• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Kalos Region Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

cwertle

Don't Blink!
Tipping seems to increase the shiny encounter rate. At least that's what I heard.

That's interesting, I would like to see some more evidence of this.

Zamin

I also have a male Litleo. Try the GTS maybe? I traded my male Tyrunt with an unwanted nature for a female Tyrunt so now I can breed my own untill I get one I like :D

Posciman

Caught myself a technician female breloom and a drought ninetales. Leaving them at daycare egg up and time for getting a good team.

Addydo

X-Men/Pokemon Fan!
Can anyone tell where I can find Pikachu's Light Ball?! I'd like to breed my Pikachu, but I can't find the Light Ball anywhere?!

NO $aints

used 2 be darkkyurem
How is the region i am getting the game this weekend. Is there a lot of areas you can surf? I also heard there is many references to Hoenn in the game.

Keadin

How is the region i am getting the game this weekend. Is there a lot of areas you can surf? I also heard there is many references to Hoenn in the game.

There is definitely a lot of surfable water in this region. I personally haven't found too many waterfalls yet, but I guess you can't have everything :p

There are several references to other regions, and Hoenn specifically, but after having beaten the Elite Four and entering the post-game I'm pretty sure there are no other regions you can actually travel to. Kalos is all there is. It's pretty big and full of stuff to do, but I can't help but feel a little let down xD

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
Tipping seems to increase the shiny encounter rate. At least that's what I heard.

What do you mean by tipping? You mean we have to tilt our 3DS a certain way or something?

Keadin

What do you mean by tipping? You mean we have to tilt our 3DS a certain way or something?

Tipping as in to give a tip, a bit of money for a service or menial task (according to the dictionary :p). A lot of people in Kalos ask if you want to tip them, including waiters in restaurants and Phil the Photo Guy.

ShadowKreach

So, what's the deal with cafes?

And tipping, for that matter?

Well, I paid for the Terrace seat in the Cafe in Anistar City, and there was a woman back there with an Entei (Not a battle, she just says something along the lines of "Do you want to look at my Pokemon?", and then it counts as being seen in the Pokedex). I'll have to check the others.

Endolise

TengenToppaBoogaloo
How is the region

The region is great; vast, diverse, and it has lots of attention to detail.

Is there a lot of areas you can surf?

Not quite. There is a large bay and a sparse few water routes, but I'd say that for the most part, Kalos has about as much surfing water as Sinnoh.

I also heard there is many references to Hoenn in the game.

There are a few. I haven't yet finished the game, but I've seen about six or seven so far.

Goten21

Hi there. I just completed the Pokemon League at 23 hours playtime yesterday. I got a few questions though.

3. Where do I find the guy/girl who sell evolve stones, like thunderstone and so on?
In Lumiose city, across the street from the fancy boutique (it's in the street which goes downwards from the middle point of Lumiose city (the Eiffel Tower))

M-D

A Backpacker in Ambrette town's hotel says "The Kalos region is nice and all, but you really should check out my region! There's this facility that you wouldn't believe... Ah, never mind. You'll see in due time"

It's such a tease, but saying that "You'll see in due time" sounds - SO - certain. *Represses hype*

Last edited:

Threule

A Backpacker in Ambrette town's hotel says "The Kalos region is nice and all, but you really should check out my region! There;s this facility that you wouldn't believe... Ah, never mind. You'll see in due time"

It's such a tease, but saying that "You'll see in due time" sounds - SO - certain. *Represses hype*

hounn confirmud

Anyone knows in what part of victory road is Psyshock?

Keadin

A Backpacker in Ambrette town's hotel says "The Kalos region is nice and all, but you really should check out my region! There's this facility that you wouldn't believe... Ah, never mind. You'll see in due time"

I haven't seen Hoenn yet, or any other region for that matter. Maybe it'll be unlocked later as part of a special event, or maybe the Global Link is somehow involved. Or, seeing as how that's the way the industry works, different regions will be released as DLC xD

Anyway, so far, having beaten the Elite Four gives you access to Kiloude City (is that a reference to Cloud City maybe?) and the stuff that's there, like the Battle Maison and the Friend Safari (which is a bit underwhelming unless you have boatloads of friends), but no other regions as of yet :(

Endolise

TengenToppaBoogaloo

hounn confirmud

Anyone knows in what part of victory road is Psyshock?

He later says that the region he is referring to is not Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, Sinnoh, or Unova.

almia cunfrrmd

Taylor516

So I'm not the only one noticing Hoenn references? I've come across 5 references to Lava Ridge Town, and on the second floor of the Richissime Hotel in Lumiose City, and elderly couple is in a room, when you speak the woman she says that their first date was the Oceanic Museum (Slateport) and when you speak to the man he says "The 40th anniversary is Ruby, the 45th is Sapphire"
I know speculation isn't allowed to be discussed on this site, but I literally squealed with delight when I saw that. Generation 3 and the Hoenn region were my favorites, and the possibility that they're going to be remade in the breath-takingly beautiful quality of generation 6 and the Kalos region made me absolutely ecstatic :p

Oh I love the museum in Lumiose! It is a way of summarizing the whole kalos region and more. I do love the references to the other region saldo and I wonder how far other regions are from Kalos.

Status
Not open for further replies.