• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Kalos Region Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pspaans

X&Y Fan
the areas are great, when I opened youtube and before I pressed the nintendo direct livestream I missed, I saw: Pokemon X and Y update news, I thought: wtf?, after seeing how different it is from usual and how great the areas are, I thought: AWESOME

I hope more city and route information comes soon, this isn't enough for me!

Vecherom

Lavaridge Trainer
It does look like it, I think someone said it in this thread.

Oh really haven't been on the thread, just posting my opinion. As for the people speculating that it's going to be all of Europe, or major cities, I must say I do not concur. I feel as if a lot of the cultures are too different, and that the game would be very choppy. Just imagine one second be in France, and another second being in Russia. That would be ridiculous.

stylesbk

@stylesbk
I'll tell you thing i'm looking forward to is finding out how much more detailed things are with it being on the 3DS, i'm going to make the assumption that the region will be bigger then previous ones and most likely have many more secret areas to explore.

Poetry

Dancing Mad
Oh really haven't been on the thread, just posting my opinion. As for the people speculating that it's going to be all of Europe, or major cities, I must say I do not concur. I feel as if a lot of the cultures are too different, and that the game would be very choppy. Just imagine one second be in France, and another second being in Russia. That would be ridiculous.

I don't really think we're going to see a massive wave of French culture pressed upon us. If you think about it, the first four regions in Pokemon were all based on Japan but the only region which really showed obvious signs of Japanese culture was Johto, with Ecruteak City. All of the other locations could have easily been based on numerous locations around the world, not just Japan.

Scammel

Just imagine one second be in France, and another second being in Russia. That would be ridiculous.

If this new region were to hypothetically loosely follow the geography of Europe, they probably wouldn't be a second away from each other.

Judas

the areas are great, when I opened youtube and before I pressed the nintendo direct livestream I missed, I saw: Pokemon X and Y update news, I thought: wtf?, after seeing how different it is from usual and how great the areas are, I thought: AWESOME

I hope more city and route information comes soon, this isn't enough for me!

We'll probably get a few more screenshots in the new CoroCoro on the 15th. Maybe even a silhouette.

I know sinnoh was based off of Hokkaido, but the way the trainers looked in d/p along with the music and fantina kind of reminded me of france..
All I know is that in the XY trailer, the protagonist looks way too similar to Hilbert, and that there is a lot of Unova pokemon there..

Vecherom

Lavaridge Trainer
Im actually most excited for the new region/ new pokemon aspect more so than mechanics. Whether it be only France or all of Europe it will only be loosely based, and be extremely exciting to explore. Do you think that (Assuming it's only France) France was a good choice? It's certainly different with Paris, the southern sea area, and the farms, but we also have pokemon that already remind me of France. Mismagius, Chandelure, and Ninetales have always reminded me of the country. There are a few more that are eluding me right now.

Ver-mont

Some people are pointing out there are places in the trailer that look like the Vaux-le-Vicomte Chateau and Pic du Midi de Bigorre (besides the obvious Eiffel Tower).

(I don't see reason to expect much more of Europe in it, since it's France Masuda was visiting.)

the1stpkmnfan

Your Big Buff Bro
I feel ashamed, knowing that the Eiffel Tower symbolism was the only thing I could notice that looked familiar. I'm so lame; gotta get more into my studies.

But overall, the region looks very fancy; it has that ring to the look were getting. Graphics wise, they'll grow on me; I mean, this is only the first set of content we got.

claudicado

Celestic Gym Leader
Well, the legendaries seem to be related to the World Tree, Yggdrasill, which is part of the scandinavian mythology. There could be as well some elements from the Nordic countries.

Scammel

Well, the legendaries seem to be related to the World Tree, Yggdrasill, which is part of the scandinavian mythology.

Oddly enough the previous gen had French legendaries, in addition to some other Pokes clearly linked to other cultures (Stoutland). I think we could infer too much from the Pokes themselves.

Dracia

Well, the legendaries seem to be related to the World Tree, Yggdrasill, which is part of the scandinavian mythology. There could be as well some elements from the Nordic countries.

As a fan of nordic mythology I'd love if it would be true. Maybe the whole region will be europe-ish, but every city will have a different country feel? That would be awesome, given how varied Europe is.

I just noticed something- at the beginning of the tailer, when pikachu sends out electricity, right after, the area he's standing on kind of looks like southern europe! I'm sold- its France..

Vecherom

Lavaridge Trainer
I really do like the stag. Im getting that version.

Chimchar15

Looking at the trailer, I don't think it is a Fire type Gym. I think it is a Fire type E4 challenge. I think this region has to be huge - we need the exploration part. I like the whole France thing - but I think it might be more European. France just may be the main contingent.

Honestly I see a gym mostly because they never reveal anything with the elite four until the games are out. I remember back before black and white came people speculated that Lenora's gym was an elite four challenge as well. It's fire so it has to look intense and this could just mean it's one of the later gyms.

Vecherom

Lavaridge Trainer
Honestly I see a gym mostly because they never reveal anything with the elite four until the games are out. I remember back before black and white came people speculated that Lenora's gym was an elite four challenge as well. It's fire so it has to look intense and this could just mean it's one of the later gyms.

It's also France, so it had to be dramatic

Status
Not open for further replies.