• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Kalos Region Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Firebrand

Indomitable
While I think the electric gym is more likely than this, I'm not discounting the possibility that Lumiose City might have the grass gym.

Remember in the early trailer that the trainer was shown climbing an artificial tree on a metal walkway via rope swings, and that's widely believed to be a gym. I haven't seen any other tall structures that would fit that as yet, plus I think it would just be plain cool to climb the Eiffel Tower using ivy, vines and rope wings. What with the presence of Gogoat in the city, I could definitely see the leader having one as their signature pokemon.

Skiddsy

Amping It Up
One interesting thing I noticed... the windmill town doesn't really have snow in it.
If there was, that lone tree should at least have some...

Are there more windmills than just that one town? The one we saw in the trailer has solar panels on it - I assume it's in a warmer place. (I also assume helioptile will be associated with it - six blades, solar panels...)

SilverFox

So sly
So one of the hoard pictures has level 8 Axew...while that is great and all, I don't see any caves near the start that would have level 8 anything. So I wonder where they would be at.

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
Maybe the Axews are just underleveled because GameFreak is dicks?

I mean, they did the same thing to Gible in DP, where it's inaccessible until you have Strength yet is underleveled as crap, so I wouldn't put it past them.

Mystic Flygon

So one of the hoard pictures has level 8 Axew...while that is great and all, I don't see any caves near the start that would have level 8 anything. So I wonder where they would be at.

It might be a post game place, similar to G/S/C where trainers had high level pokemon but the wild pokemon where all low level. I doubt my own theory but anything's possible.

Geekachu

I'd like to think that this is a self-referential joke at the rehashed aspects of Pokemon games ;)

Last edited:

Regality

Digital King

Might just be an example level?

Pilpulp

美的
I think because of the pictures we got from coro coro, it is safe to say that the town south-east from Lumiose city, is Asame Town

The Super Kid

The Underdog :(
I think the Eiffel Tower Gym will be an Electric type gym.

Partly because it's in Lumiose City, which has everything to do with light. And you can't have lights and lamps without Electricity.
I definitely agree. Also doesn't anyone remember that at the announcement Pikachu shot lightning (electric!) at the beginning of the trailer?

I think the Eiffel Tower Gym will be an Electric type gym.

Partly because it's in Lumiose City, which has everything to do with light. And you can't have lights and lamps without Electricity.

Also, if you look closely, I believe the gym icon looks yellowish in color, which could also mean an electric type gym.

AcethePuma

FireFist
for the gym i´d hope for a flying gym! on top of the tower you´ll fight the gymleader...eihter on a platform or! and that would be just AWESOME! you have to fight with flying/levitating pokemon above the roofs of the city!

Rikku Takanashi

Adventuring Vulpix
I like the idea of the Effiel Tower structure being a Gym heres the types I could see it being

Fairy
What better way to really show off this new type then to have a Fairy Type Gym in one of the regions most famous Landmarks?
Normal
Because alot of Normal Types are cute and such and Normal types for some reason seem fitting for a Paris based city
Electric
This does make sense and Pikachu did shoot lightning from it and the Gym leader from Unova (can't remember her name off hand) was a Fashion Model and Paris is one of the Fashion Capitals of the world but at the same time Pikachi might have shot lightning from the top of the tower to really express the Region was France Based and that he was on one of it's most famous landmarks Also I have to wonder if somehow a Electric Gym would be near all the Green Energy things in the desert

Also with the introduction of Sky Battles a Flying type Gym is almost ALMOST garrentied maybe it has a rule where if you don't have at least one flying or levitating Pokemon on your team by the time you get to the gym (and id assume this would be a later Gym) you can't challenge the gym until you do

One thing im hoping for is that Luminose City is really beautiful at night with wonderful night music <3

Also me and a friend were discussing this but what if Luminose had Shops where you can by cloths and accessories and Hair Saloons where you can change your hair style and color and other towns have small shops which sells cloths
(I know this is more of a gameplay thing but I thought Id throw it in anyway)

DSDark

Breeder
Anyone else notice the Pokemon Gym symbol for B/W at the entrance of the Lumiose City Tower during the Gameplay 2 trailer yesterday?

k6666

Pikachu Fan
Shame that if everything in the rumors is rigth once again we don't have a dark type gym :(.

well the rumor just said 1ts gym is bug type 2nd gym is fairy type and 4th gym is fighting type
there still a hope for dark type gym :)

DSDark

Breeder
Shame that if everything in the rumors is rigth once again we don't have a dark type gym :(.

the rumors that have been only told us the 1st, 2nd and 4th gym. We still don't have the 3rd, 5th, 6th, 7th or 8th gym. Hopefully we'll get a Dark type gym this go around. It's only been the 5th generation since Gen 2 was introduced. To make matters even worse they are having a Fairy gym the first generation it's introduced.

DSDark

Breeder
Dark is a type reserved for the elite 4. It's too pro for normal gym leaders.

what makes Dark so special. Every other type has been used in a gym and most types have been used in the E4. I mean Dragon has been used for both the e4 and gyms and that's a better and more challenging type to deal with then Dark. I mean really who doesn't have a fighting type attack?

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
Now that Fairy is confirmed as a type, we absolutely must see one for a gym. The autumn themed town north of Lumiose City sounds like a good spot.

Dark is a type reserved for the elite 4. It's too pro for normal gym leaders.

Dark is no more "pro" than any other type. The only reason I think Dark hasn't been done as a gym leader yet is because of the cultural implications in Japan (since Dark type is Evil type in the Japanese version).

Status
Not open for further replies.