• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Kalos Region Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
I think Dream World was the larger substitute to the Safari Zone, the reason why we didn't get one.
Although I agree with you about having a in-game Safari Zone -- one that has rare, exotic & exclusive creatures.

I don't see why. They don't really have that much in common, and the capture methods aren't really that similar.

Hey, maybe they can bring back the safari zone ( the HGSS version), and get this: have the pokemon in it have their DW abilities. The safari zone is meant to have exotic and rare pokemon, so what better way to implement/revive/combine the Dream World and Safari Zone than this?

Now this would be a great idea. At least then the Pokemon you catch would be worth it.

And gf, please reduce the waiting times for some areas. I'm not waiting 2 months to catch a Gible.

That was the one flaw in an otherwise fun and innovative HGSS Safari Zone, the wait times were ridiculous. It should be 30 days max, anything more than that is too much.

While the graphics wasn't the best, Mt. Chimney is indeed the best volcano we had.

Riding a cable car to reach the crater.
We can pass through it via Fiery Path.
It was Team Magma's Hideout (Emerald).
The unique environment of the Jagged Pass.
The volcanic ashfall on Route 13 and Fallarbor.

Ah yes, the beauty of Mt. Chimney. And Hoenn in general.

I'd like to see those areas redesigned in the RS remakes so they feel a bit more connected, as they are now they feel a bit disjointed. Jagged Pass is fine design wise, but aesthetically it could stand to look more like it's near a volcano. For instance, have some lava rivers running through it. Fiery Path should be a bit more expansive, and connect to Magma Hideout. Magma Hideout should connect to the summit as well.

This is the one thing which I just really, really don't want to see. Please stop with the cliched "graveyard tower" location, it's really getting old. And boring. And... pointless. Even if it is based on the Leaning Tower of Pisa.

This, most of them are too similar. The only one that's remotely unique is Mt. Pyre, and even then, I don't like the design. They should redesign that place as well, so you alternate between indoor and outdoor areas, kind of like Mt. Coronet and the redesign for Mt. Silver in HGSS.

Would the Marine Tube in BW2 count, or did you mean an overworld that is entirely underwater (like Emerald's diving spots)?

I think it's understood that everyone wants fully explorable diving spots. Marine Tube isn't really that great anyway, it's pretty much another empty bridge area that does nothing more to show off pretty graphics. Although that is how I think underwater should look in 6th gen.

JM_A

I really thought it was a mix of Norse Mythology involving Yggdrasil and stuff, with some french architecture influence....

BBtheASH

A Fairy Specialized Trainer
This is the one thing which I just really, really don't want to see. Please stop with the cliched "graveyard tower" location, it's really getting old. And boring. And... pointless. Even if it is based on the Leaning Tower of Pisa.

I actually liked these towers.... what better way to inhabit ghost type pokemon??

BBtheASH

A haunted tomb with traps everywhere and evil ghosts trying to steal the souls of trespassers.

Look up definition of "TOMB."

What I meant by "towers" I meant I liked the idea of a "graveyard-esque"
Area where ghosts could inhabit.

BBtheASH

Are you saying dead bodies can't be ghosts?

Where the hell did I say that?
I was commenting my opinion about the geography/landmarks of the region, and how it only makes sense
To have ghost types inhabit a graveyard/tomb/relic area. Just because it makes sense as a cliche.

Last edited:

johno1995

I do love the idea of like an underground tomb where Ghost-types are abundant. I do agree the towers are getting a bit old, we could use something else.

I'd like to see the Safari Zone return, I really liked how you could change it up in HGSS, I'd like to see an expanded version of that.

Yveltal96

A little more human
I do love the idea of like an underground tomb where Ghost-types are abundant. I do agree the towers are getting a bit old, we could use something else.

I'd like to see the Safari Zone return, I really liked how you could change it up in HGSS, I'd like to see an expanded version of that.

yes yes
maybe a safari zone with nine zones
and no step limit that gets annoying

Ver-mont

I'd ditch the graveyard tower for vast and dark catacombs infested with Ghost-types any time.

