• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Kalos Region Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

metalbryce

Observer
It's in his sig.

Also, I feel like lava will probably be the same as all the other times we've seen it in pokemon games - something decorative and and obstacle, but not something to interact with. I can't think of a game other than those of first gen that DIDN'T have lava in some way. Blackthorn Gym, Mt. Chimney, Stark Mountain, White 2's Reversal Mounain...

Lava is pretty much a decorative staple? I have no reason to really believe it's gonna be anything different than what it's been in the past games.

Good catch. Yeah, that's lame of him.

I don't know if I'd want it to be anything other than decorative.

MidnightFennekin

Unwashed skank
Why are people under the impression that X and Y will have different storyline paths? Is it because of Xerneas and Yveltal's speculated locations? That's not reason enough to say it'll happen, they could always restrict you from catching them until the end of the game regardless of when you visit their locations.

I think it's because of the Pokedex split. GF have decided to up the version exclusive things, and we see that the Pokedex is diveded into three. A perfect opurtunity!

And plus, The French Flag has Blue to the Left (East, which we assume is Coastal Kalos), White in the Center (Central Kalos) and Red to the right (West, what we assume is Mountain Kalos). Xerneas and Yvetal match two colors of the flag, so we just assume.

Also, Mountain Kalos' Symbol has red, and Coastal Kalos' is blue, which also match the flag and the legends.

Last edited:

Blackjack the Titan

It’s been a while
I think it's because of the Pokedex split. GF have decided to up the version exclusive things, and we see that the Pokedex is diveded into three. A perfect opurtunity!

And plus, The French Flag has Blue to the Left (East, which we assume is Coastal Kalos), White in the Center (Central Kalos) and Red to the right (West, what we assume is Mountain Kalos). Xerneas and Yvetal match two colors of the flag, so we just assume.

Also, Mountain Kalos' Symbol has red, and Coastal Kalos' is blue, which also match the flag and the legends.

So the Central Kalos is white, and that could only mean…

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member

Blackjack the Titan

It’s been a while
Yeah. The third Legendary that would make up the trio is probably white.

Well, I was just making a connection. I hope regions in future gens aren't as easy to find clues about the game after this gen.

Edit: and that's if my speculation is correct.

Blaquaza

Elite Spritist
Well, I was just making a connection. I hope regions in future gens aren't as easy to find clues about the game after this gen.

Edit: and that's if my speculation is correct.
Personally, I like it when we're given hints. That way, we can still speculate, but on something that's actually hinted at, as opposed to anything that we want to.

metalbryce

Observer

What makes you think we'll get more version exclusives? I think it'll be about the same as always.

Only thing I like about hoenn is Sceptile. And Mawile

No one cares?

Gergenator

Veteran Trainer
so what news did smash show saturday?

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder

While that would be nice, I don't think we can start making assumptions about that just yet, like I said they could do it like GSC where they just block off the mascots' habitats until end game.

What makes you think we'll get more version exclusives? I think it'll be about the same as always.

That's not what he's saying. He's saying they're upping the ante on version exclusives by having version exclusive storyline paths. You know, like how 5th gen introduced version exclusive areas with Black City/White Forest, Opelucid City, and BW2 Rt. 4?

Blackjack the Titan

It’s been a while
That's not what he's saying. He's saying they're upping the ante on version exclusives by having version exclusive storyline paths. You know, like how 5th gen introduced version exclusive areas with Black City/White Forest, Opelucid City, and BW2 Rt. 4?

Well, if in version exclusives they made you go to, say Coastal or Mountain Kalos districts to find the legendary then I would see a bit of GSC like you said, but maybe you just see the other legendary when you go to the opposite side of the region and not necessarily catch it.

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?

You, good ser/lady, need to learn what is west, and what is east, or take a good night's sleep. Coastal Kalos is in the West (left) and Mountain Kalos is in the East (right).

Only thing I like about Hoenn is Sceptile. And Mawile

Because your username is not based off a move used by Hoenn Legendary-pair Latios and Latias? Just seems off, I think you're lying! Liar, liar, pants on fire!

While that would be nice, I don't think we can start making assumptions about that just yet, like I said they could do it like GSC where they just block off the mascots' habitats until end game.

The storyline parts happened with Drayden and Iris didn't it? I'm sure that was enough..

Well, if in version exclusives they made you go to, say Coastal or Mountain Kalos districts to find the legendary then I would see a bit of GSC like you said, but maybe you just see the other legendary when you go to the opposite side of the region and not necessarily catch it.

Oh boy, this reminds me of one of those early Black and White trailers where Zekrom and Reshiram were standing on top of the opposing mountains in Unova, oh how that went absolutely nowhere.. -.-

Gergenator

Veteran Trainer
so do ya'll really think we will be able to check our pokemon EV's?

LusterPurge

Victory Star
@ locormus

Latios too ! :p I forgot
Yeah. The third Legendary that would make up the trio is probably white.

You say it like its confirmed or is a guarantee. For all we know they could pull a johto and have a legendary mascot duo. Maybe Y will have newtwo :3

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
The storyline parts happened with Drayden and Iris didn't it? I'm sure that was enough..

Not what we're talking about. We're talking about taking different paths through the region, so that you'd visit different areas at different points in the game depending on your version.

General Nonsense

Star Glider
so do ya'll really think we will be able to check our pokemon EV's?

While that would be useful, I kinda doubt it. Or at least it won't tell us exactly what they are. There may be some NPC who says "Hey, your pokemon worked really hard in speed!" Pretty much saying which stat has the most EVs in it. Chances are we won't get a numerical value for any or all of them.

metalbryce

Observer
I would say the word "probably" doesn't indicate anything close to confirmation or guarantee.

Took the words from my mouth!

I hate how sad this thread has gotten since the map hype is over. I was thinking today that I'd love an expansive underground area. Kind of like Diglet's Tunnel in Kanto but much bigger. It could really add a lot to an already huge region. There could be surfing areas, areas for legendaries, and extra trainers to help you train up.

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
You say it like its confirmed or is a guarantee. For all we know they could pull a johto and have a legendary mascot duo. Maybe Y will have newtwo :3

I never confirmed or guaranteed anything.
You PROBABLY didn't read my post properly.

Status
Not open for further replies.