• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Kalos Region Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Minedreigon

A monument to all your sins
There could be a DNA pokemon fusion lab! We could fuse pokemon! That would be great. It would work with kyurem.

C.y.a.n

Ace Trainer
There could be a DNA pokemon fusion lab! We could fuse pokemon! That would be great. It would work with kyurem.

How would that be good, really. It would make there be 421201 different pokemon combinations. Too complicated for trading and battling and just ruin the game. It is pokemon, not Yu Gi Oh. They are animals. Kyreum used to be part of the the original dragon, that is how it can fuse with them, no other reason for it. Fusion will not happen

The Super Kid

The Underdog :(
Sorry to change the conversation here, but does anyone else think victory road will be the longest VR ever? I can see it starting from the top-right all the way to that blue and red castle that was predicted to be the E4.
(I'm posting on a phone, and this is my first post, so please accept me into this community :p)

Minedreigon

A monument to all your sins
Sorry to change the conversation here, but does anyone else think victory road will be the longest VR ever? I can see it starting from the top-right all the way to that blue and red castle that was predicted to be the E4.
(I'm posting on a phone, and this is my first post, so please accept me into this community :p)

Mabye. What is the longest currently. And by the way, welcome!

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member

First off, welcome to SPPf.

I do hope that this region's Victory Road is long, harsh, brutal, diverse and very challenging in all aspects (trainers, Pokemon, and terrain).
I'm also hoping that the Pokemon distribution is also good, and possibly filled with strong and rare Pokemon.
Unova's Pokemon distribution in both versions sucked so bad.

The should be plenty of strong trainers too.
Victory Road trainers are normally Pokedex fillers so they better have rare but varied Pokemon in their teams.
There should also be more variation in battle types: triple, rotation, tag, double.

In BW, the trainers are lame. At least they fixed this in B2W2.
But I just wish the trainers had more than 3 Pokemon. Majority only had 2...

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan
Yeah I kinda wish all of them had 6, they are league challengers they should have a full team that can compete with yours, not as strong as the elite four but strong.

General Nonsense

Star Glider
First off, welcome to SPPf.

I do hope that this region's Victory Road is long, harsh, brutal, diverse and very challenging in all aspects (trainers, Pokemon, and terrain).
I'm also hoping that the Pokemon distribution is also good, and possibly filled with strong and rare Pokemon.

Victory Road trainers are normally Pokedex fillers so they better have rare but varied Pokemon in their teams.
There should also be more variation in battle types: triple, rotation, tag, double.

Agreeing with all of this. I hope that the gym leaders and E4 are stronger also.

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?

Never played anything before the fifth generation I presume?

Uhh.. Victory Road had a ton of different pokemon in B2W2, especially compared to older Victory Roads:
- RB: 10 - Onix, Geodude, Graveler, Machop, Machoke, Zubat, Golbat, Marowak and Venomoth. And Moltres.
- Yellow: 7 - Onix, Geodude, Graveler, Zubat, Golbat, Machoke. And Moltres.
- GS: 5 - Graveler, Onix, Rhyhorn, Golbat, and Donphan/Ursaring depending on version.
- Crystal: 6 - Graveler, Onix, Rhyhorn, Rhydon, Golbat and Sandslash.
- RS: 17 - Zubat, Golbat, Geodude, Graveler, Whismur, Loudred, Aron, Lairon, Makuhita, Hariyama, Meditite, Medicham, Mawile/Sableye, and Magikarp, Goldeen, Barboach and Wishcash.
- Emerald: 16 - Same as RS, but with both Mawile and Sableye, while excluding Meditite and Medicham.
- DP: 12 - Machoke, Medicham, Golbat, Graveler, Onix, Steelix, Kadabra, Floatzel, Magikarp, Remoraid, Gyarados, Lapras.
- Platinum: 14 - Golbat, Graveler, Onix, Steelix, Rhyhorn, Rhydon, Gabite, Magneton, Floatzel, Azumarill, Magikarp, Gyarados, Dewgong, lapras.
- BW: 14 - Heatmor, Fraxure, Rufflet/Vullaby, Durant, Boldore, Deino, Woobat, Mienfoo, Basculin, Excadrill, Poliwag, Poliwhirl, Poliwrath, and Terrakion.
- B2W2: 28 - Banette, Golurk, Basculin, Marill, Azumarill, Poliwag, Poliwhirl, Poliwrath, Politoed, Tranquill, Altaria, Audino, Dunsparce, Unfezant, Buizel, Floatzel, Cottonee&Whimsicott/Petilil&Lilligant, Roselia, Roserade, Gurdurr, Throh, Sawk, Boldore, Onix, Excadrill, Druddigon, Zweilous.

Based on this, you apparently don't know what you're talking about.

