• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Kalos Region Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nockturne

The UK actually makes an appearance in the game. The domes we see in the trailer are based off of Eden Project in Cornwall.

Hopefully they'd create a ferris wheel based on the London eye and a tower based off of Big Ben.

Has that been confirmed or are you just guessing?

happinas

fairy~
I mainly say that as I love Japan so much :p
The whole of America in 1 region and the United Kingdom into 3 regions? Uhm..

Yveltal96

A little more human
while is was a france based observatory, i really hope the British Isles makes an appearance in this game somehow as something similar to that of the sevii islands it was just such a cool feature i think a few islands wouldn't hurt

WNDR

Being from England I hope they'll eventually do the British isles separate to this new region.

I would love to see at least ont UK Based Area in the game..maybe the Battle Frointer (In this game) could be based on the UK..thoughts on this?

Courpse_Mew

It's a waste. Why would you waste the UK on a tiny island for the battle facilities?

Exactly. We need to keep our heads about this. The new region is all but labeled PokeParis. The UK will get their region, someday. It's inevitable. London is so iconic and has perfect water ways to make for a well balance map of a region. All there is to do is wait for GF to make it happen.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
I think it´s pretty sad if they are already on france :-/

Me too, I would love to see more regions based on the U.S. Although that's mainly because I want to see my home state of Maryland in Pokemon form (which will probably never happen for like, at least 5-10 generations, aside from D.C., there's not much that's truly iconic to anyone worldwide or even nationwide for that matter).

MidnightFennekin

Unwashed skank
Exactly. We need to keep our heads about this. The new region is all but labeled PokeParis. The UK will get their region, someday. It's inevitable. London is so iconic and has perfect water ways to make for a well balance map of a region. All there is to do is wait for GF to make it happen.

The UK is very small (it fits into Alaska like a hundred times!), so it as a small post-game area could make sense, especially due to the famous English Channel and Channel Tunnel. Remember, 3DS has more memory than the DS, so (a) bigger region(s) is bound to happen. Plus, the UK wouldn't be a very interesting region on its own. Our weather pattern? Rain. Rain. Rain. Rain. Rain. Rain. Rain. Did I mention the DAMNED RAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! >: ( You guys have noooooo idea! (Unless your British!)

Plus, who said the UK had to be small? HG/SS had two huge regions (Not counting G/S/C as they removed certain Kanto areas or shrunk them!) and it got along fine!

SlowPokeBroKing

Future Gym Leader
Me too, I would love to see more regions based on the U.S. Although that's mainly because I want to see my home state of Maryland in Pokemon form (which will probably never happen for like, at least 5-10 generations, aside from D.C., there's not much that's truly iconic to anyone worldwide or even nationwide for that matter).
I think it would be cool to have one more US region. I want the south, California, maybe Seattle, Detroit, Devil's Tower (Wyoming landmark), and a few other places to be represented.

They could easily do a town in the game based on Baltimore. Could be overrun with Murkrow and Honchkrow to reference Poe.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
I think it would be cool to have one more US region. I want the south, California, maybe Seattle, Detroit, Devil's Tower (Wyoming landmark), and a few other places to be represented.

I can think of a ton of places in the U.S. they could do. New England, Baltimore/D.C., Philadelphia (possibly as part of the Baltimore/D.C. region), Florida (particularly Miami), Chicago, New Orleans, Texas, California (split up into at least 2 or 3 regions), and Seattle seem like good places.

They could easily do a town in the game based on Baltimore. Could be overrun with Murkrow and Honchkrow to reference Poe.

I don't think many people would get the reference, especially considering that Murkrow and Honchkrow are crows, not ravens. Besides, poets aren't exactly that well known. Hell, even I tend to forget that Poe lived in Baltimore, and that's where I grew up.

Realistically, it'd probably be some combination of Virbank City, BW1 Driftveil City, and maybe a bit of Canalave City. We're a port city first and foremost.

But we're getting off topic.

On that note, what kinds of areas in France would you like to see represented? Besides what's already been shown, I wouldn't mind seeing a beach area based on Normandy and a snowy area based on the Alps.

Blackjack the Titan

It’s been a while
On that note, what kinds of areas in France would you like to see represented? Besides what's already been shown, I wouldn't mind seeing a beach area based on Normandy and a snowy area based on the Alps.

Normandy and Nice can be both port cities, maybe Normandy being the Port city to another part of the region and Nice being like Dewford/Undella port towns.
The Alps would be a pretty cool mountain range for the region.
Toulouse and Marseille could be the big cities.
Can't think of a French small town that could be the starting point for the game.

SlowPokeBroKing

Future Gym Leader
I can think of a ton of places in the U.S. they could do. New England, Baltimore/D.C., Philadelphia (possibly as part of the Baltimore/D.C. region), Florida (particularly Miami), Chicago, New Orleans, Texas, California (split up into at least 2 or 3 regions), and Seattle seem like good places.

I don't think many people would get the reference, especially considering that Murkrow and Honchkrow are crows, not ravens. Besides, poets aren't exactly that well known. Hell, even I tend to forget that Poe lived in Baltimore, and that's where I grew up.

Realistically, it'd probably be some combination of Virbank City, BW1 Driftveil City, and maybe a bit of Canalave City. We're a port city first and foremost.

But we're getting off topic.

I know that -krow is in their names but I've read that at least Honchkrow's design is more based off of a raven than a crow. Plus, crows are close to ravens and we don't have any raven Pokemon, so I was stretching a little.

I think it's pretty common knowledge that Poe is closely tied to Baltimore (at least in the US). Hell, they have a professional football team that just won the Super Bowl named exclusively after Poe's Raven.

Blackjack the Titan

It’s been a while
I know that -krow is in their names but I've read that at least Honchkrow's design is more based off of a raven than a crow. Plus, crows are close to ravens and we don't have any raven Pokemon, so I was stretching a little.

I think it's pretty common knowledge that Poe is closely tied to Baltimore (at least in the US). Hell, they have a professional football team that just won the Super Bowl named exclusively after Poe's Raven.

Well, after they won, more People wanted to know the teams name's origin. Honchkrow is more based on a Raven than Murkrow. Raven-like Pokémon could be implemented into the game though. Speaking of which, how about a Baltimore based town with a Dark gym?

Shneak

this is a Nessa x Sonia stan account ✨
It didn't occur to me until recently that Flash on the overworld could be pretty interesting. They could make caves and tunnels have a creepy atmosphere, and the 3D will add to the effect.

I would like to see a catacombs location too, probably under the Eiffel Tower city, like the Castelia Sewers. It would be filled with ghost types and rare bones/ancient items. I suppose it could be the game's resident creepy location.

Status
Not open for further replies.