• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Kalos Region Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ace Of Keys

Me and My sketch pad
I think it'll be similar to hoenn and sinnoh in that it'll be more nature based. I'm also thinking due to the graphics on the 3DS more climate and weather will be shown to take advantage of it. I look forward to how the music will reflect the game and parts of the region. BW did a good job sounding urban, and Sinnoh/Hoenn do as well sounding very natural, especialy hoenn which emphasized the majesty of nature through music. i'm hoping they will do the same here ;)

Aiwendil

I'm not saying stay in the city, but use it as a hub maybe?

And maybe this hub lies in the center of that region and many routes to other parts of the region depart from that huge city. In that case, we would get a resemblance to l'étoile de paris, which begins at the arc the triomphe.

Etoile
Sorry for the bad quality though..

bippacooleth

Quiver Dance=Success
Slate and Rust are very natural, and I wanna say something in ever grande means something.

Evergreen? As in evergreen trees? I would definitely agree that the Hoenn towns were named with the theme of nature in mind. A great amount of emphasis was put on humans living naturally with pokemon in the games - a city in a forest, volcanic crater, small village on an island etc

SilverFox

So sly
I don't think I would like a central hub. Might as well be in a small room and use teleporters if you do that kind of crap.

Colegoco

Striking Swampert
Evergreen? As in evergreen trees? I would definitely agree that the Hoenn towns were named with the theme of nature in mind. A great amount of emphasis was put on humans living naturally with pokemon in the games - a city in a forest, volcanic crater, small village on an island etc

Sinnoh I think there is a pattern, I just don't know what it is...

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
Sinnoh I think there is a pattern, I just don't know what it is...

Sinnoh's cities don't follow a pattern at all.

Twinleaf
Sandgem
Jubilife
Oreburgh
Floaroma
Eterna
Hearthome
Solaceon
Veilstone
Pastoria
Celestic
Canalave
Snowpoint
Sunyshore

Good luck deciphering a pattern out of that. The naming schemes are too varied.

FennekinFan

Hearthome... I think that is one of my favourite city names so far. A lot of them seem to have kind of peaceful imagery associated with the name- Eterna: Eternity, Solaceon: Solaceon, etc. Beyond that and the ore/rock based ones I can't see anything linking them.

Gloryus

Where's Wally?
Hearthome... I think that is one of my favourite city names so far. A lot of them seem to have kind of peaceful imagery associated with the name- Eterna: Eternity, Solaceon: Solaceon, etc. Beyond that and the ore/rock based ones I can't see anything linking them.

Not sure if mentioned but Kabto had the colour theme going on. Viridian, Safforn and Fuschia, all colours.

dirkac

I smash your Boxes.
Maybe it will be like derived from numbers, cause of the X and Y grid thing. Like have names of numbers from different languages and mash the names together?

Makes sense.

I'm thinking mountains. Because mountains rock.

(Get it?)

Makes no sense.

Anyway, dor useless stuff, Imma go vall this region Perella now, derived from the french word of Pearl: Perle.

Colegoco

Striking Swampert

pacack825

A meowing duck.
Maybe it will be like derived from numbers, cause of the X and Y grid thing. Like have names of numbers from different languages and mash the names together?
Onuno sounds so derpy to me :p

pkmntraineramit

OR we didn't know it was compatible in the previous regions, really, it wouldn't be that difficult to correct cannonically.

That's a pretty lame way to explain it, that like say "it just is" when trying to explain something. They should use another explanation, a good one, rather than "no one tried it" but, also, players can simply say, I tried that in a previous game and it never worked.

Ver-mont

Clouds.
Accumula - cumulus
Nimbasa - nimbus
Icirrus - cirrus

Those are the only ones I know off my head (the obvious ones lol), but it's definitely clouds.

That's the city naming theme, I think he/she asked about the region theme (just like Sinnoh's is mysteries, which has absolutely nothing to do with the names of its towns).

ninjanerd

That's the city naming theme, I think he/she asked about the region theme (just like Sinnoh's is mysteries, which has absolutely nothing to do with the names of its towns).

If so, Unova's theme is America, specifically New York. I mean, Garbage, Ice Cream, and Bald Eagle Pokémon? Definitely America.

Status
Not open for further replies.