• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Kalos Region Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ditto24

Does anyone else think that the area featured in the demo is the route(s) between Santalune City and Lumiose City?

Yeah, you can tell by the fountain and the mazes, I honestly thought the route would be longer though based on the map. But I think it's only half of it coz there's also mazes before the fountain on the Santalune side.

Does anyone else think that the area featured in the demo is the route(s) between Santalune City and Lumiose City?
I think so, so now we can confirm that Skitty, Pikachu and Bunnelby will be available right after the first gym battle.

Flame Mistress

How about a house of mirrors? That'd be interesting.

Hm, I think that could work nicely. You could have Trainers dotted around, and some of them would just be reflections in the mirrors, and some of them could be the opposite, and you could get challenged by two people at once... not sure how the graphics and the gameplay would work around that, though.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
I think so, so now we can confirm that Skitty, Pikachu and Bunnelby will be available right after the first gym battle.

No we can't. Remember, this is just a demo video, so they may have added those pokémon just for the sake of adding them

NaturalFugitive

Linoone Conquerer
Would they be making a Dragon gym in this region? There being a fairy type, and rumors about it being immune to dragon type moves, and being able to have a x2 effect...

Would any gym leaders be having a MegaPokemon in there party, being there signature pokemon?

Would there be a special elite four member that only has MegaPokemon? Maybe the champion? ChampionMega.... MegaChampion...

Ditto24

Some might be found there, but it's by no means confirmed, wild Exeggcutor could also be found in the demo. The only Pokemon I would expect to be available there would be Flabebe hiding in the flowers :)

Flame Mistress

Would any gym leaders be having a MegaPokemon in there party, being there signature pokemon?

Would there be a special elite four member that only has MegaPokemon? Maybe the champion? ChampionMega.... MegaChampion...

Isn't it that you can only have one MegaPokémon in your party at any time? I like your first idea, though, and I guess a Champion having a team of all-MegaPokémon wouldn't be impossible, looking at Lance's team of underlevelled Dragonite, though I think it would still be a bit too unfair for the player.

dirkac

I smash your Boxes.
Isn't it that you can only have one MegaPokémon in your party at any time? I like your first idea, though, and I guess a Champion having a team of all-MegaPokémon wouldn't be impossible, looking at Lance's team of underlevelled Dragonite, though I think it would still be a bit too unfair for the player.

Well, you can have multiple Megastone holding Pokémon in your party, b ut only one can activate each battle.

Just one Gym Leader using it as a gimmick, and then in rematches all of the GLs Sigs turning Mega Evolution would IMO work well, like how Emerald handled Double Battles with rematches.

NaturalFugitive

Linoone Conquerer
Maybe they would do something they did in the Black/White games, where you didn't fight the champion at first, but you fought the leader of Team Plasma, having able to catch the legendary before you fight the battle. IDK, just an opinion...

dirkac

I smash your Boxes.
Maybe they would do something they did in the Black/White games, where you didn't fight the champion at first, but you fought the leader of Team Plasma, having able to catch the legendary before you fight the battle. IDK, just an opinion...

Honestly, I would rather they do not do that again.

It felt rather anticlimactic since your original motive was to become League Champion, and then N had to ruin that with his plot that they could have as well done before or after the Pokémon League.

I dislike the idea of interruptions in your Pokémon League challenge, unless it's the Prof/Rival giving late advice or something like that.

This is one of those things where I thought it was cool when it happened, but I wouldn't want it to happen again. It would ruin the surprise of it all. I wasn't expecting N, so that's what made it so cool and fitting within the climax. If they did it again, it would feel like a rehash.

Poetry

Dancing Mad

I'm not so much against the league interruption bit, but the idea of it being mandatory to catch the cover legendary was one which didn't sit well with me. The ridiculously low catch rates of Reshiram/Zekrom took all the fun out of it for me. It's very unlikely they would do this again anyway, and I think Team Flame will be sorted out before the League much like the other previous teams.

Aurath8

I'm not so much against the league interruption bit, but the idea of it being mandatory to catch the cover legendary was one which didn't sit well with me. The ridiculously low catch rates of Reshiram/Zekrom took all the fun out of it for me. It's very unlikely they would do this again anyway, I think Team Flame will be sorted out before the League.

1. Master Ball
2. You have infinite tries and are healed immediately after.
3. Resh/Zek actually have the highest catch rates of any legendary ever. At 45, its higher than Chatot.

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
I'm not so much against the league interruption bit, but the idea of it being mandatory to catch the cover legendary was one which didn't sit well with me. The ridiculously low catch rates of Reshiram/Zekrom took all the fun out of it for me. It's very unlikely they would do this again anyway, and I think Team Flame will be sorted out before the League much like the other previous teams.

Well, it was a much better catch rate than the likes of Ho-oh, Lugia, Groudon and Kyogre and Giratina. 45 is actually on par with standard Pokemon like Delibird, so making it mandatory isn't a huge problem if they make the capture rate something like 45 again.

Akashin

Well, it was a much better catch rate than the likes of Ho-oh, Lugia, Groudon and Kyogre and Giratina. 45 is actually on par with standard Pokemon like Delibird, so making it mandatory isn't a huge problem if they make the capture rate something like 45 again.

I'm pretty sure that Poetry made a mistake in phrasing and meant that the ease of capture was the problem. Personally I agree; I prefer non-mandatory and challenging to catch over mandatory and simple. The challenge is where the fun is for me, so if I had to have one way or the other I'd prefer that.

Takaru

Werk, Werk, Werk
I always thought it was funny how casual it was, like you defeat an evil crime organization and then its like "okay let me go defeat the elite four".

Poetry

Dancing Mad
I'm pretty sure that Poetry made a mistake in phrasing and meant that the ease of capture was the problem. Personally I agree; I prefer non-mandatory and challenging to catch over mandatory and simple. The challenge is where the fun is for me, so if I had to have one way or the other I'd prefer that.

Yes, this is what I meant to say - I said "low" when actually I meant "high". My mistake.

Last edited:

Ditto24

Correction, it maybe an Electric Gym with the leader wearing a military design. The previous electric leaders had a military design though Hoenn's was a bit more subtle

What does this have to do with his post? Also I never saw Elesa having a military design.

Ash&Pikachu-Fan

Pika-Speed
Kinda reminds me of megaman.
Sigh... Why do we have electric gyms every Gen?

Didn't for 2nd gen and it's 'cause Electric types are cool! :p

I wonder what the other 4 gym's types are, it seems like they're not going for the basic Grass/Fire/Water or Rock type of gyms, maybe like again 2nd gen where there could be a little more variety. Yes, I can already see it, Fairy and Dark type gyms finally, haha!

Status
Not open for further replies.