• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Kalos Region Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

superyellowduck

Ace Trainer
I think the whole 'Flag' is just a coincidence to the legendaries locations, its like when BW came out and everyone thought they would be found on the 2 mountains opposite each other. It would make sense for Xerneas to be in a forest but there isn't even one in the coastal area..

I think this too. People are analysing every tiny detail far too much. It probably is just a coincidence.

Gergenator

Veteran Trainer
i think Xerneas will be found by that lone tree

bloocookies

I really hope Yveltal is found on top of the Eiffel Tower or at the highest point of the giant "Tree/Mountain" I can just picture a cut scene where it screeches and slowly rises from the clouds to challenge the player

Minedreigon

A monument to all your sins
I reckon the region will be full of labs. Why? Well, I heard of these chromosomes that decide gender and asked my science teacher what they are called, and he said they were called x and y. So, is this game DNA based?

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
I reckon the region will be full of labs. Why? Well, I heard of these chromosomes that decide gender and asked my science teacher what they are called, and he said they were called x and y. So, is this game DNA based?

That's what everybody is leaning towards as the most plausible.

Skiddsy

Amping It Up

Helix iconography is already seen in a few places. The X/Y connection to genetics is pretty much assured. Don't see why that means there will be labs everywhere, though. Lots of biologists work in the field, anyways. Granted, "Pokemon Professors" are the equivalent of zoologists/biologists in the pokemon universe.

kemal07

Anyone have any ideas on which buildings on the map may be the Gyms? If this has been picked up on already, has there been any map image posts of highlighted Gym possibilities?

Ditto24

Anyone have any ideas on which buildings on the map may be the Gyms? If this has been picked up on already, has there been any map image posts of highlighted Gym possibilities?

Some have talked about this, it was alot easier to tell on the Unova map, but most of the towns dont have any major building that could be a gym... Only the pink/purple statue in the east. Nothing else seems to scream 'Gym', atleast I dont think so.

kemal07

Some have talked about this, it was alot easier to tell on the Unova map, but most of the towns dont have any major building that could be a gym... Only the pink/purple statue in the east. Nothing else seems to scream 'Gym', atleast I dont think so.

Exactly, thats why I though I should ask out. It really is difficult to predict this time.

Ditto24

Exactly, thats why I though I should ask out. It really is difficult to predict this time.

As long as the order of gyms feels fresh I wont mind. But if we get Ice 7th, Dragon/Water 8th etc then it will get old really quick. Same with Elite 4. Psychic,Dark, Fighting and Ghost all need a rest from the E4 for atleast 2 gens.

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
I hope the region has some unique places that haven't been used before in Pokemon. How about a circus or carnival city area? They could even have some kind of battle game at the spot or something, I don't know. Maybe a aquarium can be in one of the cities. On a 3DS that must look cool, right?

Ditto24

I hope the region has some unique places that haven't been used before in Pokemon. How about a circus or carnival city area? They could even have some kind of battle game at the spot or something, I don't know. Maybe a aquarium can be in one of the cities. On a 3DS that must look cool, right?

Carnival would be awesome, maybe we could have a gym with a puzzle to do with mirrors that makes it confusing to navigate :)

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
Carnival would be awesome, maybe we could have a gym with a puzzle to do with mirrors that makes it confusing to navigate :)

Actually a carnival gym does sound fun. They could have a bunch of clowns and stage performers be the trainers you fight as you go through the puzzle. Maybe even have a wacky attraction like laughing doors and clown doors where the player has to put on a clown suit to enter through a certain door or something just for laughs.

Ditto24

Actually a carnival gym does sound fun. They could have a bunch of clowns and stage performers be the trainers you fight as you go through the puzzle. Maybe even have a wacky attraction like laughing doors and clown doors where the player has to put on a clown suit to enter through a certain door or something just for laughs.

I'm scared of clowns so that would be the worst gym ever! also hated Castelia :( But the carnival would be cool to have lots of little attractions. I found it odd that Nimbasa was meant to be an amusement park but all it had was a ferris wheel :S

kemal07

A carnival would be great!, I'm up for a Ghost type gym based within a Ghost train ride , That would be pretty cool

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
I'm scared of clowns so that would be the worst gym ever! also hated Castelia :( But the carnival would be cool to have lots of little attractions. I found it odd that Nimbasa was meant to be an amusement park but all it had was a ferris wheel :S

I never considered Nimbasa a amusement park. Just a city with sports players, a ferris wheel, and a fashion model Gym Leader who loves roller coasters. I'm sure Elesa's familiar with the song "Roller Coaster of Love" back on topic I would love a actually amusement park in a Pokemon game and have some kind of event there as well.

bushie

i agree ghost gyms are always cool. i do love the riding poemon aspect.i hope you have 2 speeds like on the bike. the region looks great and because its star shaped i hope the region has a lot of history about space and the pkmn universe,(you know pokes that came from space meteors etc..)

superyellowduck

Ace Trainer
Are we completely sure that the X and Y come from chromosomes? I thought maybe it referred to a 3D axis - X, Y and then Z since there isn't a Z chromosome unless you're talking about bird species (they have gender chromosomes ZW)

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
Are we completely sure that the X and Y come from chromosomes? I thought maybe it referred to a 3D axis - X, Y and then Z since there isn't a Z chromosome unless you're talking about bird species (they have gender chromosomes ZW)

Chromosomes appear in the title logos of the Japanese games, as well as on the weird wristwatches the protagonists are wearing.

Since we don't whether or not there will be a game called "Pokemon Z," it works so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.