• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Kalos Region Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

General Nonsense

Star Glider
Perhaps for a dark type gym there could be a maze of some sort and trainers will ambush you if you go the wrong way? Ambushes could be seen as a form of dirty fighting.

Royal_Qeca

Pokémon Blue
Perhaps for a dark type gym there could be a maze of some sort and trainers will ambush you if you go the wrong way? Ambushes could be seen as a form of dirty fighting.

I doubt a gym like that would be officialized. Yet we have gym leaders (like Skyla) who want to kill us so I'm not sure anymore...

General Nonsense

Star Glider
I doubt a gym like that would be officialized. Yet we have gym leaders (like Skyla) who want to kill us so I'm not sure anymore...

When I say ambush, I mean that if you go the wrong way, you have to fight a trainer. Though I bet that if there is a dark type gym, it'll just involve the player fumbling around in the dark.

dirkac

I smash your Boxes.

Unova tried to kill us completely.

Striaton tried to strangle us with evil curtains, Nacrene tried to crush us with bookcases, Castelia tried to trap us in giant Honey walls and then impale us with spikes, Nimbasa with it's bottomless pit, Driftveil that tried to break our neck with all the rapid platforms, Mistralton with cannons and gales of wind, Iccirus with it's bottomless pit, Opelucid with it's bottomless pit, Humilau with the drowning danger, Aspertia with it's toxic chalk dust, and Virbank trying to destroy our ear drums.

S this isn't too farfetch'd, I also like the idea a bit.

dirkac

I smash your Boxes.
If contests return, I hope they are more like the ones in gen 3 than the ones in gen 4. Pokemon dress up just wasn't very fun =/

I found it to be very fun, and also kinda had Pokémon Contests feel more as if ey had some kind of counterparts to Held Items in Battles.

But, that's probably just me <_<

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
I feel there will be a grass gym from what we say in one of the trailers as the main player scaling what looks like a tree house or something (the part involving the rope swinging).

I don't think that's a gym, it's too empty and doesn't really have the usual gym look. The only reason everyone keeps labelling this as a gym is because of the vine swinging gimmick, and that's not really enough. Gimmicks can appear anywhere (see Chargestone Cave).

Unova tried to kill us completely.

Striaton tried to strangle us with evil curtains, Nacrene tried to crush us with bookcases, Castelia tried to trap us in giant Honey walls and then impale us with spikes, Nimbasa with it's bottomless pit, Driftveil that tried to break our neck with all the rapid platforms, Mistralton with cannons and gales of wind, Iccirus with it's bottomless pit, Opelucid with it's bottomless pit, Humilau with the drowning danger, Aspertia with it's toxic chalk dust, and Virbank trying to destroy our ear drums.

S this isn't too farfetch'd, I also like the idea a bit.

This made my day. LOL

Chimchar15

Does anyone think Clemont's gym will be based off the interior of a computer?

After looking at the image of you inside his gym the area looks like huge circuits and the floor appears to be a large computer chip. This would be an awesome design for a gym especially since he's an inventor it would go with him very well. Just a thought.

General Nonsense

Star Glider
Does anyone think Clemont's gym will be based off the interior of a computer?

After looking at the image of you inside his gym the area looks like huge circuits and the floor appears to be a large computer chip. This would be an awesome design for a gym especially since he's an inventor it would go with him very well. Just a thought.

It's certainly possible. Electric gym maybe?

EonDragonFTW

Flame Mistress

To each their own I suppose. As long as the Musical doesn't make a return I'll be happy.

I totally agree with this. I honestly don't know what kind of appeal the developers thought Musicals had when they implemented them in the games. I wouldn't mind Pokéwood returning though, I guess.

About a potential Dark-Type Gym, I was thinking about something that dealt with illusions and invisibility, or maybe even tilting rooms; something that would confuse the players, at least, with its unfair pranks. I was originally thinking of spikes and puffs of smoke, but I doubt they'd include that in a kids' game, so...

Regality

Digital King
I totally agree with this. I honestly don't know what kind of appeal the developers thought Musicals had when they implemented them in the games. I wouldn't mind Pokéwood returning though, I guess.

About a potential Dark-Type Gym, I was thinking about something that dealt with illusions and invisibility, or maybe even tilting rooms; something that would confuse the players, at least, with its unfair pranks. I was originally thinking of spikes and puffs of smoke, but I doubt they'd include that in a kids' game, so...

Go the wrong way and get impaled? :D

General Nonsense

Star Glider

I really like this idea. It would make a really cool gym.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder

How about a house of mirrors? That'd be interesting.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
Does anyone else think that the area featured in the demo is the route(s) between Santalune City and Lumiose City?

Status
Not open for further replies.