By the way, it's a shame we couldn't visit the lower levels of the House of Memories. I picture them as described above.

shytende

A thing I thought about earlier...
Black/White, or even Black 2/White 2 are pretty small regions, but the Pokemons you encounter are at higher level than in Hoenn, and even Sinnoh that seems at least as long, and probably longer.
And the trainers' level is even higher.

That's obviously thanks to the new exp system. That would means that a RSE Remake will also have far higher-leveled pokemon and trainers...
I think this region won't be really bigger than Unova, so the level should be more or less equal than in BW2.

JM_A

They have the Paris Catacombs, it would be cool to have an underground place with ghost pokemon just beneath a main city
Also they have many ossuaries all over the europe

Last edited:

PKMN KING

Ozymandias
- The Pyryneeys.
- A Safari Zone.
- A Jungle with waterfalls, palmtrees, jungle noises and lots of rain.
- Paris Catacombs
- Tour De France circuit
- PokéVogue
- Cannes Pokéfilmfestival
- A Powerstation or two at the Belgian border, for electric and steel pokémon.
- Castle Of Versailles (check?)
- A Dessert with a laboratory (check?)
- Eiffeltower (check)
- Daft Punk reference.
- A Bakery, maybe the comeback of puffins/baguettes?
- All the shops from join avenue as solo shops across the country.

AuroriumX

The Interceptor
I know this might just be me being a huge car fan but Le Mans 24h should also be somehow referenced in this game. It is after all one of the most iconic races in the history of motorsport.

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
Pokemon's Facebook page asked how many games Kanto has appeared in.

Kanto confirmed for XY, fight Red and Lyra who have Mewtwo and Mew, old man glitch returns

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
Look up definition of "TOMB."

What I meant by "towers" I meant I liked the idea of a "graveyard-esque"
Area where ghosts could inhabit.

Yeah, but towers aren't the only places that Ghost types can inhabit. In fact, they're even less intuitive as outdoor graveyards and catacombs (or at least they are in the West, IDK if the whole "graveyard tower" thing is some Japanese tradition or something).

yes yes
maybe a safari zone with nine zones
and no step limit that gets annoying

I suppose they actually could get rid of the step limit, since you only get 30 Safari Balls. You'll probably run out of Safari Balls at about the time that you would run out of steps, but if you just want to explore the area, you'd be better off.

By the way, it's a shame we couldn't visit the lower levels of the House of Memories. I picture them as described above.

They should've made that happen in HGSS. And maybe since you can't go there until you get the National Dex, they could put 3rd and 4th gen Pokemon there too, like Shuppet, Duskull, and Spiritomb.

A thing I thought about earlier...
Black/White, or even Black 2/White 2 are pretty small regions, but the Pokemons you encounter are at higher level than in Hoenn, and even Sinnoh that seems at least as long, and probably longer.
And the trainers' level is even higher.

That's obviously thanks to the new exp system. That would means that a RSE Remake will also have far higher-leveled pokemon and trainers...
I think this region won't be really bigger than Unova, so the level should be more or less equal than in BW2.

Well then they should fix the EXP system, obviously. Small regions like Unova are no fun to explore, if those kinds of regions are the future of Pokemon, then I'm done with this franchise.

Kanto confirmed for XY, fight Red and Lyra who have Mewtwo and Mew, old man glitch returns

Or they could be doing another Kanto game after XY, I don't see much reason to put it in since the regions will likely have little to do with each other.

cascadethewarrior

~Ðiva and Lucariϕ~

Oh god please no more Kanto. I was happy that Gen 5 finally did not have Kanto in it. That region is mundane and not that memorable in terms of regional design and locations. How about they give another region a shot? Like Idk? HOENN!

PKMN KING

Ozymandias
Postgame:

POKéMON BENELUX

(Belgium, netherlands and Luxemburg)

- Beer
- Chocolate
- Waffles
- Cheese
- Tulips
- Banks
- The best music festivals of the world (Rock Werchter, Pukkelpop, I <3 Techno, Tomorrowland, Pinkpop, Lowlands)
- Netsky & Tiësto

Yeah!

Status
Not open for further replies.