought that I had circled The big mountain's cloud and the small one above the caves. Let's pretend I did. It's a mountain, and that has played some semblance for 'final' battles, with either the legendary Pokemons or the team's leader.

Purple Circle: This tree in the supposed starting town could be a very good contender as the tree, and the old town is the 'guardian' of the tree, blah blah blah. It is a great reason to actually come back to the starting town, and make it much much much more important to the story.

Sorry this is rushed, I had to type it quickly.

Blackjack the Titan

It’s been a while
Yea i was thinking just now that it will most likely just show some footage. I would like it to confirm some new areas like the snowy area at the top of kalos. Maybe showing a gym battle too and showing some new towns. Im still particularly interested in that group of white buildings in the original trailer in the desert.

I'd like the map to be the picture the Smash! cast always gawks at. Then Masuda could tell us a bit about the region's landscapes and biome varieties.

metalbryce

Observer
View attachment 9223

This is the map of the Kalos region (duh). But I've spent an hour toiling over where the hell that tree could be. I'm no genius, but I think it's in one of the circled spots.

Red Circle: It's a bush in the middle of nowhere. Since the tree looks man-made, why couldn't it be the secret base of the team? It could be massive up in the branches, and hold an entire base in the roots too, with an elevator through the 'tree'. And when the bottom is compromised, the elevator is switched off, and the player would have to climb the tree like in the trailer.

Yellow Circle: This Stonehenge thing has me intrigued. I think it's real world resemblance of ancient doings gives it an air of holding some secrets, like a massive mother f*ckin' tree poppin' outta dat ground.

Yellowish Orange Circle: This cloud near the Red Circle is hiding something. There's not going to be huge clouds over some of the southern region, and a single cloud on this map.

Pink Circle: Ah crap, I thought that I had circled The big mountain's cloud and the small one above the caves. Let's pretend I did. It's a mountain, and that has played some semblance for 'final' battles, with either the legendary Pokemons or the team's leader.

Purple Circle: This tree in the supposed starting town could be a very good contender as the tree, and the old town is the 'guardian' of the tree, blah blah blah. It is a great reason to actually come back to the starting town, and make it much much much more important to the story.

Wait why are you circling trees? What tree are we looking for? And why?

Have you seen the giant tree in the very first XY trailer?

Ditto24

View attachment 9223

Most people are 90% sure that the starting town is in the south.

metalbryce

Observer
Have you seen the giant tree in the very first XY trailer?

The only one I can see is the one Xerneas is standing in front of, but it just looks like a big, old tree to me. I wasn't aware anyone thought there was a mystery behind it.

The giant tree with the vines?
And all the people I've talked to and Gamexplain think it's in the north. Where is there a town that's isolated and has a good looking lablike feature near it?

Blackjack the Titan

It’s been a while
The only one I can see is the one Xerneas is standing in front of, but it just looks like a big, old tree to me. I wasn't aware anyone thought there was a mystery behind it.

I think he means the tree where the protagonist swings on the vines.

metalbryce

Observer

Oh. I could be in any town because we only see about 10 ft vertically of the tree. It could be anything. Like a circular building that has a cross-section of tree placed/built in its center. I don't think it's something we can find on a map.

Blackjack the Titan

It’s been a while
View attachment 9223

Obviously the area where the clouds are is something post-E4 that we'll be able to access.

But what? Is the legendary going to be post E4 or pre? It this kinda stuff that we 'speculate' about guys.

Blackjack the Titan

It’s been a while
But what? Is the legendary going to be post E4 or pre? It this kinda stuff that we 'speculate' about guys.

Pre E4 like sinnoh sounds better. Accessing tha area before facing the E4 sounds appropriate.
I really disliked catching Reshiram/Zekrom after fighting the E4 because I knew I was going to catch it after battling every elite and I had to leave one space open in my Pokemon league team just to catch Reshiram after the E4.

No... You didn't. When you catch Reshi/Zekky it asks you if you would like to put a Pokemon in the PC to make room for them.

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member

There was never a tree with vines.

It's a man-made tower that is made to look like a tree.
The walls are painted white. And those are ropes not vines.
The top could be the vines falling down from the rooftop garden.

Ditto24

There was never a tree with vines.

It's a man-made tower that is made to look like a tree.
The walls are painted white. And those are ropes not vines.
The top could be the vines falling down from the rooftop garden.

Yeah, I thought it was man made. In my head I thought you had to climb it all the way to the top and then you drop down a hole and land on the web inside the bug gym. But now rumours are saying that bug is the first gym and that puzzle seems way to extravagant for the first gym.

EliJolesy

it would be cool. however, i expect it they are there for aesthetic reasons. i think they may be putting them in to make the game seem more realistic and show off graphics. but who know...maybe you can ride the taxi, but it would probably make the riding gogoat and fly sort of redundant.

If we can use the taxi service it may be just like the trains in the Generation II where the trains only go to a select few places.

The giant tree with the vines?
And all the people I've talked to and Gamexplain think it's in the north. Where is there a town that's isolated and has a good looking lablike feature near it?

I thought people were saying it was the clock tree type thing. If I had to take a guess, because that clock tree thing is in the autumn part of the region, it would be in that big forest it looks like we have to go through to get to that castle showed in the first trailer and that town with the Roselia fountain.

And if its manmade like some are saying, its probably a gym...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.