• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Kalos Region Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

dirkac

I smash your Boxes.
We have a graveyard in R/S/E in Mt. Pyre (that foggy mountain). But if you mean a graveyard without being related to a tower in any way than it was never done I suppose.

How is Mt. pyre a Tower...?

And, the region isn't confirmed yet. Sure everything hints to it. But nothing is really confirmed without an actual clarification from Gf, right?

"But if you mean a graveyard without being related to a tower in any way than it was never done I suppose."

Do you even know what "related" means...? Apparently you don't. It has a structure of a tower inside the mountain which has 6 floors and then outside it is a foggy graveyard.

I know what the word related means <_<

How is it the structure of a tower?

> "I want for the first time a cemetery in the game no more boring towers" = He wants a graveyard without being related to a building such as what we have in many Pokemon games (Pokémon Tower and House of Memories, Lost Tower, and Celestial Tower.
> "We have a graveyard in R/S/E in Mt. Pyre (that foggy mountain)" = Mt. Pyre has a graveyard outside meaning that what spikyearedpichu said has already happen in the past however it has inside the mountain a structure containing many floors that resembles what we have got in the other Pokemon games - a tower.
> Solution? A standalone graveyard without a building related to it.

Did you get it now?

I only asked how it was related to a tower even though it is a mountain that has been carved into.

I already know he wants to have a Graveyard standalone from a tower, even though Mt. Pyre qualifies for that as it is, a mountain.

Last edited:

Royal_Qeca

Pokémon Blue
I only asked how it was related to a tower even though it is a mountain that has been carved into.

I already know he wants to have a Graveyard standalone from a tower, even though Mt. Pyre qualifies for that as it is, a mountain.

I have already explained to you during my last post... What he wants can be found in Pokemon R/S/E but it still has a building attached to it that resembles a tower because of it's structure inside the mountain.

Now to end the off topic: I would also want GF to implement something like this. Actually it could be in the Haunted Town that we have been talking about!

dirkac

I smash your Boxes.
EDIT: dirkac deleted his post and put it down there. Sorry for the tripple post.

Sorry for that.

I have already explained to you during my last post... What he wants can be found in Pokemon R/S/E but it still has a building attached to it that resembles a tower because of it's structure inside the mountain.

Ok, now you're saying that he wants to have something seperate from a building though his post only states he doesn't want anymore towers.

And, I personally do not see it's resemblance to a tower, but fine, I'll just agree with it for.

Royal_Qeca

Pokémon Blue
Ok, now you're saying that he wants to have something seperate from a building though his post only states he doesn't want anymore towers.

And, I personally do not see it's resemblance to a tower, but fine, I'll just agree with it for.

It's not that hard to understand... I just meant that the kind of cemetery he seems to want in the apparently PokeFrance can be already found but not entirely as I explained previously. And when I said "building" in that post I was clearly talking about the tower (it may help a definition: "a building or part of a building that is exceptionally high in proportion to its width and length.") inside Mt. Pyre.

You can find a graveyard in the way he seems to want but it still has a building (since you don't see it as a tower) inside the mountain. This is something I would also want GF to make, for example in Luigi's Mansion 2 we can find a pretty cool graveyard and it's a game that can be compared to Pokemon since it is also made with kids in mind (but also to be played by everybody else).

Spirit Kitsune

Speaking of graveyards, the Catacombs of Paris could have some influence on this gen's graveyard. Not saying there would be bones on the walls but we could end up with an underground cave like graveyard. Just a thought.

Akwakwak

I'm hungry
I hope the Pokeiffel Tower is somewhat important. Maybe as the Battle Tower? Would be cool :D

And we see GF doesn't give two sh*ts about Pattern anymore, so the 'just Paris' thing isn't really that solid.

Anyone else like to see the League inside a giant castle?
It would be so awesome if when we get to the highest point we get to gyroscope the panorama. And about the castle being the Pokemon League, I'm all for it. People are all like nooo we had a castle be the Pokemon League in fifth gen, uh no we didn't. N's castle wasn't the Pokemon League the Pokemon League was were we battled Alder, just in case someone forgot and it had some Greek/Roman influences. And it reminded me of the acropolis, or just your basic ancient Greek architecture. A castle or cathedral would make sense if the region is based on France.

