1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

The Kalos Region Thread

Discussion in 'Pokémon Generation VI Discussion' started by bobandbill, Jan 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Flame Mistress

Flame Mistress Well-Known Member

Maybe Fantina reappears as an E4? But wait, wasn't she English in the Japanese versions instead of French?

2. AuraChannelerChris

AuraChannelerChris "How did I know that would be your reaction?"

Oh, it certainly does look like the next region is based on France.

I guess there will be more love.

3. Ver-mont

Ver-mont Well-Known Member

Oh. There's that, in the Japanese version she uses English words.

4. Flame Mistress

Maybe your gender counterpart is your love interest? ...Nah, that will never happen.

I thought so. So I guess that means she won't be returning after all.

5. onleal91

onleal91 Member

Yeah I seriously doubt it will be chromosome related. I see nothing that relates to DNA or chromosomes, but a Z version since that is the letter that is lead by X and Y.

6. Mokepon22

Mokepon22 Well-Known Member

logo.png <--- The Japanese logo has the DNA double helix in it though

Last edited: Jan 8, 2013
  7. GalladeofSpades

GalladeofSpades Imaginative 24/7

*insert giant NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO here*

*sigh* Anyway... I actually have my doubts about France. The trailer showed us a desert. I don't really recall any deserts in France.

Instead, I believe this is a WORLD WIDE GYM CHALLENGE . Think about it: the release for this game is world wide, Pikachu starts the trailer by sending lightning all over the world... Maybe France is just A, the home region, or B, one of the many stops on your journey.

8. ThePlasticSanta

ThePlasticSanta New Member

In relation to the region potentially being related to France, just wanted to put my two cents in here. I'm a French major specifically studying the regions of Normandy and Paris right now.

All the talk of the Norse mythology, oddly enough, fits in very well with France. The Normans, who are descendants of the Norse, are the founders of the Normandy region to the west of Paris. The Normans also had a significant impact on Southern England as well. The Normans believed in the Norse myths until the beginning of the 10th century when they began converting to Christianity.

So, my bet, is that northern France, the English Channel, and southern England are the basis for Pokemon X and Y.

9. Ver-mont

There isn't any desert in New York either, and Unova has one.

They just like deserts.

10. GalladeofSpades

GalladeofSpades Imaginative 24/7

I always thought that that desert was just representing a barren wasteland in New york somewhere.

Guess I was wrong.

11. Flame Mistress

They put a desert in New York. They put a desert near where Russia is supposed to be. Anything's possible. Not to mention, game developers seem to love putting deserts into places where they don't belong... like the UK, for example.

Maybe they replaced Gym Badges with some form of Artifacts, which you have to travel around the world and beat bosses of each area to collect, and the E4 is replaced by the final guards of the final boss? Eh, no, that would be way too big of a change.

12. diakyu

diakyu Well-Known Member

The idea to base this off of france came out of nowhere. But I like it and they can do a lot with it.

I don't know why, but I want more forests in this region.

13. Whirl134

Whirl134 Member

Funny how Junichi Masuda just came back from a vacation in France. Maybe he did it for Gen VI ?

14. Ver-mont

It's likely. He also visited New York during Gen V production.

15. carboncopy

carboncopy (-) (-) (-) (-)

Im interested to see how the rival team is dealt with. I hope we have a another guy like N except more evil and a bigger back story.

Edit -

@Ver-mont he did visit nyc. he said he liked it and that's why he wanted to base unova off of nyc.

i think the name of the rival team will start with S ( u know, it will go wit the GRAMPS rumor :D ).

16. Flame Mistress

Seems like it. You don't just randomly take a family trip to France when you're supposed to be working on two new core titles for the second most successful franchise in Nintendo history.

17. Takaru

Takaru Werk, Werk, Werk

If they have the setting being France it'd be a cool idea to put the Chanel Bridge in the game (the one that goes underwater) they could connect it to parts of the UK.

18. carboncopy

carboncopy (-) (-) (-) (-)

woah maybe like a big marine tube like in undella !

19. Silverevilchao

Silverevilchao Scythe-Wielding Chao

*starts doing an overwrought performance of Hellfire*

20. Judas

Judas Well-Known Member

I think it's going to be not just France but Europe as a whole and what the showed was Spain.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.