• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Kalos Region Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zyon

NUM NUM NUM
I'm really hopping Lumios City is huge, an I mean really HUGE with all kinds of different shops. We can actually drive inside the cabs to different parts of the City so there's gotta be a lot of shops. I have a feeling I'm going to be spending far to much of my time in Lumios City.

Rakurai

What do we know about this Pokemon Village? Is that where the Friend Safari is suppose to be or something?

I'm pretty sure that's where:

the conclusion of the Team Flare/legendary plot takes place.

dirkac

I smash your Boxes.
It is very evil to go through so much trouble making sure players don't constantly come across the same Pokemon then make a cave infamous for Zubat, the embodiment of frustration with constantly running into the same Pokemon, hoard battles. As sadistic as it is I respect their decision.

Meh, if you think that's annoying, go play BW where you see Frillish everywhere.

Zubat were rare for me, in Diamond I didn't find Zubat or Golbat until Iron Island <_<

I'm pretty sure that's where:

the conclusion of the Team Flare/legendary plot takes place.

Well that's... starnge.

You'd think a Pokémon Village would be more Abundant Shrine esque.

scrambledtogepi

Meh, if you think that's annoying, go play BW where you see Frillish everywhere.

Zubat were rare for me, in Diamond I didn't find Zubat or Golbat until Iron Island <_<

It's really more about the hate that transcends time from their encounter rate in Generation 1 Mt. Moon (79%). Keep in mind they have a relatively high speed stat, are found in the first large dungeon, and know supersonic.

I have alway found water areas more annoying then anything in caves. Everything since generation 2 has actively tried to avoid this in caves, but don't bother with water routs.

applemania

That adds two more cities, at least from me not researching anything, that's names connect to spices and incense.

Couriway reminds me of the Caraway seed and Anistar is obviously derived from Star Anise.

Ninfia-Fan

So where on this map are Xerneas and Yveltal?

I'm guessing Terminus Cave for Zygarde.
Glittering Cave for Xerneas.
Sea Spirit's Den for Yveltal?

These are only guesses.

freezer1

Ice-type Fanatic
Here we go, boys and girls:

quNfFKH.png
Yes. This is where we're heading to Saturday.

Quoting myself so people can quickly see the map and the descriptions:

I don't know whether it is just me, but There actually seems to be less landmarks or "points of interest" on this map than previous generations.

I don't know whether it is just me, but there actually seems to be less landmarks or "points of interest" on this map than previous generations.

;__;

If that's the case, then I hope the landmarks and points of interest are elaborate or expansive. I hear there was a lot to do and see still post-game in Black and White, I'm not hearing the same for these games yet. Sigh...

Neo_Mametchi

Well hopefully there will be enough interesting areas to keep us busy. I'd like to see some new areas that haven't been used before in a pokemon game.

MasterofArcanine

Pokecollection Maste
I'm looking forward to seeing a Pokeball factory, that sounds really interesting. Bet it's swarming with Voltorb.

Wait? there is a Pokeball factory? How did I miss that? Maybe we can finally discover how modern Balls are made.

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
I've updated the first post with the Kalos region map with town and landmark names based on Vermont's post above.

The Kalos Region Map
[spoil]
ZS7z3lb.png
[/spoil]

I don't have the copy yet, and if possible, can someone help me complete this map with routes.
This would greatly help everyone.

ianflowforever

Coordinator Plus
That adds two more cities, at least from me not researching anything, that's names connect to spices and incense.

Couriway reminds me of the Caraway seed and Anistar is obviously derived from Star Anise.

I'm happy to not be the only person who thought of that!

FallBird

Is there any word on whether seasons return or not? Wasn't sure if that should be here or in gameplay mechanics, but seems like that thread is nothing but battle discussion haha.

pokeaussie37

I'd just like to say that I absolutely love the look of the map! I'm slightly disappointed that southern France (the Pyrenees, the French Riviera and perhaps Corsica) wasn't included, but the nature of the map more than makes up for it with the inter-connectedness, which was the disappointment for me in Unova. Looking forward to exploring it very much :)

Status
Not open for further replies.