• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Kalos Region Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blaquaza

Elite Spritist
Just couldn't agree with this post more. I was telling my mates about how I'd like ALL of Europe, but one argued back that you'd stay in the town that represents your country, your "home town" for want of a better phrase. Well, mate, to argue back, who doesn't want to travel all of Europe? :D - I'm still holding out for some Hoenn intergration, I understand it's a little like Marmite on the forums though (you love or hate the idea ;) - I was a Hoenn kid though)
I was a Hoenn kid too, and if I ever get the chance to get a Hoenn starter in a new game that isn't a remake without needing to import it, I'd personally give Nintendo a Muffin Basket full of money. XD

Nockturne

Im a Kanto kid but I'm not against seeing Hoenn with the new graphics. I'd be interested to see how any of the old regions look in proper 3D

SlowPokeBroKing

Future Gym Leader
I was a Hoenn kid too, and if I ever get the chance to get a Hoenn starter in a new game that isn't a remake without needing to import it, I'd personally give Nintendo a Muffin Basket full of money. XD
It would be so cool if they implemented some sort of post-game situation where you met Steven or Professor Birch and they gave you your choice of a Hoenn starter.

pkmntraineramit

Can we end this hoenn talk already? It's so stupid, no matter what the game is, people always bring up hoenn.
BW2: ermahgerd hoerrnn in bw2, you can't deny it.
XY: ermahgerd hoerrnn postgerrmm.
Back onto topic, who else wants to see berry and (apricorn?) trees back in the region, I hated how I was forced to use the DW to get berries, and i wonder what the regional berry specialty is, iirc, Unova have no unique berry based pokefood

AmbipomMaster

#TeamInstinct
Can we end this hoenn talk already? It's so stupid, no matter what the game is, people always bring up hoenn.
Back onto topic, who else wants to see berry and (apricorn?) trees back in the region, I hated how I was forced to use the DW to get berries, and i wonder what the regional berry specialty is, iirc, Unova have no unique berry based pokefood

I would like Berries to return, but I would like it if the Berry trees were similar to Apricorn Trees, where the Trees are permanent but the Berries respawn everyday. I never did understand why in order to get three Berries its required to cut down a whole Tree...

Akwakwak

I'm hungry

Hell yes, GF bring back berries to the games. This is the only reason why I hated the dream world.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
I would like Berries to return, but I would like it if the Berry trees were similar to Apricorn Trees, where the Trees are permanent but the Berries respawn everyday. I never did understand why in order to get three Berries its required to cut down a whole Tree...

You just gave me a genius idea. What if it were more like this:

The first time you plant a berry there, it works the same way it has since 3rd gen, you water the tree, and it takes a day or so for berries to sprout. Once you pick them, the tree stays up and by keeping the soil moist enough using water and mulch, more will grow, but in a shorter amount of time. And should you want to replace a particular berry tree with another one, you can use Cut to get rid of it and plant a different one.

pkmntraineramit

The first time you plant a berry there, it works the same way it has since 3rd gen, you water the tree, and it takes a day or so for berries to sprout. Once you pick them, the tree stays up and by keeping the soil moist enough using water and mulch, more will grow, but in a shorter amount of time. And should you want to replace a particular berry tree with another one, you can use Cut to get rid of it and plant a different one.
It seems like a good idea, but it might be better if a limit were set on the max number of berries found on a plant, such as 4-5, or else it might get flooded with berries

LeoxrHD809

Water Trainer
I can't wait intill they release the regions name. Hope it has some similarities with parts of Europe.

dirkac

I smash your Boxes.

Of course Hoenn pops up. Because it's Hoenn.

Hum, I like that idea. It's really neat.

What I would like too, is having one loamy/earthy/soft soil being planted by a random berry everyday, to give the impression of an NPC gardening, so you're not the only person that gardens (not even the Berry Master does <_<)

It will definitely be based on Europe especially France from what it looks like and it really made me happy! I hope the next 7th gen will be based on England.

