• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Kalos Region Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarkSword39

Heehouhouhouhou!
I still see Unova appearing as possible. Why? The route 3 in the trailer seems to have the basic shape of Unova Route 3, even with buildings in similar places. And we don't know how much time has passed between Gen V and Gen VI, so changes are possible, like BW Route 4 was heavily changed in BW2, and a landslide cut off Route 10.
I hope not. I'd rather not go back, just one region would be fine with me (unless they add Hoenn).

I hope they add a huge mountain range, like Mt. Coronet. Something huge to explore. Possibly volcano/snowy mountain? That probably isn't possible in real life, but hey, we're talking Pokemon here.

AuroriumX

The Interceptor
I hope not. I'd rather not go back, just one region would be fine with me (unless they add Hoenn).

I hope they add a huge mountain range, like Mt. Coronet. Something huge to explore. Possibly volcano/snowy mountain? That probably isn't possible in real life, but hey, we're talking Pokemon here.

Well France does have the highest mountain in Europe, Mont Blanc. That could very well be implemented into the games.

Blackjack the Titan

It’s been a while

Maybe on the map this mountain range could be Horizontal and have more of jungle and wind themes too it. Volcanic, icy, rocky, and water-based mountain ranges have already been used, so something that has to do with wind, and then your Pokémon has to learn an HM that keeps you from being blown away by air currents on the mountain.

What do you guys think of my Gym Speculation some posts below?

DarkSword39

Heehouhouhouhou!
Maybe on the map this mountain range could be Horizontal and have more of jungle and wind themes too it. Volcanic, icy, rocky, and water-based mountain ranges have already been used, so something that has to do with wind, and then your Pokémon has to learn an HM that keeps you from being blown away by air currents on the mountain.
I like the wind and jungle mountains idea. And the Mont Blanc could be in it, too. Remember the mountain in the Lucairo movie that looked like a tree? I always wanted that in a game.

☭Azimuth_055☣

Thou enraged?
I like the wind and jungle mountains idea. And the Mont Blanc could be in it, too. Remember the mountain in the Lucairo movie that looked like a tree? I always wanted that in a game.

You mean the tree of beginning? Yeah, that would be nice, but it would be nicer if there is a hybrid of both.

Lunafreya Nox Fleuret

Don't look here.
Seriously? You really think we'll be visiting Unova again for the third time?

My thoughts exactly. It would be so bland if X and Y would be Unova again or even have it as a side region to visit. I think it is time we have Hoenn as a side region. Hoenn was the best one imo. X and Y will be a completely region which looks exactly like Europe as opposed to Unova.

Unova had two games. Time to move on.

Yveltal96

A little more human
we shouldn't be able to visit any previous regions in this game unless they decide to give us an airplane to get there or something
otherwise it won't happen because this region is france based which is fairly far away from japan and new york

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
I still see Unova appearing as possible. Why? The route 3 in the trailer seems to have the basic shape of Unova Route 3, even with buildings in similar places. And we don't know how much time has passed between Gen V and Gen VI, so changes are possible, like BW Route 4 was heavily changed in BW2, and a landslide cut off Route 10.

There is a near 0% chance this is Unova Rt. 3, the geography is too drastically different, and the buildings are in fact, not in similar places. For reference, here's Unova Rt. 3:

Unova_Route_3.png

And here's the new one:

Pokemon-X-Y-3DS-Route-3.jpg

Now looking at this, it's pretty clear that the PC is at the edge of the route from the sign. But it can possibly be from either edge of the route, so let's look at both:

Striaton City: First of all, entering Rt. 3 from Striaton City would mean we would be facing north. But if that were true, we wouldn't be able to see a city in the distance, the Day Care should be right in front of us. So that wouldn't work. Even if they moved the entrance so you would walk west to Rt. 3, it would still be nothing like Rt. 3 because we should be able to see Wellspring Cave just right of the distant city.

Nacrene City: There's a couple of minor things that makes this highly unlikely. The city doesn't look much like Striaton City. The Pokemon Center would not be right inside the Striaton City line. Unova Rt. 3's geography would suggest that Striaton City is either uphill or at the same elevations as Nacrene, not downhill like this one is. And the pond on the south side of Unova Rt. 3 is missing or obscured.

