• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Kalos Region Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blesstoise

Squirtle Squad
I never played a game that takes place in Hoenn ;P Sorry!

Anyway, I'm really curious about the lava. Can we catch Pokemon in it (Fishing? Please!) or around it? And why does it look like a part of the building is built into it?

hey, didn't see that the building was into it! maybe a elevator in that building that takes you under the lava:p

Think the rod will melt in the lava haha.

Blackjack the Titan

It’s been a while
Anyway, I'm really curious about the lava. Can we catch Pokemon in it (Fishing? Please!) or around it? And why does it look like a part of the building is built into it?

Lol I'd like to get some kind of special Fishing Rod that can allow us to catch a new Fire,Rock,or Steel type that resides in lava. Fire/Water pokemon wouldn't be too far from living in the water, but I'd rather have something expected like a Ground/Steel fish that swims in lava, 'cause it'd be totally unexpected. Then that Pokemon could help us with crossing lava areas in the region.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
Well that may be implemented in the third game, where all the past Legendaries, or some of them at least, are brought back to be captured. I actually liked how we got the Regis in B2W2 so I'd like another cave adventure rather than the stonehenges to be their comeback.

They shouldn't wait until the next game for that if they want all of the legendaries to be catchable in 6th gen, otherwise we'll get a situation where we have to rely on events or migration to catch all of them.

There'd need to be enough Fire types and lava in the region for that to be a useful method to catch Pokemon, so I doubt it.

Blackjack the Titan

It’s been a while
They shouldn't wait until the next game for that if they want all of the legendaries to be catchable in 6th gen, otherwise we'll get a situation where we have to rely on events or migration to catch all of them.

I liked the migration mini-games in the past generations, plus I'm lazy when it comes to getting old Pokemon from older gens, so I'd rather migrate them and breed them to complete the dex rather than have to go all over the place to finish my Kalos dex post E4. I think this Dex will be pretty big so I'm expecting just a bit over 200 Kalos Pokemon unless it's already been confirmed otherwise.

Also I hope the E4 gets a cooler building or structure. Castles and extravagant halls and buildings are getting old within the previous three gens. I mean, a City-in-the-Sky-like structure where you enter the shop and healing counter in the first building and then you can cross one of four available bridges that represent the Elite's type. Each tower is on a giant airship that keeps it afloat.
It'd be complicated to describe, but pretty interesting imo.

nuzamaki90

Lava-fishing is something if expect in the anime, there aren't that many fire types Id expect to come out of lava besides the Magmar line and the Slugma line, maybe even Torkoal but that's stretching it.

I don't expect Xerneas to be related in any way to the Stonehenge since it doesn't really seem like they go together, and because Xerneas was roaming in a forest.

I wonder if the power plant-like thing in Area 51.....I mean the things in the desert are like the base for the evil team, or maybe they're a deserted lab like P2

Blackjack the Titan

It’s been a while
I certainly find this picture to be a bit iffy since I would not expect Xerneas to be roaming along Kalos's coasts. But maybe the woodland around the stonehenge area is Xerneas's habitat. Yveltal's is a bit of a stretch, but I can see a big Legendary vulture-wyvern to be flying around a Mountainous area, hence the mountain district speculation that this cheezburgr pic presents.

SlowPokeBroKing

Future Gym Leader

I don't really care how off topic this is, I'm just curious how you can consider Ruby and Sapphire overrated if you've never even played them.

TanBun

I'm back :3

Or, or there are a few pokemon that are able to walk/swim (or at least resist the heat) through them!
Like Torkoal, or Thyplosion and things like that

PKMN KING

Ozymandias

Maybe it's not lava, but just a giant piece of plastic that looks like lava...
Remember that old James Bond movie with the fake volcano?
Aha!
It's a base for the evil team!

Vecherom

Lavaridge Trainer
With the interesting design of the geography I think we can start to expect some interesting typing combonations. I'm thinking a Fire-Grass, and the lave makes me think Fire-Water, Fire- Steel, or a whole new Magma type.
Okay scratch that last part because it sounds dumb x)

Takaru

Werk, Werk, Werk
I wonder if we really are going to go a different way depending on which version we get.

MidnightFennekin

Unwashed skank
I wonder if we really are going to go a different way depending on which version we get.

Seems so. It'd make for a good excuse to get the two different games, wouldn't it.

Also, what if that little island is full ow Unown? A Legend Unown to us is in there! Get it?

And I seriously hope the thing in the magma is an evil team base ;P

metalbryce

Observer
I don't really care how off topic this is, I'm just curious how you can consider Ruby and Sapphire overrated if you've never even played them.

I don't see him calling them overrated anywhere...

I love talking about the possibilities of lava, but there's only a small patch of it on the map. I'm not expecting much...

arawn

I don't know why but i have the strong feeling that Yveltal will dominate the Stonehenge . I thought of that since i first saw Kalos map .

Skiddsy

Amping It Up
I don't see him calling them overrated anywhere...

I love talking about the possibilities of lava, but there's only a small patch of it on the map. I'm not expecting much...
It's in his sig.

Also, I feel like lava will probably be the same as all the other times we've seen it in pokemon games - something decorative and and obstacle, but not something to interact with. I can't think of a game other than those of first gen that DIDN'T have lava in some way. Blackthorn Gym, Mt. Chimney, Stark Mountain, White 2's Reversal Mounain...

Lava is pretty much a decorative staple? I have no reason to really believe it's gonna be anything different than what it's been in the past games.

CrusherTheFeraligatr

Strider: Spider King
It's in his sig.

Also, I feel like lava will probably be the same as all the other times we've seen it in pokemon games - something decorative and and obstacle, but not something to interact with. I can't think of a game other than those of first gen that DIDN'T have lava in some way. Blackthorn Gym, Mt. Chimney, Stark Mountain, White 2's Reversal Mounain...

Lava is pretty much a decorative staple? I have no reason to really believe it's gonna be anything different than what it's been in the past games.

Huh, most people I know hate hoenn.

And lava is much a decorative staple as rugs.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
Why are people under the impression that X and Y will have different storyline paths? Is it because of Xerneas and Yveltal's speculated locations? That's not reason enough to say it'll happen, they could always restrict you from catching them until the end of the game regardless of when you visit their locations.

Status
Not open for further replies.