• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Kalos Region Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flame Mistress

I'm way too excited! I wonder if the name of the new region will have something to do with Chromosomes.
I bet that the third installment (if there is one) will be called Pokémon Chrome. :p

Chromosomes are XY for males and XX for females, so it would have to have been Pokemon XX and XY if that was actually true. Just sayin'.

I wonder why they chose France, out of all places, which is basically a giant hexagon.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
Yeah, I'm definitely getting a Paris vibe from this new region. I like that new desert observatory area, that's really neat and creative (even if it is based on somewhere IRL).

Since the 3DS supports DLC we'll probably be getting additional areas via DLC

I'm hoping this will happen, actually, it'd be a great way to extend the game's longevity and fill in gaps for the National Dex.

I wonder why they chose France, out of all places, which is basically a giant hexagon.

Dammit, I thought we were done with the terribly designed hexagonal regions.

Okay, that was a joke. But seriously, if they ever make a region as poorly designed as Unova again, I'm quitting Pokemon.

Last edited:

carboncopy

(-) (-) (-) (-)
Guys what do you think the theme of this region is ?
my first thought would say genetics coz of x and y, but that would be a repeat of kanto.

Flame Mistress

Okay, that was a joke. But seriously, if they ever make a region as poorly designed as Unova again, I'm quitting Pokemon.
You're not alone on that one. =/

my first thought would say genetics coz of x and y, but that would be a repeat of kanto.
If you mean the names for the cities... uh, maybe bread? This is Paris, after all.

Axel.

I hope that they make the region way bigger than the previous ones. The main draw of the pokemon games for me is the exploration and having a huge 3D region to explore would be awesome.

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
If you mean the names for the cities... uh, maybe bread? This is Paris, after all.

I actually thought of this one too.
Or maybe cheese., wine and perfume. France is famous for these things.

x0MoMusica0x

Europe is simply beautiful. Maybe we get to cruise on a ship to all the other places that this new region will have? seeing as the graphics look even more realistic, i think that us sailing around is definitely a possibility

foxxface

I'm really curious about the statue of Golurk, Palipitoad, and Eevee. It also looks like a person there standing in front. Maybe a legendary trainer of some sorts?

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
I'm really curious about the statue of Golurk, Palipitoad, and Eevee. It also looks like a person there standing in front. Maybe a legendary trainer of some sorts?

Possibly an important person such as story character, an NPC who owns that huge building, or just a statue of a random man.

Andymac93

In regards to the Version names i think it refers to the Dimensions or Axis', the X an Y axis', assuming they make a special third version i imagine it'll be Z version, referring to the new 3D aspect of the games, encompassing the X,Y and Z axis'.

GalladeofSpades

Imaginative 24/7
In regards to the Version names i think it refers to the Dimensions or Axis', the X an Y axis', assuming they make a special third version i imagine it'll be Z version, referring to the new 3D aspect of the games, encompassing the X,Y and Z axis'.

I agree with this. Very very much.

Anyway, if the region is based on france, then we can expect famous historical figures acting as gym leaders, like Napoleon or King Luis.

... Wait, didn't we already have a french gym leader? O_O;

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder

Maybe not. X and Y seem to place emphasis on chromosomes in particular, so that wouldn't quite be a repeat of Kanto's theme which is more to do with genetic engineering.

co918

There have been gym leaders making small cameo appearances in previous game, most commonly Crasher Wake. Since we have established that this region is based on France, is it feasible to say Burgh might make an appearance of that sort?

GalladeofSpades

Imaginative 24/7
There have been gym leaders making small cameo appearances in previous game, most commonly Crasher Wake. Since we have established that this region is based on France, is it feasible to say Burgh might make an appearance of that sort?

I was thinking more along the lines of Fantina.

Status
Not open for further replies.