• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Kalos Region Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know this. It would be challenging. One of the starters is Fire-type, which is super effective. Water-types can do well against Steel-types too. You'd only be screwed if you chose Chespin; however, there could be catchable Pokemon early on to counter that type.

What?!
Houen is a region of Japan? I Thought that was an Australia like, because in on the sea and have all type of enviroments, like volcanos, desert and even submarine area likes (the one who is not in is the snow mountains, just a cave).

pkmntraineramit

What?!
Houen is a region of Japan? I Thought that was an Australia like, because in on the sea and have all type of enviroments, like volcanos, desert and even submarine area likes (the one who is not in is the snow mountains, just a cave).

Nah, Australia doesn't have volcanoes, it doesn't have snowy mountainous regions though, but also, it has no australian influence, which is key to defining a region, every main game region is based on a real life location, they share some geographical similarities, and game freak take some liberties with other geographical features, but the location has some influence from the place it was based off, such as jhoto being cultural etc

S/D/J

I think that for post-game, a combination of the Battle Frontier and the Sevii islands would be cool. Each island has it's own battle facility, in addition to areas to explore. There could also be another island that becomes available after beating every Frontier Brain/Leader, with a final, challenging facility on it, or very rare Pokemon.

pkmntraineramit

I think that for post-game, a combination of the Battle Frontier and the Sevii islands would be cool. Each island has it's own battle facility, in addition to areas to explore. There could also be another island that becomes available after beating every Frontier Brain/Leader, with a final, challenging facility on it, or very rare Pokemon.

I would much prefer a second landmass, still considered to be independent from the main region, but not large enough to receive its own game, and I want it to be a battle frontier area, it is its own region, has its route numbers continue from the main region, but instead of gyms, it has a battle frontier in the town. I wish Unova did this with the post game half of the region

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
My wishlist for post-game region exploration:

:: Post-game storyline/sidequests.
:: Lots of new areas. Be it a group of islands, separate landmass, or the unexplored portion of the same landmass. I want another Unown Ruins. I miss collecting them. A Safari Zone, too.
:: Battle Frontier. I think this is the reason why Unova felt incomplete... B2W2 did have PWT and the Skycraper/Tree Hollow, but nothing still compares to Hoenn's Battle Frontier.
:: Legendary Hunting. B2W2 did gave us a lot of legendaries... but they were like... just there. So easy to find. I miss the roamers, and those annoying requirements you need in order to get access to legendaries.
:: Rematches. Another thing that Gen 5 lacked. This should be a gameplay standard.

That's all I can think of right now.

adamwalker222

I would much prefer a second landmass, still considered to be independent from the main region, but not large enough to receive its own game, and I want it to be a battle frontier area, it is its own region, has its route numbers continue from the main region, but instead of gyms, it has a battle frontier in the town. I wish Unova did this with the post game half of the region

Well, why not combine that with S/D/J's original idea? You could have an area similar to the Battle Frontier on D/P/PT, but expand it, elongating the distance between the towns. To incorporate S/D/J's idea, you could have one of the Frontier's being on separate island, bringing in a long water-based route? I'd like to see something like that, personally.

In terms of Gyms, my preference is as follows:

Electric
Fighting
Water
Dark
Fire
Poison
Steel
Psychic

Edit: With an Elite Four:

Ice
Dragon
Ghost
Bug

Champ: Ground/Rock (Just 'coz)

or something like that! I think it'd be interesting to start with Electric for once. None of the starter types hold an advantage over it. Just an idea anyway, chances of me getting exactly what I want are incredibly slim...

Last edited:

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
:: Lots of new areas. Be it a group of islands, separate landmass, or the unexplored portion of the same landmass. I want another Unown Ruins. I miss collecting them. A Safari Zone, too.

To be fair, BW2 had probably the largest amount of post game areas (except maybe FRLG). But now that you bring up Tanoby Ruins and the Safari Zone, I can see what the problem is. None of the post game areas in BW2 were really that interesting. Most of them were simply areas that we've already been to in BW1 with no real changes made to them.

As for my idea for what the post game area will look like, I think it'll be more like the Battle Zone, one solitary landmass isolated from the main region, but I like S/D/J's idea, that'd be really awesome.

:: Legendary Hunting. B2W2 did gave us a lot of legendaries... but they were like... just there. So easy to find. I miss the roamers, and those annoying requirements you need in order to get access to legendaries.

I get the feeling that runners were removed on purpose to make the game easier, but that's okay, because they can do different things for roaming legendaries aside from the old "randomly encounter it in the grass and catch it before it has a chance to run away". The Lati twins are a good example of how they could do that. They could also do the same thing they did with Groudon/Kyogre in Emerald, have their habitat move around randomly, but make it easier to track.

BurningWhiteKyurem

This is a fantastic idea, especially considering there is a challenge/reward system in place that you HAVE to beat the Frontier facility or else you won't access the next island/facility/etc. Thus, the Frontier would actually have a purpose rather than being there just for the sake of.

SilverFox

So sly
This is a fantastic idea, especially considering there is a challenge/reward system in place that you HAVE to beat the Frontier facility or else you won't access the next island/facility/etc. Thus, the Frontier would actually have a purpose rather than being there just for the sake of.

Execpt it wouldn't be fair to the people who don't EV/IV train or even do the Fronier. Why force them to do something they never done before all of a sudden just to get to a place that has rare pokemon?

Grey Wind

I love this. Like, really love this. It would make post-game far more interesting, and having facilities would be more unique than having extra gyms.

