• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Kalos Region Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Celestial Moth

Guardian of the Tree of Time
Its an amazing idea. I mean this concept in itself could mean that a battle frontier smiler to the 3rd gen one, might be hybridized with all other battle frontier systems.
The battle frontier within all other games are fine and the "after story-line" activities are fine to. But with the newly created and larger DS console (3ds) we might be able to access more parts of the regions and or the new things created due to the amount of space now being able to be stored on the larger console system.

Flame Mistress

I think it's going to be not just France but Europe as a whole and what the showed was Spain.

Spain has deserts, too?

The light comes specifically from somewhere around France, though. Unless they're planning on totally excluding East Europe, I doubt that's the case.

Scammel

I'm definitely thinking more 'Europe' as opposed to just 'France'. At the very least, it'd be a crying shame to not have a go at capturing some of the continent's best culture and landscapes.

It's France, we even saw Eiffel Tower in a background.

It doesn't necessarily follow that it'll be the sole focus of the region.

artesox

Well, if this is trully in france, the cities names could be related to wine.

Bourgogne, Champagne, Roussillon.... Oh wait...

The funny part is that in the last month I have been talking to my friends about "If the next pokemon is based on Europe"... but I was thinking more in Greece, Italy or the Slavic countries.

Ver-mont

I'm definitely thinking more 'Europe' as opposed to just 'France'. At the very least, it'd be a crying shame to not have a go at capturing some of the continent's best culture and landscapes.

It's just a region, I don't think it would do Europe justice to stuff the whole continent into a single region.

Andymac93

Sounds silly, but i'd be offended, as a European, if they tried to fit a whole continent in one game while it took them 4 generations to cover the main areas of Japan, and one city in the US got a whole game, might just be me, but i think even just all of France would be a bit of a squeeze.

Sarefan

Hylden General.
Well, if this is trully in france, the cities names could be related to wine.

Bourgogne, Champagne, Roussillon.... Oh wait...

The funny part is that in the last month I have been talking to my friends about "If the next pokemon is based on Europe"... but I was thinking more in Greece, Italy or the Slavic countries.
Hah, I like those city names! But I'm more surprised for the fact that they use the Norse Legend of Yygdrasill.

Flame Mistress

It's just a region, I don't think it would do Europe justice to stuff the whole continent into a single region.

Sounds silly, but i'd be offended, as a European, if they tried to fit a whole continent in one game while it took them 4 generations to cover the main areas of Japan, and one city in the US got a whole game, might just be me, but i think even just all of France would be a bit of a squeeze.

Exactly, I mean, they devote four whole regions to Japan and one for New York alone, and then they go ahead and cram Europe into one single region. Marvellous.

One region isn't enough to capture Europe's charm.

Scammel

To me it's more case of doing Europe any justice at all - I doubt they'd set gen 7 a few hundred miles either side, judging by the jump they've made this time round.

Ludicoconut

Water&Grass Trainer
Nice to see that the region will be inspired by France! I love the feeling of nature you get from the pictures as well! Out on the road only you and your team mates^^

TsukiMirage

Rikudou Master
Loving the whole Paris angle. Can't wait to see the rest of the region.

carboncopy

(-) (-) (-) (-)
Since its most prob Paris im interested to see if they show something similar to the eiffel or even the shanzelize or the arch de triomp ( i doubt i spelt that right )

carboncopy

(-) (-) (-) (-)
I just hope that this region is quite expansive, unova in bw felt cramped up, especially since you could visit only half the area before the league.
I hope its another water world like hoenn. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.