Last edited:

Blackjack the Titan

It’s been a while
It would be so awesome if when we get to the highest point we get to gyroscope the panorama. And about the castle being the Pokemon League, I'm all for it. People are all like nooo we had a castle be the Pokemon league in fifth gen, uh no we didn't. N's castle wasn't the Pokemon League the Pokemon League had some Greek/Roman influences, acropolis anyone? A castle or cathedral would make sense if the region is based on France.

Battle Eiffel Tower? Sounds great, although from the screenshot it looks as if the building is a glorified scaffold than what the actual Eiffel tower is.
What would you call the building of 4th gen's league?

Akwakwak

I'm hungry
Battle Eiffel Tower? Sounds great, although from the screenshot it looks as if the building is a glorified scaffold than what the actual Eiffel tower is.
What would you call the building of 4th gen's league?

I don't know, it looks like a castle/cathedral, it seems to have a gothic inspired design. But I was talking about how people say the fifth gen used a castle, when it clearly didn't. What if the the Pokemon League is heavily influenced by Art Deco.

AmbipomMaster

#TeamInstinct
I don't know, it looks like a castle/cathedral, it seems to have a gothic inspired design. But I was talking about how people say the fifth gen used a castle, when it clearly didn't. What if the the Pokemon League is heavily influenced by Art Deco.

Well, that fire room in the trailer kinda looked like a cathedral to me!

I think I'm not the only one here who doesn't want another linear region like Unova. Sinnoh and Johto were cool with kind of "looping back around" to an area you've previously visited.

ysmr97

Please..... No more water routes..... GF, don't pull a Hoenn on us.

Poetry

Dancing Mad
Could the Eiffel Tower structure possibly be the Pokemon League this time round? Perhaps on the first level there are four rooms in each corner where you battle the E4 members and then you ascend the tower to the very top to fight the Champion?

Actually no, scratch that. I don't think the tower would really be big enough to accommodate all that and it didn't look awfully big in the trailer. In fact I get the feeling that GF are going to go for sheer grandness in terms of size and scale with these games.

Yveltal96

A little more human
why is everyone so against water routes?
as of like two weeks ago everyone wanted one
personally i would love a real sea route the couple in unova don't even count because one lead to nothing and undella bay was just...well.... unnecessary

pkmntraineramit

why is everyone so against water routes?
as of like two weeks ago everyone wanted one
personally i would love a real sea route the couple in unova don't even count because one lead to nothing and undella bay was just...well.... unnecessary

I don't want too much water, it gets annoying with all those Pokemon and swimmers, at least on land you need to be in grass to get attacked

Poetry

Dancing Mad
Water routes also tend to be designed a little differently because you can't always tell where the boundaries of the route are, making it harder to explore. While land-based routes just tend to be linear pathways, water routes are often more wide and open, like the ones in Hoenn. I don't dislike water routes personally, but they are a little more.. testing of your patience.

MidnightFennekin

Unwashed skank
Simple reason while everybody hates water routes-there is less places to escape from the Pokemon encounter spots, as the encounters are in any friggung Water Tile! Plus there's somethings called Tentacool and Frillish!

And caves with all the Zubat and Golbat. And now Geodude and Graveler have a built in Focus Sash!

God GF loves to spam us.

I'd like a cave full of Poison, Psychic, Electric and Fire Pokemon. F*ck yeah status everywhere! XD '3' XD '3' XD

So, anyone for a proper Volcano? Pt Mt. Stark and W2 Reverse Mountain were nice tries, but I want this one to have magma flows blocking your progress, and erupts at some point(s) in the game. But keep Heatran. 'Cuzz Heatran is awesome and is somehow present in nearly every Pokemon Volcano. (Ranger and Mystery Dungeon (Time, Darkness and Sky) prove this!)

But if I'm right, Hoenn had a few volcanic areas... Did they have Lava? Sorry for being such a n00b. I was a D/P/Pt child.

adamfitz

poké-lover
I love the water routes!
I find them that little bit more difficult and they also have a wonderful design
Maybe people don't like the repeated encounter of one pokemon like tentacool and wingull
But I really don't see anything wrong with water routes
I really love them, maybe my favorite type of route....
Improvements could be a variation of pokemon available without using a rod and only surfing also have swimming trainers with some surprise pokemon like a arbok or flying pokemon (unfezant) or floating ones (vanilluxe)
But I love them the way they are so....

Status
Not open for further replies.