• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Kalos Region Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

blue8arman

Castform Fanatic
I highly doubt we'll be getting the Pokeathlon back. If anything, some of the attractions were pretty much exclusive to certain regions:
Johto - Pokeathlon
Hoenn - Contests
Sinnoh - Super Contests
Unova - Battle Subway/Pokemusicals

I want contests back,too. I also want a new Safari Zone cause Generation V doesn't have any.

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
I want contests back,too. I also want a new Safari Zone cause Generation V doesn't have any.

I think Dream World was the larger substitute to the Safari Zone, the reason why we didn't get one.
Although I agree with you about having a in-game Safari Zone -- one that has rare, exotic & exclusive creatures.

I'm praying for a return to contests!
But greatly improved in 3d graphics!
Something like picking two moves to use, and draw the path you want them to take
And the point you want them to explode or what ever.
Would be really great!!!
------
And if we were to get something brand new
I'm thinking of France here
Fashion shows?
But contests are just like fashion shows, except not for clothes but for showcasing your Pokemon and its moves.

3D RSEmakes, hopefully...

I really want tons of little towns, spread across the countryside, so there's more roads, paths, woods, map overall to explore. The big cities have nice big gyms, little cities have a strong trainer who will battle you everyday, and they'll get stronger too, so you can grind like post-game Nimbasa City.

A Tour de [insert region name here]? Where you're on your bike (hopefully different kinds, like Mach and Acro) and it's a bi/tri-athalon, and Pokemon's moves can help you, and you battle trainers on the go, where the Speed stat helps in the race's battles, since they're moving, and it's 1 Pokemon entry, and if you're beaten you're out...

Aurath8

I think Dream World was the larger substitute to the Safari Zone, the reason why we didn't get one.
Although I agree with you about having a in-game Safari Zone -- one that has rare, exotic & exclusive creatures.

It makes you wonder why they didn't just incoporate the Dream World into the Entralink's Dream Forest or Fennel's lab or something. Of course there won't be an art shift, but most of it could work just as well on the DS. It throws up the interesting vision of controlling a pokemon's overworld sprite as it roams a version of the dream world that uses the game's engine.

I wonder if the Dream World will fall out of use now, will there be maintenance for more than a couple months after X and Y come out?

Oshakpop

Eeveelution Master
I wonder if the Dream World will fall out of use now, will there be maintenance for more than a couple months after X and Y come out?

I thought about this the other day too. I'd think in the coming months the Dream World will be shut down for a few months, unless they are planning to use something new or even just leaving it and having something new like the Dream World in the next game. I can't see them being able to shut it for a few days/weeks without there being tons of bugs.

Maybe in the months of 'maintenance', they're just redoing it so Dream World can be a secondary transfer system, like putting a Pokemon on your Island and connecting an XY cart to it can make a new transfer, but can only be used Post-Game. That way, DW will still be used by some for a while, but it will fall out of grace in due time.

MidnightFennekin

Unwashed skank
I'm hoping that Fashion shows, The London Eye, Gargoyles and a more serpentine Loch Ness Monster are all added to these games. And maybe Elesa showing up Jasmine style, with her commenting on the london eye building being a lot simialer to Nimbasa's own, plus her in fashion shows. Elesa: Are you ready? Me: Yes ^-^ Elesa: Gimme what I need! Me: An Emolga evo?

And more Habitats. Must have them. EUrope is versitile. Just give us proper Volcanoes GF, PLEASE!!!

Maybe, since it's an idea floating around that X and Y have been in production since BW, maybe the Ferris Wheel is nod to that? Or some precursor?

Mr. Cuddles

i like trains
I'm hoping that Fashion shows, The London Eye, Gargoyles and a more serpentine Loch Ness Monster are all added to these games. And maybe Elesa showing up Jasmine style, with her commenting on the london eye building being a lot simialer to Nimbasa's own, plus her in fashion shows. Elesa: Are you ready? Me: Yes ^-^ Elesa: Gimme what I need! Me: An Emolga evo?

And more Habitats. Must have them. EUrope is versitile. Just give us proper Volcanoes GF, PLEASE!!!

We had stark mountain in sinnoh and reversal mountain in unova both with heatran, weren't those good volcanoes?

Aleh

«Last Hope»
I don't think this region will bring Contests back, since they're likely gonna be in the RSE remakes on this same gen.

RSEmakes will probably bring them, yea, but there's a good reason for them not being in gen V. It's probably because gen VI is probably gonna have a ton of evos for them, so making a remake for that gen then releasing a ton of their evos the next gen is to cruel to imagine, so...

BBtheASH

A Fairy Specialized Trainer
The "Side Quest" I think will be a Fashion Show type Place(hopefully Elesa's RETURN!!!)

I wouldn't doubt it. She is a big faveorite of the fanbase. She'd also be perfect for a region where there's a focus on fashion. <3

EonDragonFTW

Hey, maybe they can bring back the safari zone ( the HGSS version), and get this: have the pokemon in it have their DW abilities.

The safari zone is meant to have exotic and rare pokemon, so what better way to implement/revive/combine the Dream World and Safari Zone than this? And gf, please reduce the waiting times for some areas. I'm not waiting 2 months to catch a Gible.

BurningWhiteKyurem

Maybe in the months of 'maintenance', they're just redoing it so Dream World can be a secondary transfer system, like putting a Pokemon on your Island and connecting an XY cart to it can make a new transfer, but can only be used Post-Game. That way, DW will still be used by some for a while, but it will fall out of grace in due time.

The only problem is that there is no viable option to transfer Pokemon from a cartridge to the DW. The only way you access the DW is by sleeping, so it's terribly limiting and I really doubt there is a mechanism for transferring. If anything, I'd just expect the same old 2-cartridge communication like in (HGSS DPPt > BW1/2) considering that the 3DS does have Download Play and is compatible with Phat/Lite/DSi/XL systems.

Bueno~

Brazilian Trainer
Mt. Chimney was the best volcano we ever had. We battled on the crater for arceus's sake.
Maybe it will look much better in a future remake 8D

Yveltal96

A little more human
Hey, maybe they can bring back the safari zone ( the HGSS version), and get this: have the pokemon in it have their DW abilities.

The safari zone is meant to have exotic and rare pokemon, so what better way to implement/revive/combine the Dream World and Safari Zone than this? And gf, please reduce the waiting times for some areas. I'm not waiting 2 months to catch a Gible.

i loved the HGSS safari zone
i think that it was the best safari zone
if they brought it back it may be similar but improved upon of course
maybe more areas?
possibly?

Status
Not open for further replies.