• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Kalos Region Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobandbill

Winning Smile
Staff member
Super Mod
Discuss the beautiful French-inspired region of Kalos here!

All posts should be constructive and contain ideas, support/elaborate their ideas, and must contribute to the discussions and/or on-going arguments. Also, one-liner posts such as "I agree.", "I want [this] to be in the game!", "This sucks!" will all be considered SPAM, deleted and you will be possibly infracted.

Let's promote a worthwhile discussion!

THE KALOS REGION MAP
[spoil]
eDlgL20.png
[/spoil]

This will be updated soon, with Route info.

Last edited:

oriclion

oldschool breeder(l)
I still can't believe it! The region looks so great in 3D! It looks like Pokémon is going back to its roots: Nature! I predict an Europe based region, with landscapes resembling some of Europes most well known monuments, like the "Eiffel Tower" like building we see in the picture above. Even the streets resemble France! I simply LOVE Pokémon!

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
Along with the Eiffel Tower, one can also see an old style 'Versailles'-like palace in the video. I think it's based off France as well, but we need to see a map to make sure.. France doesn't really have the most interesting geographical shape (a hexagon without many inland waters or mountains) so lets see what happens when they reveal the map.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
While I'm ok with the region being based on France, my only question is why? I understand Unova because NYC is home to the home for American pokémon stuff but is it the same with Paris or some other area in France?

Lucario At Service

Calm Trainer
Considering the image below, i would say that this region is completely separated from Kanto/Johto/Hoenn/Sinnoh or Unova, because of that Route 3 signpost.

[IMG139]http://i50.*******.com/2822ob8_th.jpg[/IMG139]

Endolise

TengenToppaBoogaloo
I love French architecture, so this region's look is very appealing to me.

rocky505

Look at the beginning where Pikachu sends off electricity. That comes from France. At least we won't be at each others throats as bad as we were with the Shanghai vs NY for BW.

Ver-mont

While I'm ok with the region being based on France, my only question is why? I understand Unova because NYC is home to the home for American pokémon stuff but is it the same with Paris or some other area in France?
The fact that there is a full French localization with their own names for Pokémon and everything should tell you they're an important location for Pokémon too.

And since it seems GameFreak is trying to use foreign places for the new regions, I think France is as good as any other option.

T.W.I.

Undercover Rocket
I'm actually quite shocked I haven't seen any "frog" jokes yet (since its a derogatory name for a French person) and we have a frog starter in a definitely French region.

I'm really liking the style though. Paris St. + maybe Versailles palace?

I find it ironic how the "Fire Gym" is in a place possibly inspired by Notre Dame (circular stained glass window flooring). Reminds me of the scene in Hunchback of Notre Dame.

I would really like a Louvre style gym. Even though we had Nacrene Museum and Castellia's art studio.

Poetry

Dancing Mad
So since it's pretty much established that the region is based off of Paris, could this be the first region not to have a coastal section in-game or would the region encompass the entire north region of France, including Paris?

T.W.I.

Undercover Rocket
So since it's pretty much established that the region is based off of Paris, could this be the first region not to have a coastal section in-game or would the region encompass the entire north region of France, including Paris?

Well, there is the French Mediterranean. Not exactly an ocean, but still a cost-like area.

OrcaCity

Expert Killer Whale
I'm way too excited! I wonder if the name of the new region will have something to do with Chromosomes.
I bet that the third installment (if there is one) will be called Pokémon Chrome. :p

NeoDude-5000

The region will most likely be based on France. I wonder one generation they will do a region based on the UK (that will be cool).

Poetry

Dancing Mad
Well, there is the French Mediterranean. Not exactly an ocean, but still a cost-like area.

I actually didn't think initially that the in-game region would resemble the entire of France, with Spain to the south-west and the rest of Europe to the east... but because France itself is quite plain in terns of shape (compared to the Japanese regions and NYC) I guess it would encourage more freedom in terms of mapping out the routes and cities.

Oshakpop

Eeveelution Master
I'm liking the old style type places, I'm definitely liking what seems to be the mixture of both modern and nature places. It seems the overall style will be based in Europe. I'm calling it now - french gym leader.

Mokepon22

Considering the image below, i would say that this region is completely separated from Kanto/Johto/Hoenn/Sinnoh or Unova, because of that Route 3 signpost.

[IMG139]http://i50.*******.com/2822ob8_th.jpg[/IMG139]

Yuuup...I remember people thinking that Gen VI region would be attached to Unova like Johto to Kanto

Since the 3DS supports DLC we'll probably be getting additional areas via DLC

gliscor&yanmega

Wanted Canada(I'm sure most people would want their country to be Pokemonfied...or whatever), but France is nice too, I'm just glad they are continuing with using places outside of Japan and I think we can expect it to continue into the future now.

So far I think the region looks pretty nice. I'm interested to see what other things there are to explore this time.

Status
Not open for further replies.