No matter which way you start, none of the major landmarks of Unova Rt. 3 are visible in the screenshot, and the landmarks that are visible don't match up with what we know of the area. So the only conclusion that makes any sense is that this is not the same Rt. 3, but in fact a completely different one in the new region.

Anyway, I'd like the gym puzzles to be harder. Perhaps a Ice/Fire dual gym based somewhere with water, and you have to press certain buttons to freeze/evaporate water?

Sounds too similar to Pastoria Gym's puzzle where you have to press buttons to affect the water level.

we shouldn't be able to visit any previous regions in this game unless they decide to give us an airplane to get there or something
otherwise it won't happen because this region is france based which is fairly far away from japan and new york

That, and there'd be problems with level pacing and content. Two regions essentially means that we get the same length of game divided between the two.

Blackjack the Titan

It’s been a while
There is a near 0% chance this is Unova Rt. 3, the geography is too drastically different, and the buildings are in fact, not in similar places. For reference, here's Unova Rt. 3:

Unova_Route_3.png

And here's the new one:

Pokemon-X-Y-3DS-Route-3.jpg

Now looking at this, it's pretty clear that the PC is at the edge of the route from the sign.

The buildings aren't even in the same place, at all!
@MidnightFennekin: although we can imply that Unova could have changed over time and buildings were moved or renovated, the land placement of Unova Rt. 3 has very little similarity to the land placement of sixthgenregion Rt. 3. The inclined plateau on the right in sixthgenregion Rt. 3 is non existent in Unova Rt. 3. And even if it was, How would the dirt build up on top of trees?
And you can't possibly think that there's a cave off to the west of the town in the sixth gen screenshot, do you?

Unova should not be revisited, but I think Hoenn, Sinnoh, and Kanjoh regions should become DLC if GameFreak turns to it this generation. But definitely not Unova! And DLC is still highly unlikely.

Furret Master

Champion Seeker
While I think the idea of revisiting regions would be interesting, I think that they would need to do what the did in 2nd gen and revisit one region only. If they made all regions available, it would be difficult to try and balance it so that you're not just steamrolling through your third or fourth region. Honestly, they could probably make it work, but they would need to be very careful about how they would go about doing that.

Yveltal96

A little more human
ooooo now that it as been mentioned, maybe since we are in this new generation, they might give us purchasable DLC to go to different regions by giving us a certain plane ticket
a red ticket to go to kanto, a silver ticket to go to johto, a jewel ticket to go to hoenn, a pearl ticket to go to sinnoh, and a black ticket to go to the unova
not saying it will happen, but they do have the option to make DLC i don't see why not abuse this ability and make this one of the coolest games in existance

Gloryus

Where's Wally?
With the first installment of Gen VI, I'd think that GF would just like to focus on the new gen alone with the first full 3D adventure before allowing any visiting of previous gens to later installments.

pkmntraineramit

Anyway, I'd like the gym puzzles to be harder. Perhaps a Ice/Fire dual gym based somewhere with water, and you have to press certain buttons to freeze/evaporate water?

Someone did a comparison of unovas route 3 with the route 3 from the trailer and they don't look alike at all, the shapes are completely different. And also, Game freak would be so stupid if they gave us Unova as the setting of a brand new generation. Different starters also means different region, because the 3 starters are always unique to the region

Aegon

interesting thought
maybe it is but what does the shiny haxorus have to do with the new region
Do you expect anyone to have an answer to that? Even if the Nature Preserve were part of X and Y's region, the shiny Haxorus would not have to be involved.

Yveltal96

A little more human
I don't care much about it. I honestly thuoght the whole place was worthless.

idk in who elses book a shiny haxorus is worthless but alright then

Do you expect anyone to have an answer to that? Even if the Nature Preserve were part of X and Y's region, the shiny Haxorus would not have to be involved.

no i expect speculation? hence the title of the thread?
you know maybe we could come up with some cool backstory for it?

Status
Not open for further replies.