My wishlist for post-game region exploration:

:: Post-game storyline/sidequests.
:: Lots of new areas.A Safari Zone, too.
I would kind of like if they brought it back too, but I hope they revamp it. The customisation with HGSS was kind of boring to be honest, but I'd like it if they kept the varying areas, maybe making them harder to reach? Exploring is fun, I'd love to have to work my way around to each part of the zone. It'd be sweet if you could take an actual safari trip around the zone too, and register whatever you see as seen.

I agree with this. I'd like it if there were actual little events with the legendaries too, instead of just like running into them. Like, if you could actually do your own research in various places and find the key to unlocking one instead of just stumbling upon it.

To be fair, BW2 had probably the largest amount of post game areas (except maybe FRLG). But now that you bring up Tanoby Ruins and the Safari Zone, I can see what the problem is. None of the post game areas in BW2 were really that interesting. Most of them were simply areas that we've already been to in BW1 with no real changes made to them.
I agree with this, but I suppose it was inevitable with BW2. I found Eastern Unova pretty fun to explore in BW.

idk if any one else thinks this, but I've always wanted to see more Pokemon in the overworld. It'd be cool to see a flock of some bird Pokemon on the ground ahead and have them fly away as you approach or something. I think it'd make the world more realistic, they can't all be hiding in grass.

Last edited:

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder

Okay, wow, I missed the "beat the Frontier facility to progress" part.

That's a terrible idea because Frontier facilities are haxed to hell, that wouldn't really be fair if you had to beat every one of them to unlock the next area. If they want you to visit the areas one by one, they should put a post game story in some of the non Battle facility areas there and make it so you can only progress to certain islands after certain objectives are met, kind of like in the Sevii Islands.

I agree with this, but I suppose it was inevitable with BW2. I found Eastern Unova pretty fun to explore in BW.

I guess it was to some degree, but they still could've done better and make some interesting changes to the layout or add in some new post game features or something. They pretty much left most of the areas as is. I didn't find BW1's post game much better either, though, it seemed kind of generic.

I would kind of like if they brought it back too, but I hope they revamp it. The customisation with HGSS was kind of boring to be honest, but I'd like it if they kept the varying areas, maybe making them harder to reach? Exploring is fun, I'd love to have to work my way around to each part of the zone. It'd be sweet if you could take an actual safari trip around the zone too, and register whatever you see as seen.

Really? I liked HGSS' Safari Zone, the only problems I really had with it were that the wait periods on certain Pokemon are too long (they shouldn't make you wait longer than 30 days), and the areas are a bit too small. Here's what I think they can do with the Safari Zone in this game:

-Keep the customization, but instead of having 9 smaller areas, cut it down to about 4-6 larger ones. Make the area design a lot more interesting, with hills and ponds and that kind of stuff.
-Include some field move obstacles to make things more interesting.
-As I said above, cap the wait times for each area at 30 days.
-Include Hidden Ability Pokemon to catch for post game. Minus ridiculous encounter rates that we've been seeing for other Hidden Ability distribution methods (on average, you should be able to encounter a particular species approximately 5% of the time, and keep the gender ratios for each species the same as it is normally, none of that 30% female ratio across the board crap).

Last edited:

Jb

Tsun in the streets
idk if any one else thinks this, but I've always wanted to see more Pokemon in the overworld. It'd be cool to see a flock of some bird Pokemon on the ground ahead and have them fly away as you approach or something. I think it'd make the world more realistic, they can't all be hiding in grass.

I agree with this. Like, I'd like to see Pokemon hanging from trees, sleeping on roofs in cities/towns. Even guard Pokemon at the gates of each town. It's the small things that count imo.

S/D/J

The requirement for beating the facilities could be fairly easy, such as a 21 streak at the Battle Tower

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
The requirement for beating the facilities could be fairly easy, such as a 21 streak at the Battle Tower

Admittedly, I don't do much battling in Frontier facilities, but even that might be a bit much. If they cut it down to something like a 7 win streak, that'd be more reasonable I guess.

BurningWhiteKyurem

Okay, wow, I missed the "beat the Frontier facility to progress" part.

That's a terrible idea because Frontier facilities are haxed to hell, that wouldn't really be fair if you had to beat every one of them to unlock the next area. If they want you to visit the areas one by one, they should put a post game story in some of the non Battle facility areas there and make it so you can only progress to certain islands after certain objectives are met, kind of like in the Sevii Islands.

Why not make it similar to how W.Treehollow and B. Skyscraper were in BW2? Where instead of Battle Frontier Hax (admittedly the most frustrating to ever witness), you get maybe a couple of floors of strong trainers that you'll need to defeat in order to progress to the next island. That way it helps the casual gamers who don't fully know the reigns of EV training and IV breeding, while still allowing the hardcore fan to have fun with the battle system. Each Island would have a pre-determined amount of trainers + 1 boss trainer similar to W.Treehollow and B. Skyscraper (I guess I'm thinking too much of One Piece where the arcs are shaped in that almost every Island that the Strawhats stop in has a boss pirate that Luffy and the Crew need to defeat). And top it off with an epic reward at the final island?

SilverFox

So sly
Why not make it similar to how W.Treehollow and B. Skyscraper were in BW2? Where instead of Battle Frontier Hax (admittedly the most frustrating to ever witness), you get maybe a couple of floors of strong trainers that you'll need to defeat in order to progress to the next island. That way it helps the casual gamers who don't fully know the reigns of EV training and IV breeding, while still allowing the hardcore fan to have fun with the battle system. Each Island would have a pre-determined amount of trainers + 1 boss trainer similar to W.Treehollow and B. Skyscraper (I guess I'm thinking too much of One Piece where the arcs are shaped in that almost every Island that the Strawhats stop in has a boss pirate that Luffy and the Crew need to defeat). And top it off with an epic reward at the final island?

I could go for that.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder

Sounds good to me.

I definitely like this idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.