The biggest jokes, regarding to Victory Roads, would have to be:
- Yellow: Discounting Geodude and Zubat, you're only lefft fighting Graveler, Golbat, Onix and Machoke.
- RS: Yes, second most differing pokemon, but you're not entering a Victory Road to be constantly bothered by: Zubat, Geodude, Whismur, Aron, Makuhita, Meditite.

The more impressive Victory Roads are, without a doubt:
- BW2: Sheer number of diversity and not the usual suspects: No Woobat for instance.
- Platinum: Exactly the opposite of RS in that regard, only exception is that it features Onix and Rhyhorn as unevolved pokemon, but that's okay.

I wonder why they removed Marowak and Venomoth from Yellow. They seemed to be the exceptional additions in RB.

Yeah I kinda wish all of them had 6, they are league challengers they should have a full team that can compete with yours, not as strong as the elite four but strong.

Yeah, but when you consider the E4 only having 4 pokemon as well.. -.-

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
Never played anything before the fifth generation I presume?

Uhh.. Victory Road had a ton of different pokemon in B2W2, especially compared to older Victory Roads:
- RB: 10 - Onix, Geodude, Graveler, Machop, Machoke, Zubat, Golbat, Marowak and Venomoth. And Moltres.
- Yellow: 7 - Onix, Geodude, Graveler, Zubat, Golbat, Machoke. And Moltres.
- GS: 5 - Graveler, Onix, Rhyhorn, Golbat, and Donphan/Ursaring depending on version.
- Crystal: 6 - Graveler, Onix, Rhyhorn, Rhydon, Golbat and Sandslash.
- RS: 17 - Zubat, Golbat, Geodude, Graveler, Whismur, Loudred, Aron, Lairon, Makuhita, Hariyama, Meditite, Medicham, Mawile/Sableye, and Magikarp, Goldeen, Barboach and Wishcash.
- Emerald: 16 - Same as RS, but with both Mawile and Sableye, while excluding Meditite and Medicham.
- DP: 12 - Machoke, Medicham, Golbat, Graveler, Onix, Steelix, Kadabra, Floatzel, Magikarp, Remoraid, Gyarados, Lapras.
- Platinum: 14 - Golbat, Graveler, Onix, Steelix, Rhyhorn, Rhydon, Gabite, Magneton, Floatzel, Azumarill, Magikarp, Gyarados, Dewgong, lapras.
- BW: 14 - Heatmor, Fraxure, Rufflet/Vullaby, Durant, Boldore, Deino, Woobat, Mienfoo, Basculin, Excadrill, Poliwag, Poliwhirl, Poliwrath, and Terrakion.
- B2W2: 28 - Banette, Golurk, Basculin, Marill, Azumarill, Poliwag, Poliwhirl, Poliwrath, Politoed, Tranquill, Altaria, Audino, Dunsparce, Unfezant, Buizel, Floatzel, Cottonee&Whimsicott/Petilil&Lilligant, Roselia, Roserade, Gurdurr, Throh, Sawk, Boldore, Onix, Excadrill, Druddigon, Zweilous.

Based on this, you apparently don't know what you're talking about.

The biggest jokes, regarding to Victory Roads, would have to be:
- Yellow: Discounting Geodude and Zubat, you're only lefft fighting Graveler, Golbat, Onix and Machoke.
- RS: Yes, second most differing pokemon, but you're not entering a Victory Road to be constantly bothered by: Zubat, Geodude, Whismur, Aron, Makuhita, Meditite.

The more impressive Victory Roads are, without a doubt:
- BW2: Sheer number of diversity and not the usual suspects: No Woobat for instance.
- Platinum: Exactly the opposite of RS in that regard, only exception is that it features Onix and Rhyhorn as unevolved pokemon, but that's okay.

I wonder why they removed Marowak and Venomoth from Yellow. They seemed to be the exceptional additions in RB.

It's the number of Pokemon per area in BW2 Victory Road, not necessarily the total number. It's kind of stupid to have just 2 or 3 Pokemon in one area, and it kind of cheapens the concept of BW2's Victory Road being a mishmash of different areas as a sort of "mini Unova". Anyway, I'd love to see them reuse that concept again in this game, that's how I think Victory Road should be, maybe in this game it could be themed after the three different areas of Kalos.

Yeah, but when you consider the E4 only having 4 pokemon as well.. -.-

Trainer rosters across the board in 5th gen are just pathetic. No gym leader has more than 3 Pokemon, and no rival (before post game) or Elite 4 member has more than 4. They need to step it up this game, maybe something like this:

normal trainers: 3 on average is fine, but give them some more if the Pokemon are weaker
rivals: 3-4 by the third battle, full team by the time you reach the League
gym leaders: the first half or so can have 3, but the last few should have at least 4
Elite 4: must have 5. No more, no less
Champion: Should go without saying, but the Champion needs a full team

And then Challenge Mode would be +1 to each gym leader and Elite 4 member

quincymccoy

I know everyone's talking about Victory Road now, but I just came up with a cool idea and felt the need to jump on my noob account and post it.