I'm not sure if this is the right thread for gyms or not, but here's something I'd like to see:

1. Steel
2. Psychic
3. Water
4. Fire
5. Dark
6. Normal
7. Grass
8. Poison

As for the Elite Four:

-Electric
-Flying
-Rock
-Bug

Elnava

The Successor!
I hope our haunted house dungeon is awesome this gen like the pokemon tower or old chateau. The bell tower in unova was okay but the Poemon Tower was awesome due to the myths around it as well as its own creepy atmosphere. The old chateau had its fair share of creepiness and it had actual ghosts! The bell tower in Unova as well as Mt.Pyre in Hoenn just didn't feel creepy enough and only Mt.Pyre held some sort of an interesting story, the bell tower just had the bell...

dirkac

I smash your Boxes.
I'm not sure if this is the right thread for gyms or not, but here's something I'd like to see:

1. Steel
2. Psychic
3. Water
4. Fire
5. Dark
6. Normal
7. Grass
8. Poison

As for the Elite Four:

-Electric
-Flying
-Rock
-Bug

Hum, I think that Steel as first Leader is just... Off. So Off. Sorry.

And, because I feel like it, I shall do the same on predictions.

Gyms
1. Normal (I don't know why, but... It seems fitting, to me)
2. Psychic (the floor changing in the trailer?)
3. Flying
4. Ground
5. Water
6. Ghost
7. Grass (the Vine Swinging in the Trailer?)
8. Bug (the Cobweb in the trailer?)

Elite 4
1. Fire (the fire place in trailer?)
2. Steel
3. Poison
4. Ice

So farfetch'd, but what I would want to see :p

I hope our haunted house dungeon is awesome this gen like the pokemon tower or old chateau. The bell tower in unova was okay but the Poemon Tower was awesome due to the myths around it as well as its own creepy atmosphere. The old chateau had its fair share of creepiness and it had actual ghosts! The bell tower in Unova as well as Mt.Pyre in Hoenn just didn't feel creepy enough and only Mt.Pyre held some sort of an interesting story, the bell tower just had the bell...

Pokémon Tower had nomyths, and the whole place was more soothing than creepy. The Memorial House was just... Nothing. Bell Tower had nothing special.

Mt. Pyre had a myth, and actually was involved with the Story, instead of just being there.

Old Chateau was nice though, for it's backstory and the sense it was the only one actually marginally ... "creepy-ish".

Last edited:

Colegoco

Striking Swampert
Hell yes, GF bring back berries to the games. This is the only reason why I hated the dream world.

I agree, actually, I really just hated the dream world. My DS isn't compatible with my wi-fi.

On the Hoenn subject, I'd love to see Hoenn. I was dissapointed it wasn't in this gen after HM dive.

Hum, I think that Steel as first Leader is just... Off. So Off. Sorry.

I based my predictions like this: Steel and Psychic were in the first few gyms because they are generally seen later in the game (Jasmine, Tate & Liza, Byron, and Sabrina being perfect examples). I put Dark in the middle because that would be a good place to start since it would be its first gym. Grass and Poison are the last two because they need strong trainers. Other than Koga of the Johto Elite Four, Poison-type hasn't been in the latter part of the game, if I remember correctly. Erika, Cilan, and Gardenia all represented Grass-types somewhat early on in the their respective games. So, I based mine on switching things up from the usual.

GoldCyndaquil

Shiny Hunter
I based my predictions like this: Steel and Psychic were in the first few gyms because they are generally seen later in the game (Jasmine, Tate & Liza, Byron, and Sabrina being perfect examples). I put Dark in the middle because that would be a good place to start since it would be its first gym. Grass and Poison are the last two because they need strong trainers. Other than Koga of the Johto Elite Four, Poison-type hasn't been in the latter part of the game, if I remember correctly. Erika, Cilan, and Gardenia all represented Grass-types somewhat early on in the their respective games. So, I based mine on switching things up from the usual.

But the problem is that steel types are generally harder to get so having Steel as the first gym does seem...off.

Status
Not open for further replies.