• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Kalos Region Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dren

Ghost Master
I'm really tired of old regions tbh. All regions (except hoenn) are playable on the DS; time to leave them regions behind and look ahead now. I'm fond of the old games but theyre all playable on the current hardware now. If you want two regions, how bout two NEW regions? Beats the hell outta old ones running off spit and nostalgia.

Happy Hydreigon

Kahuna Mikah
Here's my take on the France Region
XYRegion.jpg

Nockturne

I'm really tired of old regions tbh. All regions (except hoenn) are playable on the DS; time to leave them regions behind and look ahead now. I'm fond of the old games but theyre all playable on the current hardware now. If you want two regions, how bout two NEW regions? Beats the hell outta old ones running off spit and nostalgia.

I don't think they'd put two new regions in one game. Why do that when they can make more money by having each region they come up with in a separate generation.

Räven Velish

black lives matter
Adding more gyms is fine, but I don't want them to have two regions, because then you have to dumb down the regional design to make it fit. It'd be like Unova x 2, which is just plain boring.

Agreed. How about 12 gyms, and 8 is nessecary for the Pokemon league while the last 4 are optional? I just want them in the same region though, instead of an old region.

Agreed. How about 12 gyms, and 8 is nessecary for the Pokemon league while the last 4 are optional? I just want them in the same region though, instead of an old region.

Yea i could see this working. For example , the first gym is the town or two after your home one. Then you can choose which gym to go to next and after each gym, the next gyms pokemon level up by 3/4 levels to increase difficulty. Then after the champion the other four gyms have a set level like 71-75 and all the other gyms are rechallengable at a greater difficulty. Of course there would still have to be other non gym areas and each gym/leader by unique. Of course there would also be som areas you are forced to visit for story purposes.

SlowPokeBroKing

Future Gym Leader
Yea i could see this working. For example , the first gym is the town or two after your home one. Then you can choose which gym to go to next and after each gym, the next gyms pokemon level up by 3/4 levels to increase difficulty. Then after the champion the other four gyms have a set level like 71-75 and all the other gyms are rechallengable at a greater difficulty. Of course there would still have to be other non gym areas and each gym/leader by unique. Of course there would also be som areas you are forced to visit for story purposes.
This could either implement a 17 type setup where each gym leader/E4 member/champion represents a type or they could include a number of type-based gyms while also incorporating some of the discussed gyms based on mechanics or stats or species. I would love this idea to happen, but I personally don't think it will. Here's to hoping.

Blackjack the Titan

It’s been a while
This could either implement a 17 type setup where each gym leader/E4 member/champion represents a type or they could include a number of type-based gyms while also incorporating some of the discussed gyms based on mechanics or stats or species. I would love this idea to happen, but I personally don't think it will. Here's to hoping.

A bit overkill. The 12 gym suggestion sounds better because it doesn't sound like it'd cover all of the types. The E4 's types are there to offer an types we havent battled yet. Champions can be any type they want, but there really shouldn't be anymore gyms than 8 in general. 12 would be a nice-to-decent option for if one wants to have an extra challenge that doesn't involve Battle Facilities or Treehollows and Skyscrapers.

SlowPokeBroKing

Future Gym Leader
A bit overkill. The 12 gym suggestion sounds better because it doesn't sound like it'd cover all of the types. The E4 's types are there to offer an types we havent battled yet. Champions can be any type they want, but there really shouldn't be anymore gyms than 8 in general. 12 would be a nice-to-decent option for if one wants to have an extra challenge that doesn't involve Battle Facilities or Treehollows and Skyscrapers.

What I suggested would be exactly what you said: whatever types we haven't yet encountered in the gyms would be encountered in the Elite Four.

Dren

Ghost Master
I don't think they'd put two new regions in one game. Why do that when they can make more money by having each region they come up with in a separate generation.

i see what you mean. I'd rather just one good, satisfying region myself.

pkmntraineramit

i see what you mean. I'd rather just one good, satisfying region myself.

I don't mind this, but I want to explore the whole main region before the e4. I hated how half of Unova was blocked off until post game, I want a smaller region/ area for post game like a battle frontier or battle island

JohnLynch

Here's my take on the France Region
View attachment 8770
I can see a Y but it needs an X. Adding an X would fix the linear problem as well (although I'm playing Black right now and it's pretty linear. The map looks like you can go anywhere, but there are roadblocks at every optional path).

pkmntraineramit

I can see a Y but it needs an X. Adding an X would fix the linear problem as well (although I'm playing Black right now and it's pretty linear. The map looks like you can go anywhere, but there are roadblocks at every optional path).

It's just a fan made map, no need for an X and Y in the map design

AmbipomMaster

#TeamInstinct
If they do that they may as well make it a nice round 10

What's wrong with 8? Personally, I'd prefer 8 Gyms in any order, but I also want Battle Facilities like TreeHollow and Skyscraper littered throughout the region, and maybe have some available before the E4 (like the PWT).

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
Speaking only of gyms, I'm perfectly fine with 8 as long as they can be rematched post-game.

And better yet, give us a really big and challenging Frontier and give us 8 Frontier Brains.
Also, instead of separating it, the Skyscraper/Tree Hollow can actually be a Frontier Facility.

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
And better yet, give us a really big and challenging Frontier and give us 8 Frontier Brains.
Also, instead of separating it, the Skyscraper/Tree Hollow can actually be a Frontier Facility.

This.

I really miss Emerald-style Frontier, it's so huge we can cycle around it to hatch eggs.

But on making Skyscraper/Treehollow a Frontier facility.....I'm okay with that as long as we still receive the EXP.

Status
Not open for further replies.