Many people have speculated a connection between Kalos and the previous regions, because of the whole Pokemon restarting with BW concept.
Anyways, what if Kalos is shaped like a star because each 'point' is where you need to go to advance to a previous region?
5 points = 5 previous regions. I mean, this came has been in development for forever, and I'm fairly sure that the 3DS could handle a large amount of data like that. Now would be a great time to just knock the game out of the park and spike 3DS sales just to get the game. With a worldwide simultaneous release, all of the secrets of the game will be discovered together, therefore it could be a major selling point as to why the game would be so good. Even if only small portions of each of the 5 regions were included, that would be epic. With this addition, previously hard-to-obtain legends would be easy, resulting in less of a need for distribution events.

It would also explain part of why the pokedex needs to be split, as each portion of the Pokedex could cover a combination of Kalos and another region or two.

I know that this must seem like a too good to be true addition, but it would definitely be cool and a great way to get people back into the series!

Thoughts?

PKMN KING

Ozymandias
The least victory road for me was that one in silver/gold...because there where no trainers in the cave...such a fail...except for passingby boy...
Was this fixed in HG/SS?

IrieFuse

Unify To Thrive
I know everyone's talking about Victory Road now, but I just came up with a cool idea and felt the need to jump on my noob account and post it.

Many people have speculated a connection between Kalos and the previous regions, because of the whole Pokemon restarting with BW concept.
Anyways, what if Kalos is shaped like a star because each 'point' is where you need to go to advance to a previous region?
5 points = 5 previous regions. I mean, this came has been in development for forever, and I'm fairly sure that the 3DS could handle a large amount of data like that. Now would be a great time to just knock the game out of the park and spike 3DS sales just to get the game. With a worldwide simultaneous release, all of the secrets of the game will be discovered together, therefore it could be a major selling point as to why the game would be so good. Even if only small portions of each of the 5 regions were included, that would be epic. With this addition, previously hard-to-obtain legends would be easy, resulting in less of a need for distribution events.

It would also explain part of why the pokedex needs to be split, as each portion of the Pokedex could cover a combination of Kalos and another region or two.

I know that this must seem like a too good to be true addition, but it would definitely be cool and a great way to get people back into the series!

Thoughts?

while I do think that a game that allows you to travel to all known regions would be amazing, I don't think right now is the time for that to happen. And I don't think the 3DS can handle THAT much to be honest. maybe another region if anything but not all 6.

Akwakwak

I'm hungry
I just remembered the French Pikachu you receive from a trade with Lt. Surge in HG/SS. Can that be taken as a hint that GF planned the sixth gen in France or is it just a mere coincidence?

IrieFuse

Unify To Thrive
I just remembered the French Pikachu you receive from a trade with Lt. Surge in HG/SS. Can that be taken as a hint that GF planned the sixth gen in France or is it just a mere coincidence?

I'd say it's a coincidence because IIRC, there were multiple foreign pokemon from different places throughout the games.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
The least victory road for me was that one in silver/gold...because there where no trainers in the cave...such a fail...except for passingby boy...
Was this fixed in HG/SS?

None of those problems were fixed in HGSS. They changed up the design a bit to make it feel a bit less half assed by adding a bunch of pitfalls, but it's still just as empty as it used to be.

General Nonsense

Star Glider
Was this fixed in HG/SS?

Though there were a ton of trainers in that route right before victory road, so it wasn't like it wasn't like there were none at all right before the league.

Regality

Digital King
It's the number of Pokemon per area in BW2 Victory Road, not necessarily the total number. It's kind of stupid to have just 2 or 3 Pokemon in one area, and it kind of cheapens the concept of BW2's Victory Road being a mishmash of different areas as a sort of "mini Unova". Anyway, I'd love to see them reuse that concept again in this game, that's how I think Victory Road should be, maybe in this game it could be themed after the three different areas of Kalos.

Trainer rosters across the board in 5th gen are just pathetic. No gym leader has more than 3 Pokemon, and no rival (before post game) or Elite 4 member has more than 4. They need to step it up this game, maybe something like this:

normal trainers: 3 on average is fine, but give them some more if the Pokemon are weaker
rivals: 3-4 by the third battle, full team by the time you reach the League
gym leaders: the first half or so can have 3, but the last few should have at least 4
Elite 4: must have 5. No more, no less
Champion: Should go without saying, but the Champion needs a full team

And then Challenge Mode would be +1 to each gym leader and Elite 4 member

Just wondering.. but why 5? I mean surely it would be better with 6.

Status
Not open for further replies.