• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Kalos Region Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
There have been gym leaders making small cameo appearances in previous game, most commonly Crasher Wake. Since we have established that this region is based on France, is it feasible to say Burgh might make an appearance of that sort?

That would be really cool..Burgh is a awesome Gym Leader

misunderstoodhero

Wow this is going to my first post here in....Years.
Yeah, I'd say the Region was a good chance of being specifically French based, and I have no problem with that. I just don't want them to be too realistic about and hope we get a smattering of other countries in there too (Specifically Italy, I love that place)
And yeah, despite the fact that Fantina isn't french in the japanese games, i hope her and Burgh make appearances.

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
I'd love something like that as a Brit meself, but I'd still quite like see elements of, say, Germany, Spain and Italy. Regions are pretty big nowadays and whilst you'd never be able to get the full scope of all those I still think you could get a pretty good impression of what these places have to offer IRL.

Honestly, I think that the most logical thing to do is to have the game include the UK, Western Europe, Northern Europe and the Iberrian Peninsula:

- UK, probably only a small bit..
- Western Europe: France, Netherlands, Belgium, Germany, Switzerland.
- Scandinavia: Norway, Sweden, Denmark.
- Southern Europe: Part of northern Italy, and Spain and Portugal.

In Best Wishes, we can see something that looks a lot like europe on the map, hence why I'm saying this..

This would leave for a lot of room for seafaring routes, where otherwise, you'd have very little, considering the geography of France.

Call me crazy..

I honestly think that, if New York alone gets to have a whole region dedicated to it, it wouldn't be right to cram as much of Europe as possible into a single region. I still think this one is mainly France (which is a big Pokémon hub), and nothing until now indicates I'm wrong.

Nothing indicates that you're completely right as well. I do believe France played a part in the concept, but think about what I wrote above.. They took NYC's outline, and threw mountains and a desert on top of it. It's not as if they really used 'New York', aside for Castelia City. We have one city that has an Eiffel Tower-like structure, and Pikachu shooting of a Thunderbolt from the real Eiffel Tower in France.

ryanthehuman

If the region is based on France then I hope there's a disneyland-esque area. They could tie it in with the Pokestar studios! Brycen cameo?

Scammel

wasnt it being rebuilt in bw 2 ?

A new residential area was built, but I think it's a bit of a stretch to associate it with Ground Zero.

They took NYC's outline, and threw mountains and a desert on top of it. It's not as if they really used 'New York', aside for Castelia City.

Call me a small-minded European, but outside of Castelia, Clay and a couple of Pokes such as Braviary, I didn't get much of a US vibe at all. Again, it seems as though they could have done a lot more with it.

ProfessorN

Veteran Trainer
I was hoping for them to base a region off Britain, (as I live here) but it looks like it will be more on France. Annoying as Britain is much more interesting geographically but I love the rural feel and the old style towns.

I was hoping for them to base a region off Britain, (as I live here) but it looks like it will be more on France. Annoying as Britain is much more interesting geographically but I love the rural feel and the old style towns.

We could have a island in the game based on the UK :)

725roy

ambivolent
Personally, I think this adventure will be on a scaled down version of Europe, and the Parisian city is like the Castelia city of this new region. The statued area with the official looking building looks like it could pass as England... IMO

blackarcanine123

I don't want to sound rude and no offence if your french but I personally feel that France although a beautiful country is not expansive or has a lot of variety to become a region on its own. Though I do think it can be a central part of what I think is a European based region. I think France Germany UK Italy (hopefully an evil mafia like gang is going to be located there) Spain turkey and Nordic countries are going to be in there. This will give a variety of region areas like a Mediterranean coastal area a Paris like city the market of Istanbul or even the cold tundra areas like Norway.

Ver-mont

I think stuffing so much of Europe into a single region would be wasting potential from the countries that could even be used for other regions. Every country in Europe has its own identity and its particularities, and they could produce regions as diverse between themselves as the ones based in Japan.

I honestly don't know why people would like this region to be Europe all-in-one. Just a haste to see the other parts of the continent pokémon-ed, even if it feels crammed and superficial?

Andymac93

Personally, I think this adventure will be on a scaled down version of Europe, and the Parisian city is like the Castelia city of this new region. The statued area with the official looking building looks like it could pass as England... IMO

I strongly disagree, that building is clearly inspired by Versailles. I think it'll just be France as all of the references shown so far, are all strongly French, not British, Spanish, Italian or anything else European.

Scammel

I honestly don't know why people would like this region to be Europe all-in-one. Just a haste to see the other parts of the continent pokémon-ed, even if it feels crammed and superficial?

I don't think it's so much 'haste' as 'desire to see it happen in our lifetimes' - as I said before, gen 7 almost certainly won't be set just 30-odd miles away across the channel, or anywhere else nearby. Besides, it's not as if any of the games are going to be a detailed cultural commentary, just look at Surge, Clay and Fantina for portrayal of characters from different countries. Really, I think people just want to be able to have a little place in the Pokemon world of their own to associate with.

superyellowduck

Ace Trainer
Looking at the trailer, I don't think it is a Fire type Gym. I think it is a Fire type E4 challenge. I think this region has to be huge - we need the exploration part. I like the whole France thing - but I think it might be more European. France just may be the main contingent.

Status
Not open for further replies.