• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Kalos Region Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
So I'm not the only one noticing Hoenn references? I've come across 5 references to Lava Ridge Town, and on the second floor of the Richissime Hotel in Lumiose City, and elderly couple is in a room, when you speak the woman she says that their first date was the Oceanic Museum (Slateport) and when you speak to the man he says "The 40th anniversary is Ruby, the 45th is Sapphire"
I know speculation isn't allowed to be discussed on this site, but I literally squealed with delight when I saw that. Generation 3 and the Hoenn region were my favorites, and the possibility that they're going to be remade in the breath-takingly beautiful quality of generation 6 and the Kalos region made me absolutely ecstatic :p

There are plenty of references to almost every region when you're not just looking for Hoenn ones. I've seen Sinnoh and Unova referenced multiple times, and I believe Kanto and Johto as well.

Tagi

Where do you get cut from, to cut down those trees? I've beaten the elite four but I seem to have missed it?

sheld999

in couriway town there a railway where will this lead to ?? maybe a future event pokemon ??/

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
in couriway town there a railway where will this lead to ?? maybe a future event pokemon ??/

Others speculate that the Couriway railway, and the region the Backpacker is referring to are probably linked.

The only thing we know about this guy's region is that:

:: It's not Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, Sinnoh, Unova, and Kalos
:: It has a really great battle facility
:: There is a Pokemon that resembles the given souvenir
:: The Champion is a really interesting person

Once might think that there is a possible future DLC. But it can also just be a tease for Gen 7.
I wouldn't expect much... yet.

bign0se

Or a nature preserve kind of place when completing the pokedex (national one). I read somewhere that the round charm was back when seeing all Kalos Dex pokemon.

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
I can't quite think of another thread where this would make sense, but the website says Dark Pulse is on Route 15. Where exactly IS it on Route 15?

Go to Route 16. There's a tree you need to cut down, and then you can go surfing where you'll see a Waterfall. After going up the Waterfall, you'll follow the stream upwards until you end up on Route 15 again, where Dark Pulse will be found.

AquaPikachu

A Backpacker in Ambrette town's hotel says "The Kalos region is nice and all, but you really should check out my region! There's this facility that you wouldn't believe... Ah, never mind. You'll see in due time"

It's such a tease, but saying that "You'll see in due time" sounds - SO - certain. *Represses hype*

I am pretty sure that Pokemon Ruby and Sapphire Remake will happen after X and Y

GildedScizor

The drinking bird
I'm not reely* shore* where to put this, but does anyone know if you can still use Dive?
If so, where do you find it?

*puns were intended

It doesn't seem so. You can still use Dive Balls, but I assume those are for fishing purposes.

On another note, does anyone know what the purpose is of Couriway Station?

Kall El

..Silence..
Kalos is A-M-A-Z-I-N-G! Cyllage City is currently my favourite settlement, followed closely by Lumiose!
Everywhere I go, there's that sense of adventure! Hoenn has always been my favourite Region, Kalos isn't far off!

Last edited:

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
Hmm...that is rather interesting..i still think we are going to get a Hoenn remake very soon..maybe in 1-2 years..

Yeah, it could happen, and I'd love for it to, but this guy is definitely not talking about Hoenn.

On another note, does anyone know what the purpose is of Couriway Station?

Doesn't seem like it does anything, at least now. We'll just have to wait and see, though using it to get an event Pokemon has been seen as a possibility.

Odious

あなたは馬鹿
The Gary Oak reference "smell ya later" in Lumiose City made me a little too happy it is my favorite reference out of all the Pokemon games

About this backpacker guy...well, could it be the Orange Islands or an archipelago of some sort, like the Sevii Islands? He says we will see in due time, right? Well...there's a slight lack of post-game, IMO, what they have is great but it could be made longer. And he says it like it's going to happen real soon - maybe in these games. I doubt we'd get Gen 7 next year or even the one after next, so, for me, a DLC would make great sense. Also, about Couriway Station...I'm guessing we've got nothing new on that? Maybe this great facility is the PWT...also, can ssomeone find quotes for this hiker and add a link? I want to know exactly what he said...

Anyways, about the region itself: it's impeccable. Though the Chamber of Emptiness actually being empty and Sea Spirit's Den being for the legendary birds upsets me :(

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
Doesn't seem like it does anything, at least now. We'll just have to wait and see, though using it to get an event Pokemon has been seen as a possibility.

locomotive legendary confirmed

that, or it leads to the origin of the Strange Ornament

Status
Not open for further replies.