• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Kalos Region Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone discussed the buildings in the desert arean that kind of look like spaceships, i think they are possiblely the new evil team's (if there is one) hideout.
Other than that the towns look fabulous, this region does seem france - inspired and i cannot for more screen-shots/footage.

Poetry

Dancing Mad
Actually, those towns aren't too bad. I would rather have a region with many towns and citys, rather than 8.

Towns like Oldale and Floccessy add pretty much nothing to the game. The PC passes through them once and more than often there is no reason to stop and explore or to return as most of the time they're filled with people who bark incessantly about basic game mechanics placed there for new players. And like Azran Flame said above, they're also rarely interesting.

pkmntraineramit

Towns like Oldale and Floccessy add pretty much nothing to the game. The PC passes through them once and more than often there is no reason to stop and explore or to return as most of the time they're filled with people who bark incessantly about basic game mechanics placed there for new players. And like Azran Flame said above, they're also rarely interesting.
Yeah, thats true, but I'd rather have those towns inbetween the main citys with gyms, It makes the map a bit more interesting, and you actually have a reason to go there, unlike how it was in BW where i really couldnt be bothered exploring the 2nd half of unova post game, because it was just that bad.

Flame Mistress

Yeah, thats true, but I'd rather have those towns inbetween the main citys with gyms, It makes the map a bit more interesting, and you actually have a reason to go there, unlike how it was in BW where i really couldnt be bothered exploring the 2nd half of unova post game, because it was just that bad.

Really, the only good thing about those useless towns are that they provide more music within the game to listen to. Places like, say, Solaceon Town and Celestic Town were actually interesting because the former had the Day-Care and the Ruins to explore and the latter was pretty plot-important, but Floccesy Town is just the home of Alder and... that's it.

pkmntraineramit

Really, the only good thing about those useless towns are that they provide more music within the game to listen to. Places like, say, Solaceon Town and Celestic Town were actually interesting because the former had the Day-Care and the Ruins to explore and the latter was pretty plot-important, but Floccesy Town is just the home of Alder and... that's it.

True, I would rather they have some involvement in the plot, or offer something insightful about the region, legendaries, contribute to mythology etc.

One thing I miss is island towns, we haven't had any since Hoenn. Towns like Mossdeep, Sootopolis, Pacifidlog, Deford, Cinnabar. I really like to see some small isolated towns again.

Actually I like the useless towns, as they give a feeling of a region that isn't solely based on the main character's quest.

Last edited:

indospot

I actually would like to see more of these so-called useless towns. And I agree that an island town is something I'd like to see, but something like Humilau City was is fine by me.

Pilpulp

美的
Every route/cave/city/town/ocean/forest etc... Should have a reason to visit it after other than to progress through the main story-line. You know, not just a gym something for post-game. I think routes/caves/oceans/forests should be bigger to lengthen gameplay.

Also, I think the things in the desert could be a Reasearch facility. If this game is about DNA, it could be connected to the DNA? I don't know. It could also be the Villains of this game's hideout.

Every route/cave/city/town/ocean/forest etc... Should have a reason to visit it after other than to progress through the main story-line. You know, not just a gym something for post-game. I think routes/caves/oceans/forests should be bigger to lengthen gameplay.

Also, I think the things in the desert could be a Reasearch facility. If this game is about DNA, it could be connected to the DNA? I don't know. It could also be the Villains of this game's hideout.

I would love to see a lot of veirty in the Reigon for Gen 6

dragonskull

Dark trainer
My guess, like so many have said before me is that it will be based on an European setting, which I think is something nice since I live in Europe :p

Chomper4

The Pokemon Gym will say with the platform and stuff, what type specialty do you think it is.

Takaru

Werk, Werk, Werk
I wouldn't mind them having just towns you travel through but only if they have some stuff you could do post-game.

GlaceEx

I'm way too excited! I wonder if the name of the new region will have something to do with Chromosomes.
I bet that the third installment (if there is one) will be called Pokémon Chrome. :p

I think the third installment would make more sense as Pokemon Z. I think this because X, Y, and Z are the three axis points in a 3D graph and Pokemon X and Y are in 3D.

Flame Mistress

I think the third installment would make more sense as Pokemon Z. I think this because X, Y, and Z are the three axis points in a 3D graph and Pokemon X and Y are in 3D.

At the rate GF are doing things right now, one must wonder if we are even going to get a third version in the first place...

Endolise

TengenToppaBoogaloo
At the rate GF are doing things right now, one must wonder if we are even going to get a third version in the first place...

As off-topic as it is, there are a couple of alternative options that could facilitate paired sequels in the same vein as BW2, which I think is more likely to happen than a third version. There's XX and XY in reference to the standard chromosome pairs, as well as Z and W in reference to an alternative set of chromosomes that only occur in certain organisms.

Mystic Flygon

One thing I miss is island towns, we haven't had any since Hoenn. Towns like Mossdeep, Sootopolis, Pacifidlog, Deford, Cinnabar. I really like to see some small isolated towns again.

Actually I like the useless towns, as they give a feeling of a region that isn't solely based on the main character's quest.

This.

I actually enjoy small useless resting spots, they give you a more realistic take on the region. A straight linear region is boring.

illucio

The Illusionist
New smaller/isolated Towns sound great, maybe they could prove one of the few series of quests that will lead to a powerful legendary or a area with a presudo-legendary Pokemon, or simply Rare Pokemon you couldn't catch before.

Scammel

Really, the only good thing about those useless towns are that they provide more music within the game to listen to.

They're actually pretty significant in several of the games, at least for first-time players. Most of these places will be the first time players encounter all the staples of Poke-civilisation, such as the Centres and Marts without necessarily being drowned in other important places such as Gymns, museums or the houses of significant characters.

The 3 sequels will no doubt be Pokemon Purple, J (for the sake of a random letter) and Black 3.

infernape100

My biggest hopes for this region is that ther are more small towns, as said above. I was disapointed in B/W with almost all towns/cities containing gyms. I would also hope that this region is located next to unova, as unova wasn't an island like the two regions before it, it would add to the regenration of Pokemon that seemed to happen in gen 5 and we would be able to explore unova like in gen 2.

I defintaley agree that this region is based on Paris or France in general. So does this mean we will have a region for all contenants (except antarctica) in the future? I would like to think so. Egypt and the pyramids would be great. Though if the new region is based on europe as a whole, which is somewhat suggested with the norse mythology legendaries, i would like to see Stone Henge from England in there!

ryanthehuman

Hopefully the region will take inspiration from both Europe/France and norse mythology. There could be nine plot-central cities or areas based on the nine lands or realms or whatever of yggdrasil. Obviously if it was all stylised to look european then that would be awesome. The pokemon league could be based on Asgard?

Hopefully they'll do something different with Victory Road, too. Make it a forest or a maze or something like the grand canyon with tons of pillars. Just not another cave.

Status
Not open for further replies.