• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Kalos Region Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

storm12

Weather Bearer
Who thinks that Karos region might be romanized as Kalos region? I dunno something about Kalos seems more likely in translations- or is it just me?

R_N

Who thinks that Karos region might be romanized as Kalos region? I dunno something about Kalos seems more likely in translations- or is it just me?

It depends on if it's supposed to be an r or l, but also depends on if the region will keep the name everywhere

Liltwick

Just your Sleepy FIzzy Mod
I just recently saw the Pokedex news at the main site and glad to know that the region is separated into three areas.
This could only mean that this region is so big and diverse, the region has to be divided into sub-regions.

This also leads me to think that each sub-region might have a corresponding Legendary, but this is not the right place to discuss it.

Well, if that is the case I'm guessing that we're going to be getting a lot of Pokemon in this region, and I'm guessing that the battlefield we've been seeing so far might be from Central Karos? It does look like it'll be mostly grasslands...

Oshakpop

Eeveelution Master
Well Isshu turned to Unova, it could be anything. Although they meant very similar things.

By the way, do we have any idea of what the region name means?

General Nonsense

Star Glider
I just recently saw the Pokedex news at the main site and glad to know that the region is separated into three areas.
This could only mean that this region is so big and diverse, the region has to be divided into sub-regions.

This also leads me to think that each sub-region might have a corresponding Legendary, but this is not the right place to discuss it.

I thought that it said that the pokedex would be separated into three areas. It could just be a way of organizing the pokemon in the dex, but who knows. Though if the region was so huge it needed to be divided, that would be awesome since a huge reagion means more places to explore.

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
I thought that it said that the pokedex would be separated into three areas. It could just be a way of organizing the pokemon in the dex, but who knows. Though if the region was so huge it needed to be divided, that would be awesome since a huge reagion means more places to explore.

Well, yes. It was the Pokedex that is divided into three. But that's also applies to the region technically.
I know that it might not mean anything besides habitat organization in the Pokedex, but it is still nice to have a region officially divided into sub-regions.

Ace of Shades

If the region is as big as some people think it is(I counted 13 towns/cities) then I think it would be cool if in the region itself there were another 8 post-game gyms.

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
Well, yes. It was the Pokedex that is divided into three. But that's also applies to the region technically.
I know that it might not mean anything besides habitat organization in the Pokedex, but it is still nice to have a region officially divided into sub-regions.

Does it? I can clearly see a few seperate mountain ranges in the west, north and south. I still think it just catalogs the different pokemon in several sub categories. If you had this in Red/Blue, then:
- Tentacool, Staryu, Seel, Shellder, etc would be pokemon found in Coastal Kanto, although they are not necessarily found all in the same place.
- Onix, Diglett, Geodude, Charmander, Cubone, Rhydon, etc would be Mountain Range Kanto pokemon, although they're not found in the same 'mountain ranges/caves'.
- Spearow, Drowzee, Abra, Bellsprout, Meowth, Pikachu, etc would be Central Kanto pokemon, eventhough they're not all found in central regions.

Personally, I agree with your second sentiment, and this is just the FR/LG-dex but more comprised into three subheadings.

If Mont st. Michel turns out to be the league I'll be pleasantly surprised. I've been there quite a few times, and it never ceases to amaze me.

Ver-mont

I can see them changing it into something completely different with "n" somewhere.

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
I can see them changing it into something completely different with "n" somewhere.

I see what you did there ;)

1. Kanto
2. Johto
3. Hoenn
4. Sinnoh
5. Unova
6. Karos

And considering how Isshu didn't even have an N as well, I think it is more likely to speculate on an O-sound in the English name.

Jinglefruit

Mad hatter

On a related ish note, I had it pointed out to me that it could be X uses the Mountain dex, leading to Xerneas, and Y uses the Coastal with Yveltal. Then the Main dex is just the official one for the region. So the 2 games end up being comparable to BW's 1 and 2 for starting positions. This way you can loop around the region differently so you have less of the issue with half the pokedex not being seen until past a point where you're looking for party members. At any rate I'm praying it's more than just a way of ordering the pokedex.

EDIT: Though it's actually called Central dex not Main. So that's probably not the case. Oh well, still speculation, eh?

I was thinking Karos might change to sound closer to Euro, so maybe end up just Karo, or Kuros. - Seeing as Unova was thought to be a weird 5 letter shortened UNited states OF/V America.
Though that's just a random outlandish thought, and I see no problem with Karos as it is.

Last edited:

The Karos Region
Seems to take a Nice Hazy Star Shape Look to It.

I Find it Really Interesting that The Karos Region Pokedex is Separated into 3 Areas: Central Karos Pokedex, Coastal Karos Pokedex, and Mountain Karos Pokedex. This Lets Me to Believe That The Region is so Huge and That The Regional Dex will Contain Many Older Pokemon and Many Newly Acquired Pokemon as Well.

Last edited:

Espeon POWER!

Coral Eye Trainer
The region split really did make me think about how much more the 3DS can do compared to the DS like in Fire Emblem Awakening I believe the designers were surprised at how much more they could do and had started basic and revamped to much higher quality, though ended up keeping the feet very basic for some reason or another yet in pokemon so far it's still mostly the general basic overworld like design and most of the big shots so far are on the battles.
Anyway my point is that the power boost and the split point towards the region possibly being much lager than they have ever done before, having much more room to design it which can mean we get a larger and longer gameplay amount and have many more places to travel to.
It all seems so exciting and I can't wait to see the full extent of the region.

Getting a better look of that tiny map it seems surf could end up coming back as a big HM but via rivers instead of sea routes, which could be interesting.

IrieFuse

Unify To Thrive
the idea of having 3 possible different starting towns sounds interesting and I like it but I don't think it would happen. though I think it would make them more money as it would further encourage people to buy both version :p

diakyu

having three starting times would force GF to work a lot of levels around. Unless all three paths merge very early on.

Machomacho

Is that big blob in the top left hand corner apart of the region? Just curious because its really catching my wye.

BunniBear4

Pokémon Trainer
The Karos Region
Seems to take a Nice Hazy Star Shape Feel to It.

I Find it Really Interesting that The Karos Region Pokedex is Separated into 3 Areas: Central Karos Pokedex, Coastal Karos Pokedex, and Mountain Karos Pokedex. This Lets Me to Believe That The Region is so Huge and That The Regional Dex will Contain Many Older Pokemon and Many Newer Pokemon as Well.

I feel as if there may be a chance to have more than the usual "just over 100" new Pokemon because of this. Much less than Unova I think, but more than Johto or Sinnoh. Maybe 120-135, closer to Hoenn's new batch. I honestly want to know how this region plays out because of the separate sections of the dex though and I honestly think this is the most I've been intrigued by a new region this much prior to the gen's release.

Last edited:

Blackjack the Titan

It’s been a while
Is that big blob in the top left hand corner apart of the region? Just curious because its really catching my wye.

Nope. It seems to be some kind of sea on a mountain maybe. Looks interesting though.

Also, could Miare City be the bright area at the center of the star-shaped region?

Status
Not open for further replies.