• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Kalos Region Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ver-mont

I just hope that this region is quite expansive, unova in bw felt cramped up, especially since you could visit only half the area before the league.
I hope its another water world like hoenn. :)

At the moment, I just hope it's not so painfully linear as Unova. First order of business.

deoxysdude94

Meme Historian
Yeah, judging by that photo, I think this region will be based off Europe. I'm looking forward to seeing what they do! The building in that photo make me think of france, not just the monument.

Scammel

I'd love something like that as a Brit meself, but I'd still quite like see elements of, say, Germany, Spain and Italy. Regions are pretty big nowadays and whilst you'd never be able to get the full scope of all those I still think you could get a pretty good impression of what these places have to offer IRL.

Pasque

Is it me or does it have a bit of a European feel to it? Judging from the few town sceneries you can see.

It'd love a region based loosely on the E.U (a very simplified version of course). There'd be a lot of contrast between the different towns and areas that way.

EDIT: I see a bunch of people have already come to that conclusion^^''

Takaru

Werk, Werk, Werk
I'd really like it if that happens. Makes me wonder why they showcased Paris instead of London, though. and it would totally explain the desert thing

I think just because Paris has the Eiffel Tower, they wanted to showcase a monument where people would instantly recognize it.

Ver-mont

I'd love something like that as a Brit meself, but I'd still quite like see elements of, say, Germany, Spain and Italy. Regions are pretty big nowadays and whilst you'd never be able to get the full scope of all those I still think you could get a pretty good impression of what these places have to offer IRL.

I honestly think that, if New York alone gets to have a whole region dedicated to it, it wouldn't be right to cram as much of Europe as possible into a single region. I still think this one is mainly France (which is a big Pokémon hub), and nothing until now indicates I'm wrong.

Flame Mistress

I think just because Paris has the Eiffel Tower, they wanted to showcase a monument where people would instantly recognize it.

Well, I suppose so. But we have the Big Ben, too...

I wonder what the Eiffel Tower is there for. Maybe it'll be the location of the final showdown between the protagonist and the villain?

Takaru

Werk, Werk, Werk
Oh, I forgot all about Big Ben! Hm, you're right maybe it just is France. I hope not though, because at least we could get some ocean if they use the English Chanel.

I could see some big event happening in that city, like a big disaster or something! An epic battle on top of the tower would be AWESOME.

Chomper4

I think there should be an area based off of the cathedral of Notre Dame.

Flame Mistress

Oh, I forgot all about Big Ben! Hm, you're right maybe it just is France. I hope not though, because at least we could get some ocean if they use the English Chanel.

I could see some big event happening in that city, like a big disaster or something! An epic battle on top of the tower would be AWESOME.

Yeah, we probably do need a water route, too. Though I do wonder why the hell anyone would go surfing across the English Channel.

It could actually be the HQ of the evil team, with it sending out radio signals to modify Pokemon or whatever... but that would be way too similar to GSCHGSS.

Pasque

Japan has historically had a sort of fascination with France/Paris (and vice versa), so I wouldn't be surprised if that is where the region is based on if not the UK or Europe as a whole.

I wonder how they'd represent the ghettos in Paris though O.O
lol

The Benmeister

Master of Magnet
If it is European themed, I would enjoy seeing gyms based off famous monuments, for example the Eiffel Tower, Big Ben, Leaning Tower of Pisa etc.

Ver-mont

what gyms are people hoping for?

Dark, Psychic, Fighting and Ghost, so they won't be made Elite Four again.

Seriously, it's like they purposedly took all the overused Elite types and put them all together in Unova.

My friend's theory is that the region is based off of Canada.

Also, this is my 1st post since 2009. (Excluding that 1 post I made in February.)

France.

You might like to read some of the previous pages.

CptDrDigi

Chickity China
The tower actually made me think of the Blackpool Tower, but I guess an Eifel Tower works to. But I have to wonder where the desert area comes from. Maybe from a Turkish area?

7 tyranitars

I am almost certain it is france, the Eifel Tower, the buildings look French and a Versaille like building. The desert region is hard to place though. (Well there isn't a desert in NYC either where BW took place)

carboncopy

(-) (-) (-) (-)
I am almost certain it is france, the Eifel Tower, the buildings look French and a Versaille like building. The desert region is hard to place though. (Well there isn't a desert in NYC either where BW took place)

ai think the desert in unova was supposed to be ground zero. thats why its all rebuilt in bw2

Status
Not open for further replies.