• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Kalos Region Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blackjack the Titan

It’s been a while
No... You didn't. When you catch Reshi/Zekky it asks you if you would like to put a Pokemon in the PC to make room for them.

I don't remember that. Proabbly because I had already had a slot in my team for Reshiram.

It's a man-made tower that is made to look like a tree.
The walls are painted white. And those are ropes not vines.
The top could be the vines falling down from the rooftop garden.

Oh, I see.

So what is the big tree in the first XY trailer Maya was ttalking about then?

EliJolesy

I don't remember that. Proabbly because I had already had a slot in my team for Reshiram.

Oh, I see.

Well I guess people are saying the tree Xerneas appeared in front of is some special tree. Which means the clouds Yveltal is shown with is some special kind of clouds too.... Hmm mmm!

Oh, I see.

the big giant tree located on the northern island of Kalos, speculated to be the pokemon version of the Yggdrasil tree.

metalbryce

Observer
I wouldn't see the point in taxis. We've already got
Walking Skating
Gogoating Flying Surfing

Maybe even a boat system for all those rivers. I don't see the point in adding another form of transportation. Unless they could provide a unique benefit? I don't know.

EliJolesy

the big giant tree located on the northern island of Kalos, speculated to be the pokemon version of the Yggdrasil tree.

If you zoom in that's a cave with grass or something on top of it.

Helcate

Penguin Master
One thing I'd find cool in the new region, is if there was talk amongst the NPCs about a war that happened 60 years ago or something. Kinda hinting that the Pokemon world had a WWII/WWI knowing that the region is based off of France. And maybe there'd be a beach that'd have bunch of bones of pokemon from P-Day

fitzy909

Just another guy
One thing I'd find cool in the new region, is if there was talk amongst the NPCs about a war that happened 60 years ago or something. Kinda hinting that the Pokemon world had a WWII/WWI knowing that the region is based off of France. And maybe there'd be a beach that'd have bunch of bones of pokemon from P-Day

sounds a bit grim for pokemon, but i like the idea. maybe not the same as you just said, but similar. i would like to know that maybe they had a war with pokemon as weapons, but again not exactly the style of poekmon.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
And all the people I've talked to and Gamexplain think it's in the north. Where is there a town that's isolated and has a good looking lablike feature near it?

The town doesn't need to be near the Professor's lab, recall in BW2 that the starting city was on the other side of the region.

There's more evidence that the starting town is the red roofed town west of the red circled tree, since Rt. 3 is not far off from that point (Rt. 3 is north of the forest in that stretch of Kalos).

Regality

Digital King
COME ON UK!
Watching Eurovision xD

Anyone reckon they will ever connect all regions in one game?

The town doesn't need to be near the Professor's lab, recall in BW2 that the starting city was on the other side of the region.

There's more evidence that the starting town is the red roofed town west of the red circled tree, since Rt. 3 is not far off from that point (Rt. 3 is north of the forest in that stretch of Kalos).

I never got around to buying BW2, I bought a bass guitar instead, and I just looked up the storyline later.
I think I'll just need a map of the region when you guys are talking...

EliJolesy

I haven't played B2W2 so how would we get our starter if its halfway across the region?

CrusherTheFeraligatr

Strider: Spider King

Blackjack the Titan

It’s been a while
Pffftttchh

I want the starting city up in the north for once.

That's what I thought happened in Platinum because of all of the snow in the starting town. I thought Twinleaf Town was moved to the north and Snowpoint was going to be off to the east of northern Sinnoh.

It is highly unlikely they'd place the starting town in the north. They've mostly been at the south, southwest, south east, east, and west.
A Northern starting area would be nice though.

metalbryce

Observer
That's what I thought happened in Platinum because of all of the snow in the starting town. I thought Twinleaf Town was moved to the north and Snowpoint was going to be off to the east of northern Sinnoh.

It is highly unlikely they'd place the starting town in the north. They've mostly been at the south, southwest, south east, east, and west.
A Northern starting area would be nice though.

You thought they'd move an entire town...?

SonicBull

Trololo
Well, I have many things to think about and to say with this new region. I'll try to sum them up the best I can. First off, I like that they're continuing with using real-life places as regions, but I don't understand France. For the first four, I can see why they used Japan, because that's where the game originated. New York makes sense because they use some Pokemon that relate to real animals and things in the city, such as pigeons and trash. But France? I don't understand why they have a Pokemon that is supposed to resemble a Japanese robin while in France.. Also, the map looks really interesting and I think (and hope) it's going to be quite the large region. I'm pretty excited!

Pokefan1905

Hey it's pokemon, anything can happen. There was Landorus, Tornadus and the other one *Can't remember* which were more japanese in New York so..

But I have to agree that it is hands down the largest region. Lumiose City is only that large on the map.

Status
Not open for further replies.