• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Kalos Region Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

XXD17

Draco rex
My opinion:
The statue is of a new legendary in a new region.
The region will be based on Italy.
The amazing city he describes is something similar to Veneza.
That is my guess :)
I personally think it may refer to the next spinoff game...like a new pokemon ranger or something...

fitzy909

Just another guy
yeah i can say this was a splendid map they created, but what bothers me why make the map a five star shaped

i guess it is to do with the fact that Kalos's realf life counterpart, France, is pentagon shaped. otherwise, it could just be a coincidence.

confuser987

So we might have an event for the power plant and the train station. What's the purpose of the giant tree hidden behind the clouds on my free kalos map hanging on my wall? Did the game say the legendaries
were from there?

Southern Latios

Nacrene Trainer
So we might have an event for the power plant and the train station. What's the purpose of the giant tree hidden behind the clouds on my free kalos map hanging on my wall? Did the game say the legendaries
were from there?

It could be accesible on the third game or the sequels. Kind of how new areas of Unova were available on Black 2 and White 2.

Acherhar

Holon Cartographer
were from there?

If you mean in the top right corner of the map, that's not a tree, it's the entrance to Frost Cavern north of Dendemille, and behind the clouds seems to be generic green space.

Saturnidae

Bugs!! :3
The other power plants have to be there for something. It would be interesting if they became the first ever event locations not associated with legendaries. :p

Anyway... ah the Kalos region. I have to say It's grown on me a bit but....
It's still my least favorite region.
This is for the same reason I don't like France, or any part of Europe, in the real world.. It's just too.. "civilized." Despite the ridiculous species diversity in Kalos, I feel like more than 50% of the region is a city or town, and if you count the many developed regions in the routes, the area covered by human habitation must be around 60%... As a certain NPC said (in some hotel, forgot where) Kalos (and france) used to be covered in forests. However, there are only two accessible forests in the game, and the region is largely devoid of healthy forests elsewhere. Also, I was excited for the new desert... but I'm rather dissapointed by the luminose badlands. First of all, I'm almost 99% sure it's not a natural desert, I think it came into existence in one of two ways;
1. If you notice, the gate between the luminose badlands and luminose city opens into a river. The BADlands could have once been WETlands, but they were diverted to serve the water needs of luminose city, creating a wasteland where only burrowing creatures that could access underground water sources could survive.
2. Pollution from the power plants, as well as the water needs of the plant, stripped the landscape of most of its plants and wild life.
3. All of the above
WTF ZYGARDE, DO SOMETHING!!!! D:

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
The other power plants have to be there for something. It would be interesting if they became the first ever event locations not associated with legendaries. :p

Anyway... ah the Kalos region. I have to say It's grown on me a bit but....
It's still my least favorite region.
This is for the same reason I don't like France, or any part of Europe, in the real world.. It's just too.. "civilized." Despite the ridiculous species diversity in Kalos, I feel like more than 50% of the region is a city or town, and if you count the many developed regions in the routes, the area covered by human habitation must be around 60%... As a certain NPC said (in some hotel, forgot where) Kalos (and france) used to be covered in forests. However, there are only two accessible forests in the game, and the region is largely devoid of healthy forests elsewhere. Also, I was excited for the new desert... but I'm rather dissapointed by the luminose badlands. First of all, I'm almost 99% sure it's not a natural desert, I think it came into existence in one of two ways;
1. If you notice, the gate between the luminose badlands and luminose city opens into a river. The BADlands could have once been WETlands, but they were diverted to serve the water needs of luminose city, creating a wasteland where only burrowing creatures that could access underground water sources could survive.
2. Pollution from the power plants, as well as the water needs of the plant, stripped the landscape of most of its plants and wild life.
3. All of the above
WTF ZYGARDE, DO SOMETHING!!!! D:

I think one of the main reasons why Kalos lacks that forest-y feel is because the bordering trees are no longer placed side by side like it used to. Try replacing every tree with pine trees and place them side by side without gaps. It would look different.

And yes, Lumiose badlands is NOT a natural desert. Just one thing though... Badlands are not deserts, and deserts are not badlands. Those are two different things so don't compare one with the other. Badlands are dry terrain formed, over time, through deposition and erosion. That area could have once been a forest, a meadow, a river, a lake, a marsh, etc... So I agree with you that the Power Plants had a negative impact on this area.

Anyway, I actually like the Badlands. It's the first terrain of its kind in all of the regions we've been to.

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
It could be accesible on the third game or the sequels. Kind of how new areas of Unova were available on Black 2 and White 2.

Yeah, I think this will be the case.

I think the Battle Chateau will also be updated in future games. Seriously, it's painfully obvious the thing has three floors, yet we can only access the first floor.

Also, there is a small detail that they should've added, regarding that small gondola docked on one side of the Chateau, on the first floor. For whatever reason we can't even see the dock from inside the Chateau, despite being on the same floor.

diakyu

So is there some fairy-tale that would help in explaining why the clock in Laverre has thirteen hours on it?

SerenaForTheWin

Yusarin >_<
So is there some fairy-tale that would help in explaining why the clock in Laverre has thirteen hours on it?

probably they get it through imagination, cause fairy tale always come from fantasizing

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member

Probably a reference to the "Witching Hour".

Or this explanation I found somewhere on the Internet:
Its postulated that thirteen hour or 13 o'clock refers to the actual one minute time span from 12:59am/pm to 1am/pm, in which those whom are and were bound to 3rd dimensional earth live life on a 12 hour clock, but those that were never bound to 3rd dimensional earth live on a 13 hour clock but those that have the ability to exist within both dimension get a full hour to exist, move around and interact within 3rd dimensional earth where time in itself is like on pause or motionless, frozen in time. This is where and when demons and the like do their biding and cause chaos to be unfolded by playing pranks, if you will, to people who are frozen within time (like hiding your car keys in the sofa when you know you placed them on the table, etc.).

It works like this, for every second within that one minutes between 12:59 to 1:00 they gain one minute of frozen time, so technically since theres 60 seconds in a minute, they gain one hour of frozen time, but to us it happens in one second.

MasterofArcanine

Pokecollection Maste
what do you guys think of the chamber of emptiness?

Feels..well Empty. Like they were going to put something there but either decided not to or forgot. All you can find there is I believe the Bannettenite Post-Game. Maybe that will have something in the next game hopefully.

dirkac

I smash your Boxes.
Feels..well Empty. Like they were going to put something there but either decided not to or forgot. All you can find there is I believe the Bannettenite Post-Game. Maybe that will have something in the next game hopefully.

And a Spooky Plate.

Seriously, though, in the Guide it's not even shown or given an entrance, so it's that irrelevant.

dirkac

I smash your Boxes.
Probably because it's something considered post-E4, which isn't covered in the guide.

Yet it's available the moment you beat Wulfric, and all Plates are accessible before Post-Game, so it being rendered Post-Game makes little sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.