• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Kalos Region Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

MidnightFennekin

Unwashed skank
while your theories are interesting, Unova three times in a row is overkill.

i would say kanto, due to gen 6 being similar so far to it, or hoenn, but we need our RSE remakes :3

We got Kanto four times in a row, (R/B, Y, G/S, C) and Kanto has appeared in 4 Generations, and that, sir is overkill.

Or I'm just getting too defensive ;P

But anyway, I'd like a kind of elemental shrine area, where all four elements are in peace. Perhaps a floating island with lots of torches and waterfalls?

Grey Wind

At least Kanto only appeared in remakes and there were games in between. Having Unova appear in three new games in a row would be way too boring.

I don't think sixteen Gyms will work anyway, just look at GSC. I'd rather that we had an archipelago like the Sevii Islands with a Battle Frontier facility on each island, or else a couple of gyms scattered around, all with roughly the same level. I really hope we do get a post-game group of islands, or at least one large island like the Battle Zone.

Gloryus

Where's Wally?
At least Kanto only appeared in remakes and there were games in between. Having Unova appear in three new games in a row would be way too boring.

I don't think sixteen Gyms will work anyway, just look at GSC. I'd rather that we had an archipelago like the Sevii Islands with a Battle Frontier facility on each island, or else a couple of gyms scattered around, all with roughly the same level. I really hope we do get a post-game group of islands, or at least one large island like the Battle Zone.

I liked the Sevii Islands so I'm hoping if it's based on France/Europe that maybe a few scattered islands replicating the ones in the Mediterranean Seas that I'm happy. It also explains the desert seen in the trailer as the islands are close to North Africa.

i would love this new region to have a kanto and johto feel to it. Though i would love secret bases to make a comeback for this region. But some of the things i loved about kanto and johto wher some of the areas which included the pokemon mansion, moo moo farm, the ice path, dragons den, power plant. I loved the haunted house in pokemon diamond and pearl wouldnt mind something like that. I would like it after the pokemon league like d/p/p you went to a island for this island it could be where the pokemon world tournament could be held maybe that would be better for pokemon z but i liked how in diamond/pearl/platinum you went to this island which was like a resort after the league. I would like the league to be set out like red/blue/yellow gold/silver/crystal.

Räven Velish

black lives matter
Yea i could see this working. For example , the first gym is the town or two after your home one. Then you can choose which gym to go to next and after each gym, the next gyms pokemon level up by 3/4 levels to increase difficulty. Then after the champion the other four gyms have a set level like 71-75 and all the other gyms are rechallengable at a greater difficulty. Of course there would still have to be other non gym areas and each gym/leader by unique. Of course there would also be som areas you are forced to visit for story purposes.

No, I meant 12 gyms. You can beat 8, the evil team is finished and you can face the League. But 4 are still left, and you have the choice to go battle them, and beat the League later(with E4 having their levels 10 higher), or you can go ahead and beat the League. Then there will be rematches post game and if you didn't beat any of the extra 4 gyms, their levels will be as high as they would have been in a rematch, except now you're getting there badges post game, if, of course, you decided not to battle them before the League.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
Not saying it can't happen, but what would be the point in having extra gyms post game? It doesn't seem like it would have much purpose.

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
Maybe the extra badges help you use a certain HM outside of battle, similar to rock climb in hgss

That is, if HM usage require badges again.
Gen V removed that.

Post-game gyms would be great if they did something similar with the Orange Islands.
That archipelago has a little League of its own.

So, I wouldn't mind having another set of Sevii Islands or a mini landmass for some extra challenge.
That said, the 8 Gyms and the Elite Four already represent 12 specific types. The remaining 5 can be put for the post-game League.

With something like that and a Battle Frontier, it would be a nice post-game challenge.

pkmntraineramit

That is, if HM usage require badges again.
Gen V removed that.

Post-game gyms would be great if they did something similar with the Orange Islands.
That archipelago has a little League of its own.

So, I wouldn't mind having another set of Sevii Islands or a mini landmass for some extra challenge.
That said, the 8 Gyms and the Elite Four already represent 12 specific types. The remaining 5 can be put for the post-game League.

With something like that and a Battle Frontier, it would be a nice post-game challenge.
Iirc the orange league had 4 badges and then ash had to face the champion. I know anime =\= games but that would be an excellent way to knock off the 5 extra types, and add some post game incentive, I never bothered exploring the 2nd half of Unova in bw because I had no incentive, and I never made it past the 2nd gym in bw2 cause I lost interest

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
that would be cool
kinda like G/S/C and HGGSS

GSCHGSS didn't really offer you much reason to either. Or at least not from a storyline perspective. It was basically "Hey, there's a new region with 8 more gyms, get to it". Um, why? What am I accomplishing by defeating these remaining gym leaders? I'm already the Champion, and Kanto doesn't have a separate Pokemon League, so there's no real point to it.

Last edited:

☭Azimuth_055☣

Thou enraged?
GSCHGSS didn't really offer you much reason to either. Or at least not from a storyline perspective. It was basically "Hey, there's a new region with 8 more gyms, get to it". Um, why? What am I accomplishing by defeating these remaining gym leaders? I'm already the Champion, and Kanto doesn't have a separate Pokemon League, so there's no real point to it.

Yeah, it's more like a post-game stuff except that you get to battle another player character which served as a mini elite four

RoySceptile

Bakaner
An 'area' like the Sevii Islands would be great; nice, tropical feel.
Also, I'd like them to bring back secret bases; being able to make one on the islands would be good.

Blackjack the Titan

It’s been a while

Can we get on with the connecting regions speculation already? I for one hope that the sixth gen region is not connected to the Unova region. By the way, where is the Unova region in repect to the Kanto/Johto/Kanjoh regiona.

fitzy909

Just another guy
Can we get on with the connecting regions speculation already? I for one hope that the sixth gen region is not connected to the Unova region. By the way, where is the Unova region in repect to the Kanto/Johto/Kanjoh regiona.

it's a large distance away. it's not confirmed exactly where, but i guess sort of other side of the world. i think that unova will be connected to the new region, as the first two regions were joined and they were part of a large land mass, like unova. sinnoh and hoenn were islands and couldn't be joined. i don't know if i want them to be, but it is fairly likely.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder

Okay.

It's almost certainly not going to connect with another region, because its real life equivalent is far away from Japan and the U.S. (the only two countries that have inspired past gen regions). Following this logic, the new region will also likely be far away from all past gen regions like Unova was to Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, and Sinnoh. This prediction is further supported by the fact that the route numbers have reset again, the trailer shows a Rt. 3 which does not resemble Kanto or Unova's.

Now it is very much possible that we could get two completely new regions in the game, but the only way that will likely happen is if the second region is like the Sevii Islands, a smaller post game area which is significantly less fleshed out.

Blackjack the Titan

It’s been a while
Speaking of regions what should the new region be called? I'm sure GameFreak hasn't released that yet.

Maybe Tourde as in Tour de France. Or something along the lines of some European region.
Unova was kind of American with the word United in it, but I have a feeling it was hinting at the spanish number 'uno', so maybe there will be a mix of a European region with one of the languages number 2 (deux, zwei, and dois are popular options).

gpt11

I wonder if they will have a Disney Land Paris type Town? instead of Disney Themed ride they will be themed after the Pokemon Movies

Status
Not